Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Sword

Go down 
+54
Andy
corplhicks
Runicen
bgsully
deathisgain
DeathCult
Boris2008
journeyman
Thelemech
Chairman_Smith
The_Jayroh
mr.electric39
Lari
Wurthless
chewie
Sutekh
Witchfinder
Metal Misfit
Joe
Wargod
sheets
troublemagnet
Eyesore
Hamer12
DallasBlack
Fat Freddy
MetalH
chucksteak
mez
Gilbert
thejokeriv
the sentinel
SuprimuS
metalinmyveins
manny
nevermore
IHATEGENRES
sam
Tall Tyrion
Troublezone
jstate
Stender
scottmitchell74
TheGooch
MetalGuy71
Mglaffas81
Muloc7253
SAHB Healer
brontotex
White_Mage
ThrashedOutCobra33
Thrasher73
tohostudios
candlemass
58 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

The Sword Empty
PostSubject: The Sword   The Sword Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 8:16 pm

Just found out about this band, Amazon recommendation, any fans?

http://www.myspace.com/thesword
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband

The Sword Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 8:21 pm

Some dude on he vikings message board sent me that link. I was pleasently surprised.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

The Sword Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 8:23 pm

I saw this band on The End. Listened to a few samples but wasn't sure. Anybody want to give a review?

The Sword Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 9:45 pm

Outstanding band. I reviewed their 2004 demo here:

http://www.metalreviews.com/reviews/detail.php3?id=3112

I love this band. "True" doom/stoner fans despise them, of course. If you've got time:

http://www.hellridemusic.com/forum/showthread.php?p=170037#post170037

I apologize for my language. Those guys are dicks. lol!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

The Sword Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 10:10 pm

Very good band.Age of Winters is great album.
Back to top Go down
ThrashedOutCobra33
Metal master
Metal master
ThrashedOutCobra33

Number of posts : 586

The Sword Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 10:17 pm

I only heard a few of their recent stuff and I liked most of it so ya theyre pretty awesome
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

The Sword Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 10:34 pm

Eyesore wrote:

I love this band. "True" doom/stoner fans despise them, of course. If you've got time:

http://www.hellridemusic.com/forum/showthread.php?p=170037#post170037

I apologize for my language. Those guys are dicks. lol!

I read that whole thing and I dont get why their talking bout the The Sword like they're Trivium or something I've been a fan of them since before there Age Of Winters album and remember them hardly being metioned by any of the music publications I read or hearing about them on the radio I listened to

maybe it was just me anyways I agree that those guys have the elistist mentality and think just because they know more bands than you or have more demos than you that it somehow makes them better of more of a fan than you are
Back to top Go down

The Sword Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 10:47 pm

They hate the band because they got popular quick. Simple as that. A lot of those guys are in some killer bands, but they're bands that'll sell 500 copies an album and that's it. They're bitter. Yeah, they sure as hell should sell more than 500 copies, but they equate any other band doing better than them as selling out.

It's just bitterness and ignorance. Then you've got fans of those bands posting there just stroking the egos of the rest. It's unfortunate because, like I mentioned in the thread there, what if some 15-year-old kid loves The Sword, thinks they're the greatest band ever; are they going to just crap all over that kid? Maybe The Sword will lead that kid to Black Sabbath! But no, they'll tell the kid he's worthless and deserves to die a horrible death.
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

The Sword Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 10:56 pm

Eyesore wrote:
They hate the band because they got popular quick. Simple as that. A lot of those guys are in some killer bands, but they're bands that'll sell 500 copies an album and that's it. They're bitter. Yeah, they sure as hell should sell more than 500 copies, but they equate any other band doing better than them as selling out.

It's just bitterness and ignorance. Then you've got fans of those bands posting there just stroking the egos of the rest. It's unfortunate because, like I mentioned in the thread there, what if some 15-year-old kid loves The Sword, thinks they're the greatest band ever; are they going to just crap all over that kid? Maybe The Sword will lead that kid to Black Sabbath! But no, they'll tell the kid he's worthless and deserves to die a horrible death.

Yeah I metioned that in the poser thread why do people rag on 13-15 yr old kids who are just hearing Metallica or AC/DC for being posers I mean doesn't it make sense to lead them into our world instead of rejecting them from it I mean most metalheads started out listing to "Enter Sandman" Or "Back In Black".
Back to top Go down
brontotex
brontotex

Number of posts : 446

The Sword Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 11:30 pm

Great band!
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

The Sword Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 2:36 am

Eyesore wrote:

Was that somebody from Gates of Slumber that you were having it off with there?
Anyway, yeah we've discussed The Sword quite a bit here (check search for Wolfmother or Priestess threads); and the general opinion is favorable. I like them a lot.
I admit I'm also looking forward to the new Gates of Slumber due out here May 29th, as they seem to kick ass despite having a poor attitude.
But man, I've been listening to doom since it was smurfing invented, since before those "real doom guys" were born; and I'm sure glad I have better things to do than run around trying to impress people as being a "authentic doom fan". Pathetic.
Eyesore, I feel a have a right to christen you as a doom guy, and if Trog seconds it then that's what you are.
Back to top Go down
Muloc7253
Metal student
Metal student
Muloc7253

Number of posts : 246

The Sword Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 5:32 am

I've been listening to the song Freya so much, I need to pick up their first album next time I have money.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

The Sword Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 9:21 am

White_Mage wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Yeah I metioned that in the poser thread why do people rag on 13-15 yr old kids who are just hearing Metallica or AC/DC for being posers I mean doesn't it make sense to lead them into our world instead of rejecting them from it I mean most metalheads started out listing to "Enter Sandman" Or "Back In Black".

That does not bother me - What pisses me off, is if the next artist they listen to is 50 Cent
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

The Sword Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 10:28 am

I like these guys. A guy in work gave me a copy of their new release and it's just as good, if not better than their debut. I'll be picking up a real copy soon. I am a fan.

I've heard that because they've become so popular so quick, (as Eyesore talked about) and got signed to a major label on the basis of their demo without touring or performing live, allot of people hassle/hate them because they haven't "payed their dues" or earned their recognition. Eh, whatever. The music sounds good to me.
Back to top Go down
Muloc7253
Metal student
Metal student
Muloc7253

Number of posts : 246

The Sword Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 12:55 pm

Mglaffas81 wrote:
White_Mage wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

That does not bother me - What pisses me off, is if the next artist they listen to is 50 Cent

Pray tell why that pisses you off. What difference does it make to your life, how does it effect your existance in any way, shape or form if 50 Cent is enjoyable to another individual? I can't stand his music, so freaking what? Lots of people can't stand Slayer.

A lot of metalheads must lead very frustrated and unfulfilling lives if the mere music tastes of another individual pisses them off.
Back to top Go down

The Sword Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 2:47 pm

SAHB Healer wrote:
Was that somebody from Gates of Slumber that you were having it off with there?
Yeah, a couple of those guys. Then the dude from Solstice, and a couple other turds. Just really hateful people. I feel sorry for them.

Quote :
I admit I'm also looking forward to the new Gates of Slumber due out here May 29th, as they seem to kick ass despite having a poor attitude.
Yeah, I'm definitely looking forward to it. Too bad I can't buy directly from the band. They released a limited vinyl EP or something a good while back and I tried to order it from the band. The guitarist—I think—sent me an e-mail that in so many words told me to "Fxck off and die." Haha.

Quote :
Eyesore, I feel a have a right to christen you as a doom guy, and if Trog seconds it then that's what you are.
Sweet! 🤘
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

The Sword Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 2:51 pm

Mglaffas81 wrote:
White_Mage wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

ha i never listened to 50 cent after enter sandman although i know people who now only listen to dance music whereas they only listened to iron maiden.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

The Sword Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 7:20 pm

Muloc7253 wrote:

Pray tell why that pisses you off. What difference does it make to your life, how does it effect your existance in any way, shape or form if 50 Cent is enjoyable to another individual? I can't stand his music, so freaking what? Lots of people can't stand Slayer.

A lot of metalheads must lead very frustrated and unfulfilling lives if the mere music tastes of another individual pisses them off.

As I've written before, I like to have fun with this strange phenomenon. I have a group of friends in the city (good people actually) that are really into Post Punk and Art Rock and stuff that critics tend to acclaim. I like Post Punk too, but for some reason it drives these guys just absolutely nuts that I listen to Styx and BTO as well, I mean it's almost like they are deeply offended if I listen to anything they think is passe or stupid. I have no idea why they care, but they sure do! It's pretty funny.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

The Sword Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 10:25 am

I heard Maiden, Mother & Crone the other night on Headbangers Ball. The next album I purchased was Gods Of The Earth. This is GREAT metal!!
Back to top Go down

The Sword Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 10:26 am

I love THE SWORD...no surprise, I'm sure... 🤘
Back to top Go down

The Sword Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 1:01 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
I heard Maiden, Mother & Crone the other night on Headbangers Ball. The next album I purchased was Gods Of The Earth. This is GREAT metal!!
It is. Buy the debut, too. 🤘

Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

The Sword Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 2:42 pm

I played their song on Guitar Hero!
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

The Sword Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 8:07 pm

Found Gods Of The World used and remembering this thread thought I'd better pick it up. I need to get Age Of Winters like yesterday. Gods is easily going to be in my top ten contenders for the year. I think it is cool they've gotten popular. It really does seem like good gateway music for those just getting into such things.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

The Sword Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 10:53 pm

I heard this band over the speakers at a store the other day and they're killer! A cross between - Sabbath, Metallica and Pentagram.

Last edited by Troublezone on Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

The Sword Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:57 pm

I just moved to Austin recently (middle of June) and hadn't really heard any of the local bands. So I asked one of the guys at work what the best band in town was and he practically screamed THE SWORD!!!! So I went online and listened to samples of a few songs...about 15 minutes later I was on my way to the record store. I picked up both albums on vinyl (with the free mp3 download cards inside) and listened to them back to back.

First pass through the two records I definitely liked what I heard but thought they still need to grow some in the songwriting department. After listening to them a few more times I started to really "get it" and think they're pretty damn amazing already. If they are this good this fast, I can't imagine what they'll be able to accomplish in a couple years.

I've got tickets to see them here in October with Graveyard (really looking forward to that as well) and Clutch. Have a feeling that will be a great show.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Sword Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Sword
Page 1 of 14Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next