Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Loudness Drummer Diagnosed with Cancer

Go down 
+8
White_Mage
Required Fields
mc666
nevermore
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
Thrasher73
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37652

Loudness Drummer Diagnosed with Cancer Empty
PostSubject: Loudness Drummer Diagnosed with Cancer   Loudness Drummer Diagnosed with Cancer Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 8:42 am

Well, this sucks. All Loudness fans wish him well in his fight, I'm sure.

LOUDNESS drummer diagnosed with cancer
Tue, April 15, 2008 (1:34am EDT)

Heavy metal band LOUDNESS announced on its website on Monday that 49-year-old drummer Munetaka Higuchi has been diagnosed with liver cancer. The growth was first noticed during a regular medical exam last month, and a follow-up exam last week identified it as cancer.

Higuchi is undergoing immediate treatment and will be unable to participate in the band's upcoming tour that starts on the 22nd, though he assured his fans that he will eventually return to playing. His replacement for the tour has not yet been decided.

LOUDNESS became the first Japanese heavy metal band to release an album in the U.S. during the latter half of the 1980s, and they even appeared in the Billboard Top 100.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Loudness Drummer Diagnosed with Cancer   Loudness Drummer Diagnosed with Cancer Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 8:44 am

Oh wow! That sucks!!!! I freakin' HATE cancer. The older I get, the more people I know who are getting diagnosed with this wretched disease! Mad

PostSubject: Re: Loudness Drummer Diagnosed with Cancer   Loudness Drummer Diagnosed with Cancer Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 8:53 am

AIDS was such an epidemic in the 80's and 90's but cancer seems to be rampant these days. Sad news.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Loudness Drummer Diagnosed with Cancer   Loudness Drummer Diagnosed with Cancer Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 9:04 am

Sad news.I wish him well.
Back to top Go down
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
Metal student
Metal student
Angelcake Adonisus Fox

Number of posts : 162

PostSubject: Re: Loudness Drummer Diagnosed with Cancer   Loudness Drummer Diagnosed with Cancer Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 11:06 am

spectrefate wrote:
AIDS was such an epidemic in the 80's and 90's but cancer seems to be rampant these days. Sad news.

Cancer and Autism.

Yeah, it sucks. Cancer is one of those things that's damn near universal. It can develope in anyone at anytime, with or without outside irritants (i.e. cigarettes, alcohol, asbestos, etc.).

Wish the man well.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25875

PostSubject: Re: Loudness Drummer Diagnosed with Cancer   Loudness Drummer Diagnosed with Cancer Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 12:08 pm

Terrible news! I wish him well in this fight.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Loudness Drummer Diagnosed with Cancer   Loudness Drummer Diagnosed with Cancer Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 12:09 pm

At least liver cancer is treatable. Since that is the one organ of the body that regenerates itself, you can burn out small amounts of cancer tissue. (At least that's what I have been told)

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Loudness Drummer Diagnosed with Cancer   Loudness Drummer Diagnosed with Cancer Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 12:41 pm

sad news to hear. Sad

Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28453

PostSubject: Re: Loudness Drummer Diagnosed with Cancer   Loudness Drummer Diagnosed with Cancer Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 2:53 pm

That's too bad. I hope he gets well soon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

PostSubject: Re: Loudness Drummer Diagnosed with Cancer   Loudness Drummer Diagnosed with Cancer Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 12:37 am

I wish him the best and hope he gets better soon
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Loudness Drummer Diagnosed with Cancer   Loudness Drummer Diagnosed with Cancer Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 2:40 am

Holy crawp! I love Loudness! I sure hope he gets better, which I know he will. The Japanese never let down.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Loudness Drummer Diagnosed with Cancer   Loudness Drummer Diagnosed with Cancer Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 9:37 pm

News from the Loudness camp about Munetaka Higuchi's (hopefully temporary) replacement during their' upcoming tour...

LATEST NEWS!

The King of Many Strokes Kozo Suganuma - known as "TE-KAZ-OH"!
Kozo
began playing drums at the age of eight and remarkably became a
professional session player at the age of 15. He is now a major feature
of the Japanese pop scene. After Minoru Niihara informed him of
Munetaka Higuchi's health condition, he decided to take over the
drummer role of LOUDNESS! He used to play with Ded Chaplin With Minoru;
please do give Kozo san all the support to play drums with LOUDNESS!!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Loudness Drummer Diagnosed with Cancer   Loudness Drummer Diagnosed with Cancer Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 11:11 pm

If he can fight cancer like he batters the drumkit then i think the cancer wont last long.
Back to top Go down
Skysplitter
Metal student
Metal student
Skysplitter

Number of posts : 100

PostSubject: Re: Loudness Drummer Diagnosed with Cancer   Loudness Drummer Diagnosed with Cancer Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 10:57 pm

This totally sucks. Munetaka is one of my favorite drummers. I wish him the best in his fight, hopefully he'll get better soon.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Loudness Drummer Diagnosed with Cancer   Loudness Drummer Diagnosed with Cancer Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 3:09 am

ultmetal wrote:
At least liver cancer is treatable. Since that is the one organ of the body that regenerates itself, you can burn out small amounts of cancer tissue. (At least that's what I have been told)
This is true. You can actually remove up to about half of the liver and it will regenerate, and the liver is the perfect place for RFA (Radio Frequency Ablation - basically burning away tumors) procedures because of this fact. My wife has had 3 burns in the last 8 years and 2 or 3 alcohol ablations (ethyl alcohol kills tumors - very cutting edge) for more sensitive areas near the liver capsule. Liver cancer is definitely VERY treatable and RFA has a very short recovery period and is WAY less invasive than resecting the liver.
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Loudness Drummer Diagnosed with Cancer   Loudness Drummer Diagnosed with Cancer Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 6:44 pm

Sadly, it appears that Loudness drummer Munetaka Higuchi lost his battle with cancer... I just saw this on Blabbermouth today. I shall be cranking some vintage Loudness tomorrow in tribute. R.I.P.

LOUDNESS Drummer MUNETAKA HIGUCHI Dead At 49 - Nov. 30, 2008

WeROCK City has informed BLABBERMOUTH.NET that drummer Munetaka Higuchi of veteran Japanese metallers LOUDNESS passed away today (Sunday, November 30) around 10:00 a.m. (Japan Standard Time) at a hospital in Osaka, Japan. He was 49 years old.

Higuchi was diagnosed with liver cancer (Hepatocellular Carcinoma) in April 2008. He had reportedly undergone two rounds of chemotherapy treatment and an operation to remove part of his liver.

In an October 18, 2008 statement released via the band's official web site, Munetaka wrote about his condition (translated from Japanese), "It has been half a year since I was diagnosed with liver cancer. I am really sorry that the fans are worried. The cancer has become worse despite the fact that I have been taking care of my health, and I will need more time for my treatment. [Even after undergoing the] big operation to remove half of my liver, I still need more treatment. There are various risks and dangers involved
with my condition, but I'll do my best to keep my spirits up and
maintain my physical strength to fight this illness. I know it is still
the middle of my treatment, but I just wanted inform you about my
progress since the operation. Thank you very much for all the support."

LOUDNESS utilized a session drummer — Kozo Suganuma, a member of one of the most popular fusion bands in Japan, FRAGILE, and a former member of DED CHAPLIN (featuring LOUDNESS singer Minoru Niihara) — for its "special guest" appearance at MÖTLEY CRÜE's October 26, 2008 concert at Saitama Super Arena.

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Loudness Drummer Diagnosed with Cancer   Loudness Drummer Diagnosed with Cancer Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 8:37 pm

That is sad I was a huge Loudness fan back in the 80's, in tribute tomorrow I will play "Thunder in the East" MUNETAKA HIGUCHI , R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Loudness Drummer Diagnosed with Cancer   Loudness Drummer Diagnosed with Cancer Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 8:42 pm

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Loudness Drummer Diagnosed with Cancer   Loudness Drummer Diagnosed with Cancer Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 8:53 pm

Some props for Munetaka Higuchi from Megadeth drummer Shawn Drover:

MEGADETH Drummer Comments On Passing Of LOUDNESS' MUNETAKA HIGUCHI - Nov. 30, 2008

MEGADETH's Shawn Drover has commented on the passing of LOUDNESS drummer Munetaka Higuchi, who died this morning (November 30) after a seven-month battle with liver cancer. He said, "I just found out that one of my favorite drummers passed away — Munetaka Higuchi from the band LOUDNESS. Munetaka had been diagnosed with liver cancer less than one year ago and lost his battle [today], which makes me very sad. I have been a LOUDNESS fan since 1983 and have continued to follow them throughout the years. Every time we tour Japan, I would always ask our promoter if it was possible to get in touch with the LOUDNESS guys in hopes that they may attend one of our shows. Akira [Takasaki, LOUDNESS guitarist] was rumored to swing by at one of our shows in 2005, and though it didn't happen, Glen [Drover, former MEGADETH guitarist and Shawn's brother] and I sure were excited about that possibility. This is once again a reminder to enjoy life and be thankful for what I have."

Higuchi passed away today (Sunday, November 30) around 10:00 a.m. (Japan Standard Time) at a hospital in Osaka, Japan. He was 49 years old.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Loudness Drummer Diagnosed with Cancer   Loudness Drummer Diagnosed with Cancer Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 9:12 am

More props for Higuchi-san from Frankie Banali of Quiet Riot fame:

Ex-QUIET RIOT Drummer Comments On Passing Of MUNETAKA HIGUCHI - Dec. 1, 2008

QUIET RIOT drummer Frankie Banali has issued the following statement regarding the passing of LOUDNESS drummer Munetaka Higuchi:

"My condolences to the family of Munetaka Higuchi and the members of LOUDNESS on the passing of Munetaka Higuchi-san. I had the opportunity of being interviewed by him while in Japan with QUIET RIOT in 1989 for a Japanese drum magazine. He was very kind and an excellent drummer. May he rest in peace."

Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28453

PostSubject: Re: Loudness Drummer Diagnosed with Cancer   Loudness Drummer Diagnosed with Cancer Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 1:26 pm

R.I.P.

Too bad he lost his battle, but he brought us some cool music.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Loudness Drummer Diagnosed with Cancer   Loudness Drummer Diagnosed with Cancer Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Loudness Drummer Diagnosed with Cancer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: