Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Sword

Go down 
+54
Andy
corplhicks
Runicen
bgsully
deathisgain
DeathCult
Boris2008
journeyman
Thelemech
Chairman_Smith
The_Jayroh
mr.electric39
Lari
Wurthless
chewie
Sutekh
Witchfinder
Metal Misfit
Joe
Wargod
sheets
troublemagnet
Eyesore
Hamer12
DallasBlack
Fat Freddy
MetalH
chucksteak
mez
Gilbert
thejokeriv
the sentinel
SuprimuS
metalinmyveins
manny
nevermore
IHATEGENRES
sam
Tall Tyrion
Troublezone
jstate
Stender
scottmitchell74
TheGooch
MetalGuy71
Mglaffas81
Muloc7253
SAHB Healer
brontotex
White_Mage
ThrashedOutCobra33
Thrasher73
tohostudios
candlemass
58 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

The Sword - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 8:46 am

I picked up the new one over the weekend, has'nt left the player yet, these guys RULE!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

The Sword - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 11:47 am

detuned wrote:
Before you buy the individual discs, you can get both CDs together in a box set for $14.99 at Amazon.

[url=http://www.amazon.com/Sword-Box/dp/B001HY3BMW/ref=pd_bbs_3?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1233633998&sr=8-3
http://www.amazon.com/Sword-Box/dp/B001HY3BMW/ref=pd_bbs_3?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1233633998&sr=8-3[/quote[/url]]

I saw that set at FYE. It's cool if you don't have either disc already, but there's no extras, other than a sticker (whoopie!), that makes it worthwhile for a re-buy. Good price though for 2 kick a$$ albums.

The Sword - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 11:51 am

Yeah, I figured it was a good deal for the uninitiated.

When I first arrived in Austin this past summer I went to one of the local music stores and asked the clerk if there were any good local metal bands...he about blew a gasket telling me about The Sword. So I bought both albums on vinyl without ever hearing them first (the vinyl came with free mp3 downloads which is a nice bonus).
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

The Sword - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 2:31 pm

Are these guys worth all the hype? After listening to Gods Of The Earth twice now I must say that they sure as hell are. Great album that brings metal of the 70s into the modrn era. The term retro metal indeed fits these guys well. They bring to mind bands of the 70s without sounding dated. I hear the vocalist likened to Ozzy but I don't quite hear it. There is an Ozzy-like quality to his voice but he sounds more like a mix of Ozzy, Pepper Keenan, Lee Dorian, and Glenn Danzig to my ears.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

The Sword - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 3:57 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Are these guys worth all the hype? After listening to Gods Of The Earth twice now I must say that they sure as hell are. Great album that brings metal of the 70s into the modrn era. The term retro metal indeed fits these guys well. They bring to mind bands of the 70s without sounding dated. I hear the vocalist likened to Ozzy but I don't quite hear it. There is an Ozzy-like quality to his voice but he sounds more like a mix of Ozzy, Pepper Keenan, Lee Dorian, and Glenn Danzig to my ears.

Buy it, Mike. I would bet that you'll love it. I didn't think I would, but I sure as heck did.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

The Sword - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 4:42 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

Buy it, Mike. I would bet that you'll love it. I didn't think I would, but I sure as heck did.

Already got it and love it. Once I become more familiar with it I will get the other one.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

The Sword - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 1:56 pm

The Sundering just popped up on my MP3 player...what a crushing instramental!

Love these guys.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

The Sword - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 2:32 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
The Sundering just popped up on my MP3 player...what a crushing instramental!

Love these guys.

They are good!!!! I got into them after see them open for MEtallica!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

The Sword - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 7:32 pm

Yup. Killer band. Can't wait for the new one.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

The Sword - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 3:05 am

I like their retro sound. It's like early Metallica meets Sabbath.
Back to top Go down

The Sword - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 1:08 pm

New album coming August 24th, I CAN'T WAIT!

The Sword - Page 4 The-sword-warp-riders-cover-art

Love this album cover!

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

The Sword - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 2:07 pm

detuned wrote:

Love this album cover!

That will be a day one purchase for me!!!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25905

The Sword - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 5:03 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
detuned wrote:

Love this album cover!

That will be a day one purchase for me!!!

Same here!!
Back to top Go down
troublemagnet
Metal Conspiracist

Number of posts : 410

The Sword - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 7:40 pm

I saw them live about a year and a half ago,standing right in front of the bass player with a pitcher of beer in each hand,banging my head like a maniac. One of the best shows I have ever been to.
No,the Sword isn't a "deep" or original band by any stretch (that would be Kyuss) but "Gods of the Earth" is a fantastic album if you want to bang your head almost non-stop.
I think I'm gonna play some Sword right now. The Sword - Page 4 11840
Back to top Go down

The Sword - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 10:51 pm

The Sword are "real", that's the seller for me. Seeing them live, you can tell the passion is real, they love the music they're playing...which is infectious. To paraphrase Hetfield, "honesty is their only excuse."

Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

The Sword - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 10:22 am

Love The Sword.I'm all over this album when it comes out.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

The Sword - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 10:36 am

Thrasher73 wrote:

Same here. Love these guys.

Anyone know if that sci-fi album cover is lifted from a movie poster or book cover or is it an original piece? It looks vaugley familiar.

Thrasher73

The Sword - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 11:36 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Thrasher73 wrote:

Same here. Love these guys.

Anyone know if that sci-fi album cover is lifted from a movie poster or book cover or is it an original piece? It looks vaugley familiar.

I was thinking the same thing.I've seen that somewhere before but cant place it
Back to top Go down

The Sword - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 11:45 am

It looks like a late 60's/early 70's sci-fi book cover....

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

The Sword - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 11:47 am

I found this on Wikipedia, which implies that the album cover is an original piece...

Quote :
The album cover was revealed in late-June; designed by artist Dan McPharlin, it is said to pay homage to the authors that inspired the album's lyrics

See more of Dan's work here...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/danmcp/

The Sword - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 8:01 pm

new song.

headbanger
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

The Sword - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 9:28 pm

detuned wrote:
new song.

headbanger

Awesome!!!!! I like it!!!!
Back to top Go down

The Sword - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 9:53 pm

Here's a free download courtesy of Kemado Records.

http://www.kemado.com/news/download-the-new-sword-track-tres-brujas/

I'll be buying my copy at their "heavy metal parking lot" performance at Waterloo Records in Austin next Tuesday!

I've heard the entire album, it's their best BY FAR, absolutely killer from beginning to end. Highest Detuned recommendations...

Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

The Sword - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 8:32 am

I've heard the whole thing too and will be snagging it the day it comes out.These guys are a welcomed blast from the past.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

The Sword - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 10:56 am

On the ¨want list¨now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Sword - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Sword
Page 4 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next