Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Di'Anno Banned in the US?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Di'Anno Banned in the US? Empty
PostSubject: Di'Anno Banned in the US?   Di'Anno Banned in the US? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 9:46 am

Did I miss something? Is Paul Di'Anno really not permitted back in the United States? What did he do?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Di'Anno Banned in the US?   Di'Anno Banned in the US? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 10:20 am

I was wondering that too - as I was gonna run up to Winnipeg next week
to go see him. I didn't understand why he was doing a "Canada
only" tour, without crossing over the border even once.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Di'Anno Banned in the US?   Di'Anno Banned in the US? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 10:25 am

Blabbermouth posted his comments about the fan petition to join Anthrax:

"...However, I am very happy with the way my career is going right now, and, of course, I cannot ever re-enter or tour in the USA anymore, so the ANTHRAX thing just ain't gonna happen. I wish ANTHRAX all the best, though."

Anyone have more info on this?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: Di'Anno Banned in the US?   Di'Anno Banned in the US? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 10:38 am

I read somewhere that he was busted at the border years back with drugs, but I don't know how true that is, as I have not been able to find out any further details...

I understand he may also have a domestic-violence charge against him from a long time ago, so I guess in the eyes of the US government he's considered a dangerous person.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Di'Anno Banned in the US?   Di'Anno Banned in the US? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 10:44 am

Wikipedia had alluded the domestic-violence incident, but didn't really go into detail.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: Di'Anno Banned in the US?   Di'Anno Banned in the US? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 11:16 am

Here's what Wikipedia has to say about it:

After the release of Murder One, Paul married an English girl whom he flew in to New York. Drink and drugs took their toll and the marriage quickly fell apart. Paul left New York and moved in with his new American girlfriend in LA. A fight between him and his new girlfriend involving a knife alerted the attention of the LAPD, who came into the apartment and arrested him for spousal abuse, cocaine possession and firearms offences. After a court appearance, he was sentenced to 4 months in the LA County Jail. It was here that Di'Anno began writing songs for the next Killers album and posting them over to the UK, where the band were now living.
Paul Di'Anno returned to the UK after being deported.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Di'Anno Banned in the US?   Di'Anno Banned in the US? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Di'Anno Banned in the US?
Page 1 of 1