Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Sword

Go down 
+54
Andy
corplhicks
Runicen
bgsully
deathisgain
DeathCult
Boris2008
journeyman
Thelemech
Chairman_Smith
The_Jayroh
mr.electric39
Lari
Wurthless
chewie
Sutekh
Witchfinder
Metal Misfit
Joe
Wargod
sheets
troublemagnet
Eyesore
Hamer12
DallasBlack
Fat Freddy
MetalH
chucksteak
mez
Gilbert
thejokeriv
the sentinel
SuprimuS
metalinmyveins
manny
nevermore
IHATEGENRES
sam
Tall Tyrion
Troublezone
jstate
Stender
scottmitchell74
TheGooch
MetalGuy71
Mglaffas81
Muloc7253
SAHB Healer
brontotex
White_Mage
ThrashedOutCobra33
Thrasher73
tohostudios
candlemass
58 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage

The Sword - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2015 12:08 pm

I really must be from another planet, yet again I find myself on the completely opposite end of the spectrum from everybody else.

Oh well, send me a postcard, I'll be over here on Dudley3247-b enjoying High Country.

Razz
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2015 12:28 pm

Nope, you're not alone. This is the second best album I've heard this year. I simply can't get enough of it. And I've never been a huge Sword fan.
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2015 12:35 pm

I was disappointed with this album when I gave it a listen on Spotify, just not my cup of tea. It is regrettable since I am a fan of the earlier albums.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2015 1:34 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
It sounds like an album full of unfinished ideas and outtakes.  I like a good chunk of the material, but I can see how most fans will be disappointed with the album.

That's exactly what it is. It sounds incomplete. "Turned to Dust" is the perfect example. How do you end a song like that? surprised
Back to top Go down
Andy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 328

PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2015 3:21 pm

i have this theorem that on an infinite timeline all metal bands eventually stop making metal albums. some reach that point sooner than later. despite this album completely turning me off, i still think the band are great and i can totally understand wanting to change shit up after writing a slew of albums in that style.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Andy618
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2015 11:21 am

I'm not digging this one right out of the box, but that could be a good thing. For me, this album seems like a slow grower (but not as slow as The Black Crowes - Warpaint album. It took me years before I finally got that album).
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2015 9:49 pm

I like it. It's a bit on the experimental side and I think the new sound fits the singer's style better than previous albums. He gets a little monotonous after a while.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2016 4:08 pm

The Sword will be releasing a stripped-down acoustic version of their last album, The High Country. This will be The Low Country, available Sept. 23rd.

The Sword - Page 13 Theswordlowcountry

I didn't think they could make that last album even more boring, but they're gonna give it a go.

Last edited by MetalGuy71 on Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammer Nazi...their/they're)
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2016 4:15 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
The Sword will be releasing a stripped-down acoustic version of their last album, The High Country. This will be The Low Country, available Sept. 23rd.

I didn't think they could make that last album even more boring, but their gonna give it a go.

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2016 10:57 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

I didn't think they could make that last album even more boring, but their gonna give it a go.

I said the same thing! Hahaha.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2016 10:16 am

Honestly, I haven't revisited High Country since it came out and I'm in no rush to do so, but I just remember being very disappointed with it. Especially since I was disappointed with the one before it too.

2 clunkers in a row and a lack-luster live performance. I think I'm done with these guys.

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2016 11:19 am

I'm a massive Sword fan, and I have no idea what they were thinking with this new one. Such a departure from their signature sound. Oh, well...
Back to top Go down
Aaron_D
Metal student
Metal student
Aaron_D

Number of posts : 207

PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2016 12:09 pm

Caught The Sword last night. They played a lot of material off the new album and the crowd seemed to enjoy it.   I was upset they didn't play Freya but they did play two other songs off Age of Winters. The singer did seem to be unenthused about performing which was also disappointing.

While I agree that High Country isn't as heavy as their prior albums, I still thought it kicked ass in it's own different way.  I like to listen to it when I'm having mellow days.

Last edited by Aaron_D on Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6338

PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2016 3:05 pm

How would you rank their albums?
Back to top Go down
Aaron_D
Metal student
Metal student
Aaron_D

PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2016 3:58 pm

Lari wrote:
How would you rank their albums?

Age of Winters, Gods of the Earth, Warp Riders, Apocryphon, High Country.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 26, 2018 12:26 am

New tune!

I dig it. Clearly these guys are changing a bit as the years pass and they smoke more weed, but I like this better than most of what was on their last album.

Although, I'll admit, I like High Country much more now than I did when it first came out. It's not bad at all.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 26, 2018 7:19 am

I stated this thread? surprised
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 26, 2018 10:02 am

It's an ok tune I guess. I'm pretty much over these guys though. I'm done buying albums that I won't listen to more than once or twice just to have it.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 26, 2018 10:07 am

That was lackluster.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 26, 2018 2:21 pm

I actually didn't mind High Country, but this sounds like a B side from that album. Lackluster or underwhelming best fits the description of this song.
Back to top Go down
deathisgain
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
deathisgain

Number of posts : 285

PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 26, 2018 9:28 pm

They are really losing me. Feel like they lost steam after Trivett left.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathisgain.com
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 26, 2018 9:50 pm

Metalguy's last 2 posts are spot on for how I feel about Sword now. I'm out.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2018 5:13 am

The songs not too bad. You guys just aren't smokin enough weed. Haha!
Back to top Go down
Aaron_D
Metal student
Metal student
Aaron_D

PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2018 8:35 am

I feel like these guys intentionally overprice their stuff. $40 wing wangs for the 2x12 vinyl?
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2018 7:48 pm

Here's the lyric video for the new track "Twilight Sunrise":

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Sword
Page 13 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next