Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Sword

Go down 
+54
Andy
corplhicks
Runicen
bgsully
deathisgain
DeathCult
Boris2008
journeyman
Thelemech
Chairman_Smith
The_Jayroh
mr.electric39
Lari
Wurthless
chewie
Sutekh
Witchfinder
Metal Misfit
Joe
Wargod
sheets
troublemagnet
Eyesore
Hamer12
DallasBlack
Fat Freddy
MetalH
chucksteak
mez
Gilbert
thejokeriv
the sentinel
SuprimuS
metalinmyveins
manny
nevermore
IHATEGENRES
sam
Tall Tyrion
Troublezone
jstate
Stender
scottmitchell74
TheGooch
MetalGuy71
Mglaffas81
Muloc7253
SAHB Healer
brontotex
White_Mage
ThrashedOutCobra33
Thrasher73
tohostudios
candlemass
58 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

The Sword - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 9:07 pm

I saw that!
Back to top Go down

The Sword - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 12:01 am

Eyesore wrote:
I saw that!

What? My reply that I deleted because I'm bored with arguing genre definitions with you? I decided it was better to talk about The Sword instead of getting into that sh*t.

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

The Sword - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 1:14 am

Jeez. Not like it was a flamewar.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

The Sword - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 9:36 am

Really though,there are some bands that just cant be defined because of a mixture of sounds they incorporate.Another example would be Early Man.
Back to top Go down

The Sword - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 10:34 am

Bands that aren't easily defined have always been my favorites.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

The Sword - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 11:29 am

Just read this. Hope it's nothing serious within the band...

Quote :

The Sword have cancelled all shows for the rest of the year, due to ‘unforeseen circumstances’.

The Texans have offered no further explanation, but to reschedule everything next year. Among the dates hit are those in the UK, which were supposed to happen from November 29 to December 12.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

The Sword - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 11:38 am

Huh. Only a few months of dates, but something's up.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

The Sword - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 11:34 am

Rumor has it that Trivett Wingo, the drummer, has left the group.

EDIT: Sad, but true...

Quote :
OCTOBER 11, 2010
Trivett Wingo Leaves The Sword, All Tour Dates Cancelled

On the heels of the cancellation of their European tour, Austin, TX’s The Sword are also regretfully canceling the remainder of their scheduled US dates due to the departure of their drummer, Trivett Wingo. The split is amicable and both Trivett and the rest of the band wish each other the best of the luck with their respective plans. The Sword are already working diligently to reschedule their European and US dates.

Trivett explains:
“It is with deep sadness that I am announcing my departure from The Sword. After nearly seven years and some of the most amazing adventures of a lifetime, I have arrived at a place where I am physically and emotionally unable to continue on as part of The Sword. If I could go any further, I would as I love the music and JD, Bryan and Kyle are people that I deeply respect, but I have reached a point where I just can’t do this anymore. I would like to thank the wonderful people who made this experience what it has been: the fans, the people that I have worked and all of the bands and musicians that have inspired me over the years. I thank you and apologize for any disappointment that this may cause anyone, not least of which The Sword.” – Trivett Wingo

Here is an official statement from The Sword:
“We wish Trivett nothing but the best, and it is with heavy hearts that we bid him farewell. He is a phenomenal musician and has been an integral part of this band’s success. He helped to lay the foundation that we will continue to build upon, and we wouldn’t be where we are without him. We wish he could continue the adventure with us, but we understand that the life of a touring musician is not for everyone. It’s been a hell of a ride, and we’re sad to see this part of the journey end. The show must go on, though, and will be back on the road as soon as humanly possible.” – JD, Kyle & Bryan

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

The Sword - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 12:25 pm

It's best to walk away now than continue doing something your heart is just not into. If he kept going just for the tour, his performance would probably suffer so this is someting that needs to be done.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

The Sword - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 1:33 pm

A real shame, because he's an amazing drummer...but I'm sure they'll find a suitable replacement and continue on.

Back to top Go down

The Sword - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 2:35 pm

"new" digital single "Hammer of Heaven" released on iTunes. It's an unreleased track from the Age of Winters album. They submitted it for the Avengers soundtrack but it wasn't chosen, so they decided to release it themselves.

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

The Sword - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 4:16 pm

S.D. wrote:
"new" digital single "Hammer of Heaven" released on iTunes. It's an unreleased track from the Age of Winters album. They submitted it for the Avengers soundtrack but it wasn't chosen, so they decided to release it themselves.

I downloaded this when they released it. I really like it. I am a sucker for The Sword though.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

The Sword - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 5:00 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
I downloaded this when they released it. I really like it. I am a sucker for The Sword though.
Same here. Not their best, but worth 99 cents. Solid tune.
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

The Sword - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 11:51 pm

Cool to have a 'new' track. Saw these guys last year at the Soundwave Festival... they were awesome live (the only bad thing was the midday slot they played!).
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25910

The Sword - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 8:28 pm

The Sword are doing a handful of dates with Red Fang leading up to their show as part of the Orion Music Fest.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

The Sword - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 2:54 pm

They're releasing a limited-to-1,000 7" of the Hammer of Heaven tune.

http://www.indiemerch.com/thesword/item/14895

You can't buy it alone, though; it comes in a bundle with a t-shirt and autographed flat. So it'll run you about $45 with S&H. =(
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

The Sword - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 2:57 pm

Eyesore wrote:
They're releasing a limited-to-1,000 7" of the Hammer of Heaven tune.

http://www.indiemerch.com/thesword/item/14895

You can't buy it alone, though; it comes in a bundle with a t-shirt and autographed flat. So it'll run you about $45 with S&H. =(

Saw that earlier today. I need to pick that up but I just wish I could get the pic disc by itself. Oh well, I need a Sword shirt so it might as well be this one.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/

The Sword - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 3:12 pm

I'll stick with the .99 cent download.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

The Sword - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 3:32 pm

I was just thinking just getting the download, but I could use a new shirt.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

The Sword - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 3:52 pm

The price is fair for what it comes with, but I don't really need a shirt or a signed flat. Yeah, they'd be cool and all, but I want the record, not the other stuff.

But I'll buy it, I imagine, since I've got everything else they've put out except their first demo (I have the second) and the limited 10" of "Fire Lances Of The Ancient Hyperzephyrians."
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

The Sword - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 8:30 pm

Eyesore wrote:
The price is fair for what it comes with, but I don't really need a shirt or a signed flat. Yeah, they'd be cool and all, but I want the record, not the other stuff.

Exactly. It'd be another shirt I don't wear much. Cool to have, but not worn often!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

The Sword - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 8:38 pm

Sutekh wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Exactly. It'd be another shirt I don't wear much. Cool to have, but not worn often!
Oh, I'd wear it. Can I fit into it, though? lol!
Back to top Go down

The Sword - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 2:50 pm

New album "Apocryphon" coming in October, here's a short blurb:

Austin's disciples of the riff find themselves a new label home at Razor & Tie and pair with producer J. Robbins (Clutch). Hipsters and Heshers should expect to be floored. "Apocryphon is a fresh start for us," states lead guitarist Kyle Shutt. "We're on a new label and have a new drummer, but musically it's a culmination of everything we've done up to this point and, to me, is a reflection of everything we've been through the last couple of years. It's gritty and mean, and I think J. Robbins really helped capture our attitude."
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25910

The Sword - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 4:23 pm

S.D. wrote:

Austin's disciples of the riff find themselves a new label home at Razor & Tie and pair with producer J. Robbins (Clutch). Hipsters and Heshers should expect to be floored. "Apocryphon is a fresh start for us," states lead guitarist Kyle Shutt. "We're on a new label and have a new drummer, but musically it's a culmination of everything we've done up to this point and, to me, is a reflection of everything we've been through the last couple of years. It's gritty and mean, and I think J. Robbins really helped capture our attitude."

Looking forward to it!
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

The Sword - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 4:23 pm

nevermore wrote:
S.D. wrote:

Looking forward to it!

Me too, I really liked their last album.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Sword - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword   The Sword - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Sword
Page 6 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next