Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Sword

Go down 
+54
Andy
corplhicks
Runicen
bgsully
deathisgain
DeathCult
Boris2008
journeyman
Thelemech
Chairman_Smith
The_Jayroh
mr.electric39
Lari
Wurthless
chewie
Sutekh
Witchfinder
Metal Misfit
Joe
Wargod
sheets
troublemagnet
Eyesore
Hamer12
DallasBlack
Fat Freddy
MetalH
chucksteak
mez
Gilbert
thejokeriv
the sentinel
SuprimuS
metalinmyveins
manny
nevermore
IHATEGENRES
sam
Tall Tyrion
Troublezone
jstate
Stender
scottmitchell74
TheGooch
MetalGuy71
Mglaffas81
Muloc7253
SAHB Healer
brontotex
White_Mage
ThrashedOutCobra33
Thrasher73
tohostudios
candlemass
58 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

The Sword - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2015 1:16 pm

Here's the announcement from Blabbermouth:

THE SWORD To Release 'High Country' Album In August
Austin, Texas metal luminaries THE SWORD will release their new album, "High Country", on August 21 via Razor & Tie. Recorded in Austin, the CD was produced by Adrian Quesada and mixed by J. Robbins.

"High Country" features 15 new compositions and will be released simultaneously in CD and double vinyl formats.

In conjunction with the release of "High Country", THE SWORD will embark on a 25-show European tour. The trek begins on release day, August 21, at the Pstereo Festival in Trondheim, Norway and ends in Bristol, U.K. on September 19. The band will be touring throughout the remainder of 2015 and 2016.

Dates for the first international leg of the "High Country" tour are:

Aug. 21 - Trondheim, Norway - Pstereo Festival
Aug. 22 - Oslo, Norway - Parkteatret
Aug. 23 - Goteborg, Sweden - Sticky Fingers
Aug. 25 - Helsinki, Finland -Tavastia
Aug. 27 - Stockholm, Sweden - Debaser Strand
Aug. 28 - Malmo, Sweden - KB
Aug. 29 - Copenhagen, Denmark - Lille Vega
Aug. 30 - Hamburg, Germany - Rock Café St Pauli
Aug. 31 - Berlin, Germany - Magnet
Sep. 02 - Wien, Austria - Arena
Sep. 03 - Munich, Germany - Magnet
Sep. 04 - Milan, Italy - Legend
Sep. 05 - Salzburg, Austria - Rockhouse
Sep. 06 - Winterthur, Switzerland - Salzhaus
Sep. 07 - Stuttgart, Germany - Universum
Sep. 09 - Antwerp, Belgium - Trix Club
Sep. 10 - Tilburg, Netherlands - Extase
Sep. 11 - Cologne, Germany - Luxor
Sep. 12 - Paris, France - La Boule Noire
Sep. 14 - Nottingham, United Kingdom - Basement
Sep. 15 - Glasgow, United Kingdom - King Tuts
Sep. 16 - Manchester, United Kingdom - Academy 3
Sep. 17 - Wolverhampton, United Kingdom - Slade Rooms
Sep. 18 - London, United Kingdom - Underworld
Sep. 19 - Bristol, United Kingdom - The Thekla

THE SWORD's fourth album, "Apocryphon", sold nearly 17,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to land at position No. 17 on The Billboard 200 chart. The CD was produced and engineered by J. Robbins (CLUTCH, JAWBOX) at Magpie Cage Studios and features cover art by famed comic book artist J.H. Williams III (Batwoman, Promethea).

Asked by Radio Cannon in a 2014 interview how he feels the metal scene has evolved since THE SWORD started, the band's guitarist, Kyle Shutt, said: "It's funny, because I think when we started people reacted differently to us because the metal scene was dominated by these macho, wrestler-looking types, screaming at you, etc… And bands like that are dying out. It's becoming a lot more rock 'n' roll. And I also notice that heavy metal journalism in the last ten years is so much more positive compared to when we started. It was so negative back then. And you gotta have haters, you know what I'm saying? It's just that there used to besome serious debates about us on message boards where people would try to figure out what we did and have these crazy theories that we were like, this pre-packaged band. It was so hateful for no reason, and nowadays people are so much more accepting. I think music just got so terrible for a while and so many shitty bands got shoved down people's throats by record labels throwing money at record stations and I think people just started looking past the bullshit and are much more open-minded now, with awesome bands like GRAVEYARD and BOMBUS. Or AMERICAN SHARKS, from Austin. Just cool heavy bands getting exposure."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/the-sword-to-release-high-country-album-in-august/#QYSMEQUyRkrfGSku.99
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2015 1:16 pm

15 Tracks!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25910

PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2015 12:31 pm

This is some good news! Looking forward to it!
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2015 7:57 pm

Nice, I'll have to check that out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2015 8:33 pm

One of these days I hope they record their cover version of Parasite by Kiss, saw them perform that live and it smoked.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2015 10:22 pm

S.D. wrote:
One of these days I hope they record their cover version of Parasite by Kiss, saw them perform that live and it smoked.  

That would be awesome!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2015 10:28 pm

nevermore wrote:
S.D. wrote:

That would be awesome!

Agree
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 10:37 am

I hope this new album is better than their last one. They need to vary up the tempo from song to song. Their last album sounded like one long, plodding tune. No variation and boring. I hope they haven't peaked with Warp Riders.

And yea, a cover of 'Parasite' would be bitchin'!!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 11:14 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I hope this new album is better than their last one. They need to vary up the tempo from song to song. Their last album sounded like one long, plodding tune. No variation and boring. I hope they haven't peaked with Warp Riders.

And yea, a cover of 'Parasite' would be bitchin'!!

I enjoy all their albums, but I don't think they've topped Age of Winters yet.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 11:29 am

I think Warp Riders is their best. I like them all though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 1:02 pm

I still think some of the difference between Warp Riders and Apocryphon was losing their original drummer, who was also one of the songwriters and did a lot of the arrangements.
Back to top Go down
deathisgain
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
deathisgain

Number of posts : 285

PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 5:52 pm

S.D. wrote:
I still think some of the difference between Warp Riders and Apocryphon was losing their original drummer, who was also one of the songwriters and did a lot of the arrangements.  

I liked the last two, but have to admit that there was just something I felt was missing, and I don't listen to them as much. I loved Trivett's drumming.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathisgain.com
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 8:07 pm

I have to agree that the missing ingredient on Apocryphon was the drums. Trivett got such an amazing sound out of a minimal kit. I dig all the albums but love Gods of the Earth the most.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 8:09 pm

Oh, by the way, stoked about a new album!
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2015 1:56 pm

The title track from the new album is streaming here: http://www.theswordofficial.com/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2015 2:01 pm

Interesting, nice to hear them expanding their sound again, I was afraid they were painting themselves into a corner on the last album. A little more mid to late 70s sound on this track. Now I'm curious to hear the rest.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2015 2:06 pm

S.D. wrote:
Interesting, nice to hear them expanding their sound again, I was afraid they were painting themselves into a corner on the last album.  A little more mid to late 70s sound on this track.  Now I'm curious to hear the rest.  

Sounds good to me and I like the cover art. I think I'll preorder the vinyl like I did with Apocryphon.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2015 7:03 pm

Heavy shades of ZZ Top on that new tune.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2015 7:21 pm

I'm not sure if it's possible to have a band based in Austin Texas and not end up with some ZZ Top influence. It seems to be in the water down there...or maybe it's the BBQ sauce. Razz

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2015 8:21 pm

S.D. wrote:
I'm not sure if it's possible to have a band based in Austin Texas and not end up with some ZZ Top influence.  It seems to be in the water down there...or maybe it's the BBQ sauce.  Razz

Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2015 8:25 pm

One of the most popular venues in Austin is "Stubbs BBQ", it's a BBQ restaurant that has a big lot in the back where they built an outside stage and have concerts. That was the first place I saw The Sword.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 11:09 am

Taking the "high" in High Country to the max here...

http://www.indiemerch.com/thesword/item/35845

New tune's not bad. Looking forward to hearing some more from these guys.

PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 12:14 pm

It appears The Sword knows their target audience and is marketing accordingly. Smile
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 2:15 pm

The new tune sounds good! I'll pass on that stash bundle package. Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 10:35 pm

More pot-inspired goodies from The Sword.

The Sword - Page 10 11036540_10154047259310942_3327982418798667274_n
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Sword
Page 10 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next