Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Edited Music

Go down 
+9
scottmitchell74
7thSecond
DallasBlack
mc666
Tall Tyrion
XYZ
Smindas
tohostudios
MetalGuy71
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

Edited Music - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Edited Music   Edited Music - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 8:22 pm

The question of editing/censorship of music goes back to way before Wal-Mart. An example that I immediately thought of was when The Stones appeared on the Ed Sullivan show and the network censors forced them to sing the choruse of "Let's Spend the Night Together" as "Let's spend some time together". In the video footage of the show, Mick Jagger rolls his eyes several times when he sings that bit.

As to whether I have personally ever bought an edited cd, the answer is no.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Edited Music   Edited Music - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 8:30 pm

Quote :
Yes the edited version of Skid Row's Slave to the grind has a better song that replaces the laughable Get the F**k Out song, called Beggar's Day. I bought that one on purpose.

I have that! Didn't know it was edited, but I love Beggar's Day, so it's cool.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Edited Music   Edited Music - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 8:42 pm

I only bought one once on accident, and the weird thing was, it HAD a parental advisory ticker on it, go figure. It was Judas Priests Demolition, as if the album didn't suck enough in the first place, they did this irritating thing where they warped Ripper's voice on the word and made it sound like gibberish, I sold it a week later, and have never rebought the album since.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Edited Music   Edited Music - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 2:01 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
Quote :
perhaps in towns with no internet access, or US mail (you can still order from magazine ads). does such a place exist in the US?
If your argument was a solid one, why do they bother to sell cds in stores anymore?
one thing has nothing to do with the other. your original statement was "In alot of rural towns, Wal-mart is the only place you can buy music.". my argument was that there are many places to buy music. they sell cds in many places, stores, mail order catologs, internet. the argument was solid.

SAXON1500 wrote:
I am gonna ask you nicely to not get under my skin on this one Monte. Love ya like a brother, but there are certain issues that make me nuts. And you are the master.
i love you so much i'd give you a reach around.

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Edited Music   Edited Music - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 2:05 pm

spectrefate wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Thanks for all the responses, but some of you guys are overlooking the original question...

Has anyone here purposely bought an edited cd or album (metal or otherwise) for themselves?

Yes the edited version of Skid Row's Slave to the grind has a better song that replaces the laughable Get the F**k Out song, called Beggar's Day. I bought that one on purpose.

I have both versions of that CD. Oddly enough, I bought the version with "Get the F**k Out" about two years ago out of a bin of bargain priced CDs at the supermarket, of all places.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Edited Music   Edited Music - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 8:02 pm

Scrap censoring.......learn how to parent correctly......problem solved. cheers
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Edited Music   Edited Music - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 9:47 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
spectrefate wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Thanks for all the responses, but some of you guys are overlooking the original question...

Has anyone here purposely bought an edited cd or album (metal or otherwise) for themselves?

I have both versions of that CD. Oddly enough, I bought the version with "Get the F**k Out" about two years ago out of a bin of bargain priced CDs at the supermarket, of all places.

That's the version I have

For the record, I don;t buy edited CD's - it's like watching Eddie Murphy Raw on Bravo - no bleeps, but silence, whole parts of the show with now words! LOL!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Edited Music   Edited Music - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 12:06 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Quote :

I have that! Didn't know it was edited, but I love Beggar's Day, so it's cool.

I have the cd with "Get the F*&K Out" on there and used to have the other version with "Beggars' Day" on cassette tape, which I have since jettisoned.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Edited Music   Edited Music - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Edited Music
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2