Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Glenn Tipton diagnosed with parkinsons disease.

Go down 
+19
Dark Horseman
Boris2008
Glower
Required Fields
assault_attack
MoonChild
nevermore
Lari
zlogdan
Gilbert
Temple of Blood
MetalGuy71
Witchfinder
metalinmyveins
mikeinfla
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
Wrecked Neck
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

Glenn Tipton diagnosed with parkinsons disease.  Empty
PostSubject: Glenn Tipton diagnosed with parkinsons disease.    Glenn Tipton diagnosed with parkinsons disease.  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2018 5:56 am

JUDAS PRIEST Guitarist GLENN TIPTON Diagnosed With Parkinson's Disease
Ten years ago, JUDAS PRIEST guitarist Glenn Tipton was diagnosed with the onset of the early stages of Parkinson's disease. From then until recently, Glenn has lived his life as the great heavy metal guitar player he has always been, maintaining by his own definition a standard of quality and performance that is incredibly important.

Right now, Glenn is able to play and perform some of the PRIEST songs that are less challenging but due to the nature of Parkinson's progression, he wants to let the fans know that he won't be be touring with the band.
True to the metal spirit of "the show must go on," Glenn has requested PRIEST producer and HELL guitarist Andy Sneap to fly the flag on stage for him.

Glenn said: "I want everyone to know that it's vital that the JUDAS PRIEST tour go ahead and that I am not leaving the band — it's simply that my role has changed. I don't rule out the chance to go on stage as and when I feel able to blast out some PRIEST! So at some point in the not-too-distant future, I'm really looking forward to seeing all of our wonderful metal maniacs once again."

Tipton's PRIEST bandmates had this to say: "We have been privileged to witness Glenn's determination and steadfast commitment over the years, showing his passion and self belief through the writing, recording and performing sessions with PRIEST. He is a true metal hero!

"We are not surprised by Glenn's insistence that we complete the 'Firepower' tour and thank Andy for joining us to make Glenn's wishes become real.

"As Glenn has said, we also can't wait to have him with us at any time any place on the road. We love you, Glenn!"
Parkinson's disease is a neurodegenerative disorder, which leads to progressive deterioration of motor function due to loss of dopamine-producing brain cells. As the symptoms worsen, it gets harder to cope with everyday tasks and lead an independent life.

"Firepower" will be released on March 9 via Epic. The disc was recorded by Sneap, the band's longtime collaborator Tom Allom and engineer Mike Exeter (BLACK SABBATH). The cover artwork for "Firepower" was created by the Chilean/Italian digital artist and photographer Claudio Bergamin.

The North American leg of the "Firepower" tour will kick off on March 13 in Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania and will wrap on May 1 in San Antonio, Texas. Support on the trek will come from SAXON and BLACK STAR RIDERS

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/judas-priest-guitarist-glenn-tipton-diagnosed-with-parkinsons-disease/

Really bummed about this. Not so much that I won't get to see him on stage this coming April, but that he's got this terrible disease. Guessing this will be the end of Priest after this tour, really sad news.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Glenn Tipton diagnosed with parkinsons disease.    Glenn Tipton diagnosed with parkinsons disease.  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2018 7:11 am

Terrible news! Maybe this is the real reason Priest almost retired after the Epitaph tour...

How can it be Judas Priest without both KK Downing and Glenn Tipton?!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Glenn Tipton diagnosed with parkinsons disease.    Glenn Tipton diagnosed with parkinsons disease.  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2018 7:48 am

Terrible news. Here's hoping for the best for him.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Glenn Tipton diagnosed with parkinsons disease.    Glenn Tipton diagnosed with parkinsons disease.  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2018 8:43 am

That sucks Sad

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Glenn Tipton diagnosed with parkinsons disease.    Glenn Tipton diagnosed with parkinsons disease.  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2018 9:25 am

Could be the reason KK left as well. Maybe he thought life was a bit more important so he decided to retire.

As Troublezone said this is probably the reason they said they were going to retire but it seems Glenn was still having fun and thought "no way!". Glad he was able to continue to tour after the diagnosis. A terrible disease.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Glenn Tipton diagnosed with parkinsons disease.    Glenn Tipton diagnosed with parkinsons disease.  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2018 11:18 am

This is sad news for sure, but Glenn is making the right decision. You have to step away... With this news, I have ZERO interest in seeing the band on this tour. No K.K or Glenn, no interest.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Glenn Tipton diagnosed with parkinsons disease.    Glenn Tipton diagnosed with parkinsons disease.  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2018 11:23 am

Awful. Best wishes to him.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Glenn Tipton diagnosed with parkinsons disease.    Glenn Tipton diagnosed with parkinsons disease.  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2018 11:54 am

Awful, awful news.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Glenn Tipton diagnosed with parkinsons disease.    Glenn Tipton diagnosed with parkinsons disease.  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2018 12:37 pm

I'm so sad about this.  Glenn has had a fantastic career but frankly never got the respect he deserved as a lead guitar player.

Since when is Andy Sneap a lead guitarist on par with Tipton? I would've thought they could get a better fill-in than this.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Glenn Tipton diagnosed with parkinsons disease.    Glenn Tipton diagnosed with parkinsons disease.  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2018 12:44 pm

Wish him the best. Sad news indeed.
Back to top Go down
zlogdan
Metal novice
Metal novice
zlogdan

Number of posts : 24

PostSubject: Re: Glenn Tipton diagnosed with parkinsons disease.    Glenn Tipton diagnosed with parkinsons disease.  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2018 1:10 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Terrible news! Maybe this is the real reason Priest almost retired after the Epitaph tour...

How can it be Judas Priest without both KK Downing and Glenn Tipton?!

It is impossible IMHO. Very sad news indeed. Hope Tipton stays well!
Back to top Go down
http://zlogdan.blogspot.com
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Glenn Tipton diagnosed with parkinsons disease.    Glenn Tipton diagnosed with parkinsons disease.  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2018 2:03 pm

Terrible news. Not really the place to comment on music and touring - it's such a shocking revelation he has Parkinson's. You have to put things in perspective and he is doing the right thing by focusing on less demanding aspects of life.

Hopefully he can live a good quality life. Thank you, Glenn.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Glenn Tipton diagnosed with parkinsons disease.    Glenn Tipton diagnosed with parkinsons disease.  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2018 2:54 pm

Terrible news. I wish him all the best.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Glenn Tipton diagnosed with parkinsons disease.    Glenn Tipton diagnosed with parkinsons disease.  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2018 3:46 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
With this news, I have ZERO interest in seeing the band on this tour. No K.K or Glenn, no interest.

I don't see why not. It's still going to have great music being played very loudly. I'm going with the mindset that Fight reunited and they will be doing all Judas Priest covers. Now, if they continue on without Glenn releasing another album and tour, that's when I lose interest.

Does make me wonder how much Glenn contributed to the new album. I wonder if he played the guitar or just wrote the music. Still shocked about this news, and really sad. He is such a great musician, and seems like a cool dude.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Glenn Tipton diagnosed with parkinsons disease.    Glenn Tipton diagnosed with parkinsons disease.  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2018 3:56 pm

WTF!!!!!!! not a good news!
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: Glenn Tipton diagnosed with parkinsons disease.    Glenn Tipton diagnosed with parkinsons disease.  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2018 4:16 pm

dam! I saw Priest about 2 years ago and I thought he sounded great. Sad news.

Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Glenn Tipton diagnosed with parkinsons disease.    Glenn Tipton diagnosed with parkinsons disease.  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2018 4:53 pm

Very sad news. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Glenn Tipton diagnosed with parkinsons disease.    Glenn Tipton diagnosed with parkinsons disease.  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2018 5:07 pm

Saxon - opening - wowza ! That’s a well written article.
It doesn’t make me feel sad, but that life goes on....that type vibe..,,
And I do consider just how complex the music must be to play !
I saw them live, Nostradamus tour, and was front row.....show ended....
I just looked at the stage....hot gals in their late thirties were about.....
And here comes Glenn....walks past me....offers me a guitar pick..then chats up the chicks !
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Glenn Tipton diagnosed with parkinsons disease.    Glenn Tipton diagnosed with parkinsons disease.  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2018 5:11 pm

I'm glad he realized that he needs to step away and take care of his health. It's hard for these older life long musicians to walk away from what they love. Just like Tony Iommi, his health is more important.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Glenn Tipton diagnosed with parkinsons disease.    Glenn Tipton diagnosed with parkinsons disease.  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2018 12:52 am

Troublezone wrote:
I'm glad he realized that he needs to step away and take care of his health. It's hard for these older life long musicians to walk away from what they love. Just like Tony Iommi, his health is more important.

Is tony iommi doing ok? Did he recover from cancer or still sick?
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Glenn Tipton diagnosed with parkinsons disease.    Glenn Tipton diagnosed with parkinsons disease.  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2018 1:16 am

Really sad news hope he keeps himself as well as he can. I'm seeing Priest for the first time this summer and still really looking forward to it but Glen is the main man so now I guess it really will be the last chance I get.

I hope that Andy Sneap does the songs justice, after hearing him with Angel Witch I would have liked to hear Bill Steer with Priest.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Glenn Tipton diagnosed with parkinsons disease.    Glenn Tipton diagnosed with parkinsons disease.  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2018 4:00 am

Boris2008 wrote:
Really sad news hope he keeps himself as well as he can. I'm seeing Priest for the first time this summer and still really looking forward to it but Glen is the main man so now I guess it really will be the last chance I get.

I hope that Andy Sneap does the songs justice, after hearing him with Angel Witch I would have liked to hear Bill Steer with Priest.

Bill Steer is awesome. But to tell the truth, I wish KK would come back.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Glenn Tipton diagnosed with parkinsons disease.    Glenn Tipton diagnosed with parkinsons disease.  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2018 4:04 am

Glower wrote:
Saxon - opening - wowza ! That’s a well written article.
It doesn’t make me feel sad, but that life goes on....that type vibe..,,
And I do consider just how complex the music must be to play !
I saw them live, Nostradamus tour, and was front row.....show ended....
I just looked at the stage....hot gals in their late thirties were about.....
And here comes Glenn....walks past me....offers me a guitar pick..then chats up the chicks !

Sounds like he had his priorities straight to me lol
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Glenn Tipton diagnosed with parkinsons disease.    Glenn Tipton diagnosed with parkinsons disease.  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2018 5:52 am

Who knows. KK might step in...
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Glenn Tipton diagnosed with parkinsons disease.    Glenn Tipton diagnosed with parkinsons disease.  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2018 12:43 pm

Sad news indeed. I don't know how these guys tour into their 60's anyways, road life is hard.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Glenn Tipton diagnosed with parkinsons disease.    Glenn Tipton diagnosed with parkinsons disease.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Glenn Tipton diagnosed with parkinsons disease.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next