Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Oosh...Pete Way diagnosed with cancer

Go down 
+10
nevermore
Witchfinder
manny
Thelemech
bass63
journeyman
thejokeriv
ultmetal
corplhicks
14 posters
AuthorMessage
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

Oosh...Pete Way diagnosed with cancer Empty
PostSubject: Oosh...Pete Way diagnosed with cancer   Oosh...Pete Way diagnosed with cancer Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 1:14 pm

While Vivian Campbell is now in remission, we have Pete Way suffering from prostate cancer. What is it with cancer and rock n roll heroes? Anyway, this sucks and I wish the best for him and his family.

http://eddietrunk.com/former-ufo-bassist-pete-way-diagnosed-with-prostate-cancer/
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Oosh...Pete Way diagnosed with cancer   Oosh...Pete Way diagnosed with cancer Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 1:19 pm

CANCER SUCKS!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Oosh...Pete Way diagnosed with cancer   Oosh...Pete Way diagnosed with cancer Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 2:03 pm

Ouch.... Fortunately prostate cancer is an easier one to beat (if detected early) and most men survive it..... the side effects of surviving prostate cancer is what really sucks.....

Hopefully he survives!
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Oosh...Pete Way diagnosed with cancer   Oosh...Pete Way diagnosed with cancer Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 2:19 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Ouch.... Fortunately prostate cancer is an easier one to beat (if detected early) and most men survive it..... the side effects of surviving prostate cancer is what really sucks.....

Hopefully he survives!
I always get them mixed up; relieved to hear this.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Oosh...Pete Way diagnosed with cancer   Oosh...Pete Way diagnosed with cancer Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 2:22 pm

Not good news. Hope he beats it.
Back to top Go down
bass63
Metal master
Metal master
bass63

Number of posts : 882

PostSubject: Re: Oosh...Pete Way diagnosed with cancer   Oosh...Pete Way diagnosed with cancer Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 2:31 pm

One of my major influences on my bass playing. Here's to hoping he has a speedy recovery.
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Oosh...Pete Way diagnosed with cancer   Oosh...Pete Way diagnosed with cancer Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 2:36 pm

This disease must be destroyed!

Wishing Pete a quick recovery.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Oosh...Pete Way diagnosed with cancer   Oosh...Pete Way diagnosed with cancer Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 3:38 pm

I wish him a speedy recovery, but health wise that last ten years or so have not been good for Pete Way. His lifestyle choices as a young man have begun to catch up with him and now this!!! I wish him well also.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39472

PostSubject: Re: Oosh...Pete Way diagnosed with cancer   Oosh...Pete Way diagnosed with cancer Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 4:10 pm

Hope he is able to beat it and that he has a quick recovery.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7608

PostSubject: Re: Oosh...Pete Way diagnosed with cancer   Oosh...Pete Way diagnosed with cancer Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 5:56 pm

Well damn. I hope he gets well quickly. Pete was actually a client at an old firm I worked at. We were helping him with some INS issues. He was very nice and always hooked the firm up with tickets to various shows like Def Lep etc... He was quite smitten with one of our secretaries. He was also completely unfamiliar with this invention called "deodorant."
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25801

PostSubject: Re: Oosh...Pete Way diagnosed with cancer   Oosh...Pete Way diagnosed with cancer Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 2:11 pm

Wishing him a speedy recovery.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Oosh...Pete Way diagnosed with cancer   Oosh...Pete Way diagnosed with cancer Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2016 10:31 am

Former UFO and WAYSTED bassist Pete Way has suffered a heart attack and is currently in hospital being treated by cardiologists.

His wife, Jenny Way, said in a statement: "My husband Pete Way has collapsed after a short business trip to Germany and is currently in hospital. He has had a heart attack and a blood clot has been found on his lung. Needless to say, I am in bits, but Pete is fighting like he always does. We are NOT going to lose another one. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers."

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9875

PostSubject: Re: Oosh...Pete Way diagnosed with cancer   Oosh...Pete Way diagnosed with cancer Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2016 10:55 am

Hope he recovers fast.

The disease of the century...Not spearing anyone.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3163

PostSubject: Re: Oosh...Pete Way diagnosed with cancer   Oosh...Pete Way diagnosed with cancer Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2016 7:34 pm

Not to "poke fun" at us older rockers.....'but'.......
But bowel cancer - has to be checked....be on the safe side...
They found a few polyps....with me a few years back...
You have to drink this god awful mixture....etc...
Health before wealth...
Also, smoking cigerettes is not good either...
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9875

PostSubject: Re: Oosh...Pete Way diagnosed with cancer   Oosh...Pete Way diagnosed with cancer Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2016 2:39 pm

Yes doctors have confirmed that cigarettes are a major cause for polyps. Hope he recovers fast.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Oosh...Pete Way diagnosed with cancer   Oosh...Pete Way diagnosed with cancer Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2016 6:41 pm

Some people are horrible when it comes to looking at dates in threads. Pete had cancer three years ago. He's in remission. His latest health problems come via a heart attack, which was by MetalGuy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oosh...Pete Way diagnosed with cancer   Oosh...Pete Way diagnosed with cancer Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oosh...Pete Way diagnosed with cancer
Page 1 of 1