Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Sword call it Quits.

Go down 
+6
Witchfinder
nevermore
Troublezone
James B.
scottmitchell74
John Madden
10 posters
AuthorMessage
John Madden
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
John Madden

Number of posts : 272

The Sword call it Quits. Empty
PostSubject: The Sword call it Quits.   The Sword call it Quits. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2022 7:09 pm

https://www.metalsucks.net/2022/10/20/bummer-the-sword-call-it-quits/
I feel like while this is disappointing, the quality of their albums decreased over time. Age of Winters and Gods of the Earth were true classics, but they seemed to go down hill after that. Thoughts, gentlemen?

scottmitchell74 likes this post

Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: The Sword call it Quits.   The Sword call it Quits. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2022 7:34 pm

John Madden wrote:
I feel like while this is disappointing, the quality of their albums decreased over time. Age of Winters and Gods of the Earth were true classics, but they seemed to go down hill after that. Thoughts, gentlemen?

Before I saw what you wrote I was going to write nearly the same sentiment: sad, but nothing much lost.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12618

PostSubject: Re: The Sword call it Quits.   The Sword call it Quits. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2022 10:12 am

Never heard anything they recorded, but there are tonz of hard rock/metal bands under that umbrella.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: The Sword call it Quits.   The Sword call it Quits. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2022 12:00 pm

I remember them advertised at Tower Records as a “up and coming” band. Same with Early Man.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25863

PostSubject: Re: The Sword call it Quits.   The Sword call it Quits. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2022 3:33 pm

John Madden wrote:

I agree with you.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: The Sword call it Quits.   The Sword call it Quits. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2022 8:58 am

They peaked years ago. Oh well. We'll always have Warp Riders to listen to.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: The Sword call it Quits.   The Sword call it Quits. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2022 9:09 am

Even though their last two albums weren't exactly the direction I was hoping for, I still enjoyed them. We'll see if this plan sticks, as there have been plenty of bands in the past who return. If not, they had a nice run.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25863

PostSubject: Re: The Sword call it Quits.   The Sword call it Quits. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2022 5:19 pm

Witchfinder wrote:

The Sword call it Quits. 604261
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9885

PostSubject: Re: The Sword call it Quits.   The Sword call it Quits. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2022 5:34 pm

Witchfinder wrote:

Need to check out this one.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39578

PostSubject: Re: The Sword call it Quits.   The Sword call it Quits. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2022 6:26 pm

Never heard this band so I really couldn't care less
Back to top Go down
John Madden
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
John Madden

Number of posts : 272

PostSubject: Re: The Sword call it Quits.   The Sword call it Quits. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2022 8:42 am

007 wrote:
Never heard this band so I really couldn't care less
You could say that about every band you have never listened to. I don't understand your passive aggressive statement. If you don't like me just be a man and tell me. BOOM!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39578

PostSubject: Re: The Sword call it Quits.   The Sword call it Quits. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2022 10:39 am

My statement has nothing to do with you. I know nothing of the band so it doesn't bother me that they've broken up. don\'t know
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12618

PostSubject: Re: The Sword call it Quits.   The Sword call it Quits. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2022 1:08 pm

John Madden wrote:

You could say that about every band you have never listened to. I don't understand your passive aggressive statement. If you don't like me just be a man and tell me. BOOM!

Even looking through the Hubble Space telescope, the Thermo Fisher ThemIS transmission electron microscope, or the peephole in my your door. HTF can you SEE THAT in dude's post Laughing very hard

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: The Sword call it Quits.   The Sword call it Quits. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2022 6:03 am

Well the other Sword reformed and are just releasing a new album!

https://youtu.be/f3xXhdVqUMw
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Sword call it Quits.   The Sword call it Quits. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Sword call it Quits.
Page 1 of 1