Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Underrated thrash album of 2010...

Go down 
+6
ultmetal
krokus
Gilbert
Thrasher73
Shawn Of Fire
Alex Dee Rokket
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

Underrated thrash album of 2010... Empty
PostSubject: Underrated thrash album of 2010...   Underrated thrash album of 2010... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 11:16 pm

Annihilator's self-titled!

Have you heard it? I am finding this to be one of the best Annihilator albums to come out in a very long time. Admittedly I have not closley followed the band since Dave Padden joined but from what I heard to date, this seems to be the better album with Padden on the vocals.

Last edited by Alex Dee Rokket on Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Underrated thrash album of 2010...   Underrated thrash album of 2010... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 11:18 pm

Have not heard it...but Annihilator is usually pretty awesome...

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Underrated thrash album of 2010...   Underrated thrash album of 2010... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 11:21 pm

Its very good and probably the best thing they've done in a long time.Songs like Coward just crush.I dont know about thrash album of the year though.That spot would go to Heathen or Vindicator or even National Suicide.
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

PostSubject: Re: Underrated thrash album of 2010...   Underrated thrash album of 2010... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 11:24 pm

I sort of gave up on Annihilator after Joe Comeau's departure. I couldn't put up with all the line-up changes anymore especially as the replacement was Dave Padden whose vocals I thought were atrocious.

I love most of the older Annihilator albums (except for Remains) and the Comeau albums are great too. But stuff like All For You was horrible. I would actually welcome your views on the last 4 Annihilator albums, it's possible that I am missing out on something good.

I decided however to look into the latest album only because I saw a related link on youtube and I was blown away by what I heard. Believe me, had I not seen that link I probably would still be oblivious to the existence of this album (in fact I was not even aware Annihilator had a new album out or that Jeff had released quite a few albums since All For You).

I was further surprised to learn that the singer was still Dave Padden, not in the least that Jeff has not yet booted him out of the band but that he's survived to record (I think) 4 albums (?) with Jeff, and has surprisingly improved as a vocalist.

In fact on some of the songs I heard from the new self-titled album he sounds almost like Chuck Billy. Almost though not quite because his lows are nowhere near as brutal sounding as Chuck's. Nevertheless, it's a far cry from the rather 'feeble' commercial sound Padden had on All For You.
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

PostSubject: Re: Underrated thrash album of 2010...   Underrated thrash album of 2010... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 11:27 pm

Thrasher73 wrote:
Its very good and probably the best thing they've done in a long time.Songs like Coward just crush.I dont know about thrash album of the year though.That spot would go to Heathen or Vindicator or even National Suicide.

I agree. Also the topic of the thread was not intended to infer that this was the best thrash album of the year. It should be read as "one of the underrated thrash albums of the year" but I completely agree with your choices. Heathen's new album definitely takes the crown for me. I have not heard Vindicator or National Suicide - I will have to look into those bands as I'm unfamiliar with them.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: Underrated thrash album of 2010...   Underrated thrash album of 2010... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 11:34 pm

Alex Dee Rokket wrote:
Thrasher73 wrote:

I agree. Also the topic of the thread was not intended to infer that this was the best thrash album of the year. It should be read as "one of the underrated thrash albums of the year" but I completely agree with your choices. Heathen's new album definitely takes the crown for me. I have not heard Vindicator or National Suicide - I will have to look into those bands as I'm unfamiliar with them.

Yeah,I get what you're saying bro.You owe it to yourself to check out National Suicide.Great band from Italy with an Early Exodus flavor.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Underrated thrash album of 2010...   Underrated thrash album of 2010... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 1:10 am

I really like the album.

Heard it repeatedly over the last few weeks.

Only negative comment is that the songs are hardly memorable.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Underrated thrash album of 2010...   Underrated thrash album of 2010... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 4:23 am

Yeah, i like the last ANNIHILATOR album too, i bought the l.edition box version, very cool.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Underrated thrash album of 2010...   Underrated thrash album of 2010... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 8:11 am

Want it! I need to get it soon.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Underrated thrash album of 2010...   Underrated thrash album of 2010... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 8:26 am

Gilbert wrote:
I really like the album.

How do you know you like it if you can't remember it? Wink
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Underrated thrash album of 2010...   Underrated thrash album of 2010... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 9:21 am

"Annihilator" was a step down, imo. I just couldn't remember anything from it when I was finished listning to it.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Underrated thrash album of 2010...   Underrated thrash album of 2010... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 10:05 am

I'd say it goes to Warbeast "Krush the Enemy".
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: Underrated thrash album of 2010...   Underrated thrash album of 2010... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 10:11 am

Lurideath wrote:

Another good choice!
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Underrated thrash album of 2010...   Underrated thrash album of 2010... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 10:59 am

Lurideath wrote:

Just YouTube'd that song...pretty badass! Underrated thrash album of 2010... 11840
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Underrated thrash album of 2010...   Underrated thrash album of 2010... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 11:20 am

Warbeast FTW but Annihilator is great, a stinking riff fest.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Underrated thrash album of 2010...   Underrated thrash album of 2010... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 12:37 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
I really like the album.

How do you know you like it if you can't remember it? Wink

What makes it hard, is the excessive guitar work performed by jeff waters.

Too many solos.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Underrated thrash album of 2010...   Underrated thrash album of 2010... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 10:03 am

my votes goes to Battalion from Switzerland

http://www.myspace.com/battalionofficial
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Underrated thrash album of 2010...   Underrated thrash album of 2010... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 2:54 am

I'm leaning towards VINDICATOR.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Underrated thrash album of 2010...   Underrated thrash album of 2010... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 8:47 am

Heathen gets my vote. It would seem to me that those who actually heard it, praise it derservingly. Sadly it looks as though it is vastly overlooked.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Underrated thrash album of 2010...   Underrated thrash album of 2010... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 6:10 am

Heathen's new album is marvelous.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Underrated thrash album of 2010...   Underrated thrash album of 2010... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 10:39 am

kmorg wrote:
Heathen gets my vote. It would seem to me that those who actually heard it, praise it derservingly. Sadly it looks as though it is vastly overlooked.

I agree.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Underrated thrash album of 2010...   Underrated thrash album of 2010... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 12:41 am

ultmetal wrote:
Want it! I need to get it soon.

I'm awaiting the review on the new Annihilator.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Underrated thrash album of 2010...   Underrated thrash album of 2010... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Underrated thrash album of 2010...
Page 1 of 1