Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Munetaka Higuchi ( Loudness Drummer Dies RIP )

Go down 
+8
sam
the sentinel
zombiewalkin
manny
mc666
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
MetalRob331
12 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Munetaka Higuchi ( Loudness Drummer Dies RIP ) Empty
PostSubject: Munetaka Higuchi ( Loudness Drummer Dies RIP )   Munetaka Higuchi ( Loudness Drummer Dies RIP ) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 6:23 am

WeROCK City has informed BLABBERMOUTH.NET that drummer Munetaka Higuchi of veteran Japanese metallers LOUDNESS passed away today (Sunday, November 30) around 10:00 a.m. (Japan Standard Time) at a hospital in Osaka, Japan. He was 49 years old.

Higuchi
was diagnosed with liver cancer (Hepatocellular Carcinoma) in April
2008. He had reportedly undergone two rounds of chemotherapy treatment
and an operation to remove part of his liver.

In an October 18, 2008 statement released via the band's official web site, Munetaka
wrote about his condition (translated from Japanese), "It has been half
a year since I was diagnosed with liver cancer. I am really sorry that
the fans are worried. The cancer has become worse despite the fact that
I have been taking care of my health, and I will need more time for my
treatment. [Even after undergoing the] big operation to remove half of
my liver, I still need more treatment. There are various risks and
dangers involved with my condition, but I'll do my best to keep my
spirits up and maintain my physical strength to fight this illness. I
know it is still the middle of my treatment, but I just wanted inform
you about my progress since the operation. Thank you very much for all
the support."

LOUDNESS utilized a session drummer — Kozo Suganuma, a member of one of the most popular fusion bands in Japan, FRAGILE, and a former member of DED CHAPLIN (featuring LOUDNESS singer Minoru Niihara) — for its "special guest" appearance at MÖTLEY CRÜE's October 26, 2008 concert at Saitama Super Arena.

LOUDNESS recently released a four-disc DVD set entitled "The Legend Of Loudness - Live Complete Best" in Japan through Tokuma Communications.
It features footage spanning the band's entire career — from the early
1980s through 2008 — including the periods when it was fronted by Michael Vescera (YNGWIE MALMSTEEN, OBSESSION) and Masaki Yamada (EZO).
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Munetaka Higuchi ( Loudness Drummer Dies RIP )   Munetaka Higuchi ( Loudness Drummer Dies RIP ) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 8:55 am

Beat you to it, man...already posted the news in this thread:
http://www.heartofmetal.net/rip-f4/loudness-drummer-diagnosed-with-cancer-t5078.htm#184106

But either way, it's bummer news, and I will be listening to some classic Loudness today in tribute. R.I.P.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Munetaka Higuchi ( Loudness Drummer Dies RIP )   Munetaka Higuchi ( Loudness Drummer Dies RIP ) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 9:27 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Beat you to it, man...already posted the news in this thread:
http://www.heartofmetal.net/rip-f4/loudness-drummer-diagnosed-with-cancer-t5078.htm#184106

But either way, it's bummer news, and I will be listening to some classic Loudness today in tribute. R.I.P.

ahaha i type the drummers name in the search and nothing. Yes very sad news and i will be cranking me some Loudness loud...
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Munetaka Higuchi ( Loudness Drummer Dies RIP )   Munetaka Higuchi ( Loudness Drummer Dies RIP ) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 9:34 am

Bummer. CANCER SUCKS! Very sad news.

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Munetaka Higuchi ( Loudness Drummer Dies RIP )   Munetaka Higuchi ( Loudness Drummer Dies RIP ) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 9:38 am

ultmetal wrote:
CANCER SUCKS!
tell me about it. i lost my dad to it a few years back. now my mother is dying from it. it'll probably get me in the end too.

manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Munetaka Higuchi ( Loudness Drummer Dies RIP )   Munetaka Higuchi ( Loudness Drummer Dies RIP ) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 9:41 am

Cancer really sucks I lost my father to that smurfette of a disease this April.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Munetaka Higuchi ( Loudness Drummer Dies RIP )   Munetaka Higuchi ( Loudness Drummer Dies RIP ) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 9:49 am

Out of all the diseases it seems like the worst ones cant be cured.
Back to top Go down
zombiewalkin
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

Number of posts : 292

PostSubject: Re: Munetaka Higuchi ( Loudness Drummer Dies RIP )   Munetaka Higuchi ( Loudness Drummer Dies RIP ) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 12:00 pm

Sad day.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Munetaka Higuchi ( Loudness Drummer Dies RIP )   Munetaka Higuchi ( Loudness Drummer Dies RIP ) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 12:32 pm

LOUDNESS Guitarist Issues Statement On Passing Of MUNETAKA HIGUCHI - Dec. 1, 2008

LOUDNESS guitarist Akira Takasaki has issued the following statement regarding the passing of the group's drummer Munetaka Higuchi:

"Our member Munetaka Higuchi has laid down his sticks as drummer of LOUDNESS and with them he has left that mortal part for which he no longer has use. He was deceased on November 30, 2008 at 10:44 am because of liver cancer. His great drum works will remain forever with our music, and his rock spirits will be succeeded among many rock fans. Rest in peace, Munetaka."

LOUDNESS Frontman: 'It Is Still Hard To Believe That MUNETAKA Went To His Eternal Rest' - Dec. 1, 2008

LOUDNESS frontman Minoru Niihara spoke to WeROCK City director Ginger Suzuki earlier today (Monday, December 1) about the passing of the band's drummer Munetaka Higuchi.

"It is still hard to believe that Munetaka went to his eternal rest," the singer said backstage after the Tokyo concert of Minoru's new project, NISHIDERA MINORU. "It seems unreal to me so far. I will never forget all the things we shared, such as making albums, playing live, drinking together. I truly miss him."

He continued, "I had a show to perform tonight in Tokyo with my new project called NISHIDERA MINORU. It's not heavy metal but Japanese Top 40 rock, mostly from the '80s. And the opening song was a ballad. I thought I was going to cry, but I know Munetaka always used to say how much he loved my singing. Even when I got kicked out of LOUDNESS one time, he encouraged me by saying that he still loved my singing, so I decided to dedicate that song to him. I know he'd have been happy to hear my singing."

He added, "I'm going to get together with the rest of LOUDNESS members tomorrow for Munetaka's pre-funeral.

"I got emails from all over the world with many kinds words. I just wanted to thank everybody for your grateful thoughts."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Munetaka Higuchi ( Loudness Drummer Dies RIP )   Munetaka Higuchi ( Loudness Drummer Dies RIP ) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 12:45 pm

Sometimes I think that's how we will all die. Cancer really needs to be cured! Government funds need to be diverted to research funding. But that's another argument for another time. Rest in Peace, metal brother. And rest in Peace all those who have been mentioned here today. May their memories and laughter
and love live on forever!!!
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Munetaka Higuchi ( Loudness Drummer Dies RIP )   Munetaka Higuchi ( Loudness Drummer Dies RIP ) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 12:53 pm

that sucks, never much of a loudness fan but my sympathies to them anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Munetaka Higuchi ( Loudness Drummer Dies RIP )   Munetaka Higuchi ( Loudness Drummer Dies RIP ) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 1:25 pm

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Pontus
Metal student
Metal student

Number of posts : 132

PostSubject: Re: Munetaka Higuchi ( Loudness Drummer Dies RIP )   Munetaka Higuchi ( Loudness Drummer Dies RIP ) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 4:36 pm

Rest in peace, Munetaka.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Munetaka Higuchi ( Loudness Drummer Dies RIP )   Munetaka Higuchi ( Loudness Drummer Dies RIP ) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 6:52 pm

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Munetaka Higuchi ( Loudness Drummer Dies RIP )   Munetaka Higuchi ( Loudness Drummer Dies RIP ) Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 3:55 pm

Me and my friends all donned our Loudness shirts the other day, blasting some good ol' Loudness and drank shots of sake in tribute to the wonderful drummer.

I was actually really sad when I heard the news. I really like Loudness.

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Munetaka Higuchi ( Loudness Drummer Dies RIP )   Munetaka Higuchi ( Loudness Drummer Dies RIP ) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Munetaka Higuchi ( Loudness Drummer Dies RIP )
Page 1 of 1