Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Doors - Absolutely Live

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

The Doors - Absolutely Live Empty
PostSubject: The Doors - Absolutely Live   The Doors - Absolutely Live Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 4:11 pm

The Doors - Absolutely Live Absolu11

This one seems to be one of those forgotten classic live albums. This came out before the live album craze, but contained all the essential elements to a legendary live album.

Fans of this album?
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: The Doors - Absolutely Live   The Doors - Absolutely Live Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 9:25 pm

It's alright...but Jim was in his 'fat elvis' stage by then and it really shows. Short of incendiary and sluggish.

You need to get a live recording of them from '67. The Bootleg Live At The Matrix Theatre is a great one. Incredibly intense and pissed. And 'The End' is uncensored with the great improvised lyrics.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: The Doors - Absolutely Live   The Doors - Absolutely Live Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 11:55 pm

In the near future I will be picking up a live Doors cd and I will probably go with The Doors: In Concert (1991). A close friend had it our freshman year of college and played it constantly. I like it, except for some of the rambling by Jim. Now I am undecided. Peace.
Back to top Go down
ThrashedOutCobra33
Metal master
Metal master
ThrashedOutCobra33

Number of posts : 586

PostSubject: Re: The Doors - Absolutely Live   The Doors - Absolutely Live Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 4:24 pm

Going to see Jim Morrison's grave site tomorrow pay some respects to the Lizard King 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Doors - Absolutely Live   The Doors - Absolutely Live Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 9:59 pm

the sentinel wrote:
In the near future I will be picking up a live Doors cd and I will probably go with The Doors: In Concert (1991). A close friend had it our freshman year of college and played it constantly. I like it, except for some of the rambling by Jim. Now I am undecided. Peace.

The more recent Live At Boston is excellent. I'd suggest you go with that one.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: The Doors - Absolutely Live   The Doors - Absolutely Live Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 10:15 pm

get_the_firehouse wrote:
the sentinel wrote:

The more recent Live At Boston is excellent. I'd suggest you go with that one.

I will check that out and try to get a listen somehow. I love live albums, but some are hit and miss. For example, I am listening to a live Crue cd right now, and, although the band sounds tight I wish they would have recorded an entire concert instead of piecing together diff songs from diff concerts over a span of 15 years. I like it when live albums have a flow and there is little to no studio polishing done.Peace.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: The Doors - Absolutely Live   The Doors - Absolutely Live Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 12:14 am

rattpoison wrote:
It's alright...but Jim was in his 'fat elvis' stage by then and it really shows. Short of incendiary and sluggish.

You need to get a live recording of them from '67. The Bootleg Live At The Matrix Theatre is a great one. Incredibly intense and pissed. And 'The End' is uncensored with the great improvised lyrics.

Are you out of your freakin' mind?! angry

This has some of his best performances on it, strong vocals, gut wrenching screams, not to mention a stellar performance of "The Celebration of the Lizard King!"
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: The Doors - Absolutely Live   The Doors - Absolutely Live Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 9:18 am

Not to mention the best rendition of "Who Do You Love" I've ever heard, the improv on "Break On Through", the awesome version of "When the Music's Over", the killer medley....... the band plays heavy as hell on this one, in every sence of the title it's ABSOLUTELY LIVE!!! 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Doors - Absolutely Live   The Doors - Absolutely Live Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 9:38 am

candlemass wrote:
Not to mention the best rendition of "Who Do You Love" I've ever heard, the improv on "Break On Through", the awesome version of "When the Music's Over", the killer medley....... the band plays heavy as hell on this one, in every sence of the title it's ABSOLUTELY LIVE!!! 🤘

What the heck do you know about The Doors? Smile
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: The Doors - Absolutely Live   The Doors - Absolutely Live Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 10:13 am

spectrefate wrote:

What the heck do you know about The Doors? Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Doors - Absolutely Live   The Doors - Absolutely Live Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 7:09 pm

Candlemass my wife just found dance on fire on myspace. Is that you? She is a huge Doors fanatic.Small world ehh.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: The Doors - Absolutely Live   The Doors - Absolutely Live Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 8:40 pm

Phoenix Rising wrote:
Candlemass my wife just found dance on fire on myspace. Is that you? She is a huge Doors fanatic.Small world ehh.

We're the band from Cleveland, Oh, there's another, I believe they're from Italy. My profile pic here is the same as the myspace page.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: The Doors - Absolutely Live   The Doors - Absolutely Live Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 12:25 am

candlemass wrote:
rattpoison wrote:

Are you out of your freakin' mind?! angry

This has some of his best performances on it, strong vocals, gut wrenching screams, not to mention a stellar performance of "The Celebration of the Lizard King!"

It's still good just not as good as some of the live stuff i have of them from '67.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: The Doors - Absolutely Live   The Doors - Absolutely Live Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 2:01 am

It was hardly sluggish, I have some bootlegs where they sound sluggish!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Absoultley Live underrated live album   The Doors - Absolutely Live Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 2:01 pm

candlemass wrote:
It was hardly sluggish, I have some bootlegs where they sound sluggish!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The Doors - Absolutely Live   The Doors - Absolutely Live Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 5:04 pm

the sentinel wrote:

I am sure you already know this but In Concert is composite album made up of Absoutley Live(in its entirely), Alive She Cried, and Live in the Hollywood bowl ep, so it is good buy and you will still be getting Absoutley Live just under a different title.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Doors - Absolutely Live   The Doors - Absolutely Live Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Doors - Absolutely Live
Page 1 of 1