Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Was there an un-edited sleeve for GNR Lies?

Go down 
+2
brokentulsa
ZombieHavoc
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

Was there an un-edited sleeve for GNR Lies? Empty
PostSubject: Was there an un-edited sleeve for GNR Lies?   Was there an un-edited sleeve for GNR Lies? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2015 12:35 pm

I'm not seeking one out, but I was just curious if there was a version of GNR Lies that did not have a black bar over the inner sleeve nudity?

I owned the original release as a kid, and in the mid to late 90s I owned a copy on vinyl that I assume was from around the original release, as vinyl repressings were not going on much at that time. And of course I've had a couple of CD copies over the years.

Never seen or heard of a non-black bar version...so...was there one?
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Was there an un-edited sleeve for GNR Lies?   Was there an un-edited sleeve for GNR Lies? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2015 1:01 pm

Yes there was..the version we have in the states is different than the imports....

http://www.gunsnflowers.com/gunsnroses4/Banned/LIESbannedgirl.htm
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Was there an un-edited sleeve for GNR Lies?   Was there an un-edited sleeve for GNR Lies? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2015 11:47 am

It's been years, but I could've sworn that my original cassette version was unedited. Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part though. Lord knows I stared at it long enough.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Was there an un-edited sleeve for GNR Lies?   Was there an un-edited sleeve for GNR Lies? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2015 9:25 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
It's been years, but I could've sworn that my original cassette version was unedited. Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part though. Lord knows I stared at it long enough.

I could swear the same thing too. lol but that cassette is long gone.

Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 605

PostSubject: Re: Was there an un-edited sleeve for GNR Lies?   Was there an un-edited sleeve for GNR Lies? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2015 1:39 pm

I was 12 years old when I got it on cassette. I remember taking a coin and trying to scratch off the black spot as if it were a scratch off lottery ticket.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Was there an un-edited sleeve for GNR Lies?   Was there an un-edited sleeve for GNR Lies? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2015 2:28 pm

Sword Of The Heretic wrote:
I was 12 years old when I got it on cassette. I remember taking a coin and trying to scratch off the black spot as if it were a scratch off lottery ticket.

Laughing very hard That's awesome!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Was there an un-edited sleeve for GNR Lies?   Was there an un-edited sleeve for GNR Lies? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Was there an un-edited sleeve for GNR Lies?
Page 1 of 1