Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hypothetical Christian Metal Reunion

Go down 
+10
Stender
Tall Tyrion
thejokeriv
kmorg
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
Temple of Blood
candlemass
Fat Freddy
scottmitchell74
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Which CD do you buy??
Barren Cross
Hypothetical Christian Metal Reunion Vote_lcap53%Hypothetical Christian Metal Reunion Vote_rcap
 53% [ 9 ]
Sacred Warrior
Hypothetical Christian Metal Reunion Vote_lcap47%Hypothetical Christian Metal Reunion Vote_rcap
 47% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 17

AuthorMessage

Hypothetical Christian Metal Reunion Empty
PostSubject: Hypothetical Christian Metal Reunion   Hypothetical Christian Metal Reunion Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 8:27 am

You have $15 dollars to spend. Two of your favorite christian bands from the 80's have just released new albums with their original lineups. Barren Cross and Sacred Warrior. Each album is $13.99. Which do you buy?

I buy the Sacred Warrior only because I liked their 80's/90's output a bit better than Barren Cross'.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Hypothetical Christian Metal Reunion   Hypothetical Christian Metal Reunion Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 8:29 am

I'm more familiar with Sacred Warrior and their stuff was amazing.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Hypothetical Christian Metal Reunion   Hypothetical Christian Metal Reunion Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 8:30 am

I snap up the Barren Cross right away!!

Then I save up another $13.99 and go back to buy the Sacred Warrior the following week.

Both great bands but I always liked BC just a lil' bit mo'!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Hypothetical Christian Metal Reunion   Hypothetical Christian Metal Reunion Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 9:18 am

Neither, if that's all the cash I have, I'm gettin' pizza!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband

PostSubject: Re: Hypothetical Christian Metal Reunion   Hypothetical Christian Metal Reunion Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 9:20 am

I can't fault you for your honesty, candlemass. Smile
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Hypothetical Christian Metal Reunion   Hypothetical Christian Metal Reunion Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 9:40 am

SACRED WARRIOR!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Hypothetical Christian Metal Reunion   Hypothetical Christian Metal Reunion Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 10:52 am

I agree with FF on this.Always liked BC a little bit better.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Hypothetical Christian Metal Reunion   Hypothetical Christian Metal Reunion Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 11:32 am

I know little-to-nothing about either band, so I'm not buying either one brand new with my $13.99.

However, if I saw either one in a used bin, I'd consult the members of this board, check some reviews of older albums from both bands on Ult's and Kmorg's sites, think about going back to the store, procrastinate long enough and eventually get there, only to find that both cd's are long gone. Then I'd come back here and piss & moan that I didn't get the cd's when I had the chance. Freddy would show some sympathy and say "too bad, dude", Scotty would 2nd those sentiments, then Spec would chime in to mock all of us and tell us funboys to get a room and quit wasting precious time. The Gooch will dig up this thread 6 months from now and add nothing to the conversation, which will cause Eyesore to make some snarky comment, inciting a flamewar, leaving SUC to lock this thread and a stern warning post from Uncle Saxon about message board courtesy.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Hypothetical Christian Metal Reunion   Hypothetical Christian Metal Reunion Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 11:37 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I know little-to-nothing about either band, so I'm not buying either one brand new with my $13.99.

However, if I saw either one in a used bin, I'd consult the members of this board, check some reviews of older albums from both bands on Ult's and Kmorg's sites, think about going back to the store, procrastinate long enough and eventually get there, only to find that both cd's are long gone. Then I'd come back here and piss & moan that I didn't get the cd's when I had the chance. Freddy would show some sympathy and say "too bad, dude", Scotty would 2nd those sentiments, then Spec would chime in to mock all of us and tell us funboys to get a room and quit wasting precious time. The Gooch will dig up this thread 6 months from now and add nothing to the conversation, which will cause Eyesore to make some snarky comment, inciting a flamewar, leaving SUC to lock this thread and a stern warning post from Uncle Saxon about message board courtesy.

Laughing very hard Post of the Day, right here. Nice one, MG.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Hypothetical Christian Metal Reunion   Hypothetical Christian Metal Reunion Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 11:42 am

Thanks. The coffee is especially strong this morning.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hypothetical Christian Metal Reunion   Hypothetical Christian Metal Reunion Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 11:59 am

Neither becuase they would both try to update their sound & everyone would hate it...
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Hypothetical Christian Metal Reunion   Hypothetical Christian Metal Reunion Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 12:07 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

lol!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Hypothetical Christian Metal Reunion   Hypothetical Christian Metal Reunion Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 2:54 pm

Well, since I'm the rich Norwegian guy, I would have 30$ and buy them both!! Laughing

I'd pick the SW off the shelf first.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Hypothetical Christian Metal Reunion   Hypothetical Christian Metal Reunion Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 4:37 pm

I'd need to hear samples first - if both sounds good, I would buy both. If it sounds like crap, neither.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Hypothetical Christian Metal Reunion   Hypothetical Christian Metal Reunion Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 5:42 pm

BC
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hypothetical Christian Metal Reunion   Hypothetical Christian Metal Reunion Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 5:43 pm

BC, by a mile.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Hypothetical Christian Metal Reunion   Hypothetical Christian Metal Reunion Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 5:46 pm

Barren Cross fo sho.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hypothetical Christian Metal Reunion   Hypothetical Christian Metal Reunion Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 7:44 pm

Barren Cross who are rumored to be working on something right now.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Hypothetical Christian Metal Reunion   Hypothetical Christian Metal Reunion Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 7:56 pm

All I have is Barren Cross-Rattle Your Cage, Sacred Warrior-Rebellion, Sacred Warrior-Master's Command, and Sacred Warrior-Live At Cornerstone so I wouldn't really know which to choose. Luckily the only store around here I'd find it in would be Mardel Christian Bookstore and they always have demo CDs you can listen to before buying. So I'd do that and make my decision (if I like both then I will buy one and hope the other is still there when I get more money).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Hypothetical Christian Metal Reunion   Hypothetical Christian Metal Reunion Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 8:05 pm

Being that Mike is in a good place right now, I'll go with some BC action.
Back to top Go down
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: Hypothetical Christian Metal Reunion   Hypothetical Christian Metal Reunion Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 8:28 pm

I'll take Sacred Warrior by a nose. I think that thier whole catalog is just a bit stronger than BCs.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Hypothetical Christian Metal Reunion   Hypothetical Christian Metal Reunion Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 8:45 pm

Quote :
However, if I saw either one in a used bin,
I'd consult the members of this board, check some reviews of older
albums from both bands on Ult's and Kmorg's sites, think about going
back to the store, procrastinate long enough and eventually get there,
only to find that both cd's are long gone. Then I'd come back here and
piss & moan that I didn't get the cd's when I had the chance.
Freddy would show some sympathy and say "too bad, dude", Scotty would
2nd those sentiments, then Spec would chime in to mock all of us and
tell us funboys to get a room and quit wasting precious time. The Gooch
will dig up this thread 6 months from now and add nothing to the
conversation, which will cause Eyesore to make some snarky comment,
inciting a flamewar, leaving SUC to lock this thread and a stern
warning post from Uncle Saxon about message board courtesy.

Awesome! lol!
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Hypothetical Christian Metal Reunion   Hypothetical Christian Metal Reunion Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 10:02 pm

BARREN CROSS, DUDES!!! PULEEEAAAAZEEE!!!!
go, NOW and buy it.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Hypothetical Christian Metal Reunion   Hypothetical Christian Metal Reunion Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 1:15 pm

T-Roy wrote:
PULE!!!!

This is the first thing that enetered my eyes when seeing your post. If you only knew what this in Norwegian for........... Razz

PostSubject: Re: Hypothetical Christian Metal Reunion   Hypothetical Christian Metal Reunion Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 2:29 pm

I would probably go with Barren Cross but before either of those I would go with Living Sacrifice(89'-present). Legend.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hypothetical Christian Metal Reunion   Hypothetical Christian Metal Reunion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hypothetical Christian Metal Reunion
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next