Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Sword

Go down 
+54
Andy
corplhicks
Runicen
bgsully
deathisgain
DeathCult
Boris2008
journeyman
Thelemech
Chairman_Smith
The_Jayroh
mr.electric39
Lari
Wurthless
chewie
Sutekh
Witchfinder
Metal Misfit
Joe
Wargod
sheets
troublemagnet
Eyesore
Hamer12
DallasBlack
Fat Freddy
MetalH
chucksteak
mez
Gilbert
thejokeriv
the sentinel
SuprimuS
metalinmyveins
manny
nevermore
IHATEGENRES
sam
Tall Tyrion
Troublezone
jstate
Stender
scottmitchell74
TheGooch
MetalGuy71
Mglaffas81
Muloc7253
SAHB Healer
brontotex
White_Mage
ThrashedOutCobra33
Thrasher73
tohostudios
candlemass
58 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

The Sword - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 10:06 am

And here I was expecting comments like "I had Sweet Dreams back in the day, great album!" lol!

These kids sound great! I just love that there are so many young bands that are showing a lot more of the classic metal influences and getting back to a better (IMO) form of songcraft.Lots of interesting things going on here and it's heavy as all get out! 🤘
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

The Sword - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 11:59 am

God of the earth is a really sweet cd, took me listening through it about twice and really just sorta sticks to you. I actually found myself singing their songs in the shower, and I never sing in the shower.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal

The Sword - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 1:56 pm

Loved them at first, got old fast, all their sounds sound the same, gets annoying, only listen once in a while.
Back to top Go down
IHATEGENRES
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 41

The Sword - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 5:33 am

really boring to me... but I like pig noises so what do I know! The Sword - Page 2 19976
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25863

The Sword - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 9:30 pm

Awesome band!!!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

The Sword - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 8:51 pm

Listened to this again a couple times the last couple days and this is blowing me away. Just pure Heavy Metal thunder!!!
Back to top Go down

The Sword - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 9:32 pm

Agreed, the albums improve with repeated listening. These guys are YOUNG, if they are this good now...imagine what they can accomplish with a few tours under their belts.

I've got tickets to see them on Oct 4th (w/Graveyard & Clutch)...CAN'T WAIT!
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

The Sword - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 3:47 pm

Muloc7253 wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:
White_Mage wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
They hate the band because they got popular quick. Simple as that. A lot of those guys are in some killer bands, but they're bands that'll sell 500 copies an album and that's it. They're bitter. Yeah, they sure as hell should sell more than 500 copies, but they equate any other band doing better than them as selling out.

It's just bitterness and ignorance. Then you've got fans of those bands posting there just stroking the egos of the rest. It's unfortunate because, like I mentioned in the thread there, what if some 15-year-old kid loves The Sword, thinks they're the greatest band ever; are they going to just crap all over that kid? Maybe The Sword will lead that kid to Black Sabbath! But no, they'll tell the kid he's worthless and deserves to die a horrible death.

Yeah I metioned that in the poser thread why do people rag on 13-15 yr old kids who are just hearing Metallica or AC/DC for being posers I mean doesn't it make sense to lead them into our world instead of rejecting them from it I mean most metalheads started out listing to "Enter Sandman" Or "Back In Black".

That does not bother me - What pisses me off, is if the next artist they listen to is 50 Cent

Pray tell why that pisses you off. What difference does it make to your life, how does it effect your existance in any way, shape or form if 50 Cent is enjoyable to another individual? I can't stand his music, so freaking what? Lots of people can't stand Slayer.

A lot of metalheads must lead very frustrated and unfulfilling lives if the mere music tastes of another individual pisses them off.

That is not what I meant - I could not care less about if they like 50 cent or whatnot - It's if they listen to Metallica and 50 Cent as if there is almost no difference in the music - It's usually the sort of people who just listen to a song, and if it is not insanely catchy from the get-go, it sucks - if a shuffled playlist says - "Enter Sandman, CandyShop, Dying in your Arms, Raining Blood, Umbrella" ..it's just..aaaargh, it just pisses me off
Back to top Go down

The Sword - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 4:06 pm

Mglaffas81 wrote:
if a shuffled playlist says - "Enter Sandman, CandyShop, Dying in your Arms, Raining Blood, Umbrella" ..it's just..aaaargh, it just pisses me off
Oh? Here's the next 10 songs that pop up on my playlist, just shuffling through:

Guano Apes - Rain
Delerium - Heaven's Earth
Tarot - E.T.I.
Epica - Never Enough
The Coral - Migraine
Gemini Five - I Am Hollow
Green Carnation - A Place For Me
Hundred Reasons - One Moment
Dead Can Dance - Bird
Keith Caputo - New York City (Acoustic)

Pissed off? Am I a poser?
Back to top Go down

The Sword - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 4:55 pm

Not unless I'm also a poser:

Next up on my playlist:

Charles Mingus - Boogie Stop Shuffle
Led Zeppelin - Achille's Last Stand
Nick Drake - Time Has Told Me
John Coltrane - Cousin Mary
Black Sabbath - Warning
King's X - Go Tell Somebody
Gil Scott-Heron - The Revolution Will Not Be Televised
Jethro Tull - Fat Man
Witchcraft - If Crimson Was Your Colour
War - Galaxy

The Sword - Page 2 505193
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

The Sword - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 2:14 pm

detuned wrote:
Not unless I'm also a poser:

Next up on my playlist:

Charles Mingus - Boogie Stop Shuffle
Led Zeppelin - Achille's Last Stand
Nick Drake - Time Has Told Me
John Coltrane - Cousin Mary
Black Sabbath - Warning
King's X - Go Tell Somebody
Gil Scott-Heron - The Revolution Will Not Be Televised
Jethro Tull - Fat Man
Witchcraft - If Crimson Was Your Colour
War - Galaxy

The Sword - Page 2 505193

That does not piss me off at all

And Eyesore, I am not familiar with any of the bands you just listed
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

The Sword - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 3:18 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Outstanding band. I reviewed their 2004 demo here:

http://www.metalreviews.com/reviews/detail.php3?id=3112

I love this band. "True" doom/stoner fans despise them, of course. If you've got time:

http://www.hellridemusic.com/forum/showthread.php?p=170037#post170037

I apologize for my language. Those guys are dicks. lol!

I just read the thread on hellridemusic, and was wondering what in the hell are they talking about? The Sword got a few good reviews and you are at fault because the mainstream gave the band a good review? A good review by the main stream press means a band sold out? If that is what they mean that makes no sense, maybe if the hellridemusic members would put their crack pipe down and move out of mommy's basement they would see that the Sword may have received good reviews because (gasp) maybe they made a good album, Eyesore I don't know how you ever made time to talk to a bunch of no life 35 year old virgins who took a good review in a mainstream means your selling out or that somehow you are in bed with the Sword's record label.
Back to top Go down

The Sword - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 7:33 pm

WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!

THIS BAND IS FRIGGIN' GREAT! Why the hell have I ignored them all this time. Oh yeah! Because I'm a dick!

I bought Gods of the Earth on a whim tonite from WalMart of all places and have been blown away!

What a great great album.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

The Sword - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 8:13 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!

THIS BAND IS FRIGGIN' GREAT! Why the hell have I ignored them all this time. Oh yeah! Because I'm a dick!

I couldn't agree with you more, and the band is okay. J/K

SpectreFate wrote:
I bought Gods of the Earth on a whim tonite from WalMart of all places and have been blown away!

What a great great album.

I haven't picked up their debut album YET, but I absolutely love "Gods of the Earth". They are actually packaging both albums together as a limited edition purchase. I saw this at both F.Y.E. and Best Buy. I have "Gods of Earth" on CDR, so I will be updating that soon.
Back to top Go down

The Sword - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 8:14 pm

cool

Bout time you got with the program! Now go buy their first album....
Back to top Go down

The Sword - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 8:21 pm

detuned wrote:
cool

Bout time you got with the program! Now go buy their first album....

Just ordered it. Smile
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

The Sword - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 8:23 pm

[quote="metalinmyveins
I haven't picked up their debut album YET, but I absolutely love "Gods of the Earth". They are actually packaging both albums together as a limited edition purchase. I saw this at both F.Y.E. and Best Buy. I have "Gods of Earth" on CDR, so I will be updating that soon.[/quote]

go get it now, it is a great listen. 🤘
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

The Sword - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 8:31 pm

sam wrote:
[quote="metalinmyveins
I haven't picked up their debut album YET, but I absolutely love "Gods of the Earth". They are actually packaging both albums together as a limited edition purchase. I saw this at both F.Y.E. and Best Buy. I have "Gods of Earth" on CDR, so I will be updating that soon.

go get it now, it is a great listen. 🤘[/quote]

I probably will, but everytime I go into Best Buy, I look at "The Rules of Hell" box set for Black Sabbath, and I start to salavate. Oh, what to do???
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

The Sword - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 8:36 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
sam wrote:
[quote="metalinmyveins

go get it now, it is a great listen. 🤘

I probably will, but everytime I go into Best Buy, I look at "The Rules of Hell" box set for Black Sabbath, and I start to salavate. Oh, what to do???[/quote]

I know, I have the same problem
Back to top Go down
SuprimuS
Metal student
Metal student
SuprimuS

Number of posts : 147

The Sword - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 9:48 pm

great band, very refreshing considering all of the other crap thats being put out rite now. Anyway, these guys really Jam.
Back to top Go down

The Sword - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 10:38 pm

I like the debut better, but both are great.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

The Sword - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 1:52 am

I think they're pretty good. I like their retro sound.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

The Sword - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 9:53 pm

I keep seeing the Age of Winter album in the used bin at my local Newbury and have been wondering who/ what they were all about. I think I will pick it up next trip. I have already gotten into two new bands this week (Firewind and Primal Fear), so why not make it three. Very Happy

Also, Eye, those guys are tools over at that other board. I am amazed at how personally people take it when a band they don't like makes it big or gets some props. It makes me relish all the more the tight community and overall maturity we have here at the HoM. Peace.
Back to top Go down

The Sword - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 11:05 pm

the sentinel wrote:
Also, Eye, those guys are tools over at that other board. I am amazed at how personally people take it when a band they don't like makes it big or gets some props. It makes me relish all the more the tight community and overall maturity we have here at the HoM. Peace.
Personally, I think deep down they see themselves as failures. Therefore if they trash everyone, make like they're somehow keeping it "true," then they can continue deluding themselves and avoiding what really is true. To them, anyway.

Those dudes from the Gates of Slumber trashed me over there. Funny how I can buy their latest album in mainstream retail stores like Newbury Comics, FYE and Hot Topic. Rolling Eyes Guess they've sold out.
Back to top Go down

The Sword - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 11:07 pm

Sellout or whatever, I could care less. The Sword have been one of a few surprise bands for me lately. I absolutely love them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Sword - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Sword
Page 2 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next