Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What would you consider AC/DC's most underrated album?

Go down 
+20
metalinmyveins
QuothTheRaven
UltraMagnus007
scottmitchell74
TheGooch
candlemass
MoonChild
mr.electric39
Fat Freddy
James B.
thejokeriv
Shiney
TrogDawn
Mglaffas81
ultmetal
rattpoison
DeathCult
Thrasher73
White_Mage
tohostudios
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

What would you consider AC/DC's most underrated album? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would you consider AC/DC's most underrated album?   What would you consider AC/DC's most underrated album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 3:49 pm

candlemass wrote:
Ya know I haven't listened to any AC/DC in years, just lost interest in them. I would have to agree w/Flick of the Switch though, I remember reading in a Hit Parader at the time they thought the reason for the slip in sales and lack of interest in Flick was due to the plethora of new bands comming out at that time. We we're all caught up in the explosion of metal and so many choices, the Aussies just got lost in the mix.

Do you own any of their later work?
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: What would you consider AC/DC's most underrated album?   What would you consider AC/DC's most underrated album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 9:59 pm

I don't own any AC/DC, they just no longer appeal to me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: What would you consider AC/DC's most underrated album?   What would you consider AC/DC's most underrated album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 1:02 pm

candlemass wrote:
I don't own any AC/DC, they just no longer appeal to me.

HERESY! lol!
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: What would you consider AC/DC's most underrated album?   What would you consider AC/DC's most underrated album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 8:49 am

for those about to rock. not one of the more obscure albums but definitley in the shadow of back in black. which is a shame cos its awesome
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What would you consider AC/DC's most underrated album?   What would you consider AC/DC's most underrated album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 3:26 pm

So I just got Flick of the Switch in the mail today. Holy crap is this album awesome! I'd never heard a single song off this one until today. I'm on like my tenth spin and it's outstanding.

Why was this never a hit album for the band? I mean, I've never even heard a song from this one on the radio before.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What would you consider AC/DC's most underrated album?   What would you consider AC/DC's most underrated album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 3:26 pm

I have no idea, Eyesore. That's my favorite Brian Johnson album. Plus its fun as hell to play on the guitar. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What would you consider AC/DC's most underrated album?   What would you consider AC/DC's most underrated album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 3:31 pm

spectrefate wrote:
I have no idea, Eyesore. That's my favorite Brian Johnson album. Plus its fun as hell to play on the guitar. Smile
Why has the band gotten lighter in guitar tone on later albums? They're playing the same kind of riffs still. But on Stiff Upper Lip, it was almost like the distortion was on 1, when it should be on 10. They need to beef up their riffs again. I do like the recent albums, but they're better with those thicker riffs.

What do you think the new album will be like?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What would you consider AC/DC's most underrated album?   What would you consider AC/DC's most underrated album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 3:36 pm

Eyesore wrote:

I really think it has to do with their age as to why the riffage is at a minimum. I don't think they have toured since the early 90's. I always had a hard time with Ballbreaker and SUL, but I like them OK now.

I really think the new album will follow in the same vein as Stiff Upper Lip.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What would you consider AC/DC's most underrated album?   What would you consider AC/DC's most underrated album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 3:41 pm

So they're too old to rock? Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What would you consider AC/DC's most underrated album?   What would you consider AC/DC's most underrated album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 3:44 pm

Eyesore wrote:

Something to that effect. Rocking is pretty tough when you have to be constantly sitting on a hemorroid cushion.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: What would you consider AC/DC's most underrated album?   What would you consider AC/DC's most underrated album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 3:52 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

I really think it has to do with their age as to why the riffage is at a minimum. I don't think they have toured since the early 90's. I always had a hard time with Ballbreaker and SUL, but I like them OK now.

I really think the new album will follow in the same vein as Stiff Upper Lip.

I went with a friend of mine to see them in 2001 or so, one of the worst concerts Ive ever been too. Spec's right.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: What would you consider AC/DC's most underrated album?   What would you consider AC/DC's most underrated album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 3:59 pm

Eyesore wrote:
spectrefate wrote:
Why has the band gotten lighter in guitar tone on later albums? They're playing the same kind of riffs still. But on Stiff Upper Lip, it was almost like the distortion was on 1, when it should be on 10. They need to beef up their riffs again. I do like the recent albums, but they're better with those thicker riffs.

On playing on guitar - I remember learning the title track when the album came out.

The new album - it's produced by Brendan O'Brien who did Dogman by King's X, but has also done STP, Velvet Revolver, Pearl Jam, Rage Against The Machine and God knows who else. Juding by the guy's past work, it will probably have a "live" sound
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: What would you consider AC/DC's most underrated album?   What would you consider AC/DC's most underrated album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 4:25 pm

Running Wild
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What would you consider AC/DC's most underrated album?   What would you consider AC/DC's most underrated album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 4:33 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Running Wild

Most definetely.

Wait...what the hell are you talking about? Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What would you consider AC/DC's most underrated album?   What would you consider AC/DC's most underrated album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 4:46 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Something to that effect. Rocking is pretty tough when you have to be constantly sitting on a hemorroid cushion.
I'd bet if you played Stiff Upper Lip with the same sound as Back In Black, the album would sound much better.

Either way, I bought my first AC/DC album last year. In fact, the first two I got were Ballbreaker and Stiff Upper Lip. I had no preference previously, so I'm enjoying all of the albums relatively equally.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What would you consider AC/DC's most underrated album?   What would you consider AC/DC's most underrated album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 4:47 pm

spectrefate wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:
Running Wild
Most definetely.

Wait...what the hell are you talking about? Smile
It's a very underrated AC/DC album, for sure.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What would you consider AC/DC's most underrated album?   What would you consider AC/DC's most underrated album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 4:52 pm

My favorite listen has been '74 Jailbreak. Great times.
Back to top Go down
UltraMagnus007
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
UltraMagnus007

Number of posts : 282

PostSubject: Re: What would you consider AC/DC's most underrated album?   What would you consider AC/DC's most underrated album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 5:18 pm

I have always really liked Ballbreaker but one of my favourite songs they ever did was who made who. I heard it during the Stephen King film maximum overdrive years ago and it was this song which made me a fan so I really like the Who Made Who album. I know its a bits and pieces album with only a few new songs (for the time) on it but I still love it.
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: What would you consider AC/DC's most underrated album?   What would you consider AC/DC's most underrated album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 3:52 pm

rattpoison wrote:
I'd say Dirty Deeds isn't that underrated considering its their 3rd highest selling record after the two biggies (you know em).

But their's a great song buried on side B of that record that is totally underrated called 'Ride On'. Bon's finest moment and the bands greatest song. Volume turned down and heart turned up. What a beautifully bittersweet song.

I was going to mention this song! I don't know about underrated albums, but "Ride On" is a very underrated song. I think the Bon Scott stuff in general is less appreciated than Brian Johnson era, minus Highway... of course. My favorite AC/DC stuff is Bon's. He sang with so much heart and was the epitome of the 70s rocker! Sex, Drugs and Rock n'Roll baby! Cool
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: What would you consider AC/DC's most underrated album?   What would you consider AC/DC's most underrated album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 2:57 pm

Mglaffas81 wrote:
"Blow up your video" was not the big hit either..

This was one of two albums in my life that I never listened to the 2nd side, and the other one being Kiss "Crazy Nights". I thought that the first side, outside of Heatseeker was such crap, I didn't want to waste minutes of my life on the other side. I think I felt that "Crazy Nights" was even worse than "Blow Up Your Video", and I didn't think that was possible.

As far as underrated goes, I would probably have to go with "Fly on the Wall".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What would you consider AC/DC's most underrated album?   What would you consider AC/DC's most underrated album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 10:55 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:
"Blow up your video" was not the big hit either..

This was one of two albums in my life that I never listened to the 2nd side, and the other one being Kiss "Crazy Nights". I thought that the first side, outside of Heatseeker was such crap, I didn't want to waste minutes of my life on the other side. I think I felt that "Crazy Nights" was even worse than "Blow Up Your Video", and I didn't think that was possible.

As far as underrated goes, I would probably have to go with "Fly on the Wall".

But, there's such great material on BUYV. "Ruff Stuff", "Sum Sin For Nuthin", "This Means War", "Kissin Dynamite", "That's The Way I Wanna Rock'n'Roll". Well, it's all good, really.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What would you consider AC/DC's most underrated album?   What would you consider AC/DC's most underrated album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 2:53 pm

Powerage
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: What would you consider AC/DC's most underrated album?   What would you consider AC/DC's most underrated album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 12:02 pm

the razors edge is very good i think except for the song mistress for christmas which is insipid
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: What would you consider AC/DC's most underrated album?   What would you consider AC/DC's most underrated album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 7:42 pm

Powerage
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: What would you consider AC/DC's most underrated album?   What would you consider AC/DC's most underrated album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 6:49 pm

all of them Ac/Dc own!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 🤘
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What would you consider AC/DC's most underrated album?   What would you consider AC/DC's most underrated album? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What would you consider AC/DC's most underrated album?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next