Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Seen any good movies?

Go down 
+47
metalinmyveins
sam
nevermore
Pontus
A Handful of Wayne
Orion Crystal Ice
Velvet Creation
martinsane
SideShowDisaSter
Metal Misfit
Troublezone
mr.electric39
Lurideath
TheGooch
QuothTheRaven
MetalH
spiritoradio
rattpoison
jstate
Thrasher73
ThrashedOutCobra33
Hamer12
kmorg
Vordul
AchrisK
MetalGuy71
TrogDawn
scottmitchell74
Shiney
XYZ
the sentinel
Stender
Fat Freddy
T-Roy
Leatherface
thejokeriv
Tall Tyrion
tohostudios
Mortuary
DeathCult
DallasBlack
mc666
MetalRob331
Required Fields
iamrockerfun
EvyMetal
51 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Seen any good movies? - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 6:25 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
spectrefate wrote:
My wife will watch SciFi channel movies all day everyday, but I can't stand those movies. I'm much too "serious" about my movies. Rolling Eyes

Our reasoning is, "watching all those bad movies helps make the good movies seem so much better" Laughing

Those "SciFi Original" movies are really, really lame. I happened to catch Komodo vs Boa (or whatever the hell it was called) and A) the snake kept retreating to the water (which land snakes don't do) and B) when the snake hit the water, the splashes it was supposed to be producing were nowhere near its CGI body.

And don't even get me started on Lake Placid 2 which killed a really fun, campy franchise.

Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 9:14 pm

Robbie the Reindeer
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 10:17 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vezZ_F05j0U

Just finished watching the slice of 70s horror cheese shown above... "Class Reunion Massacre" (a.k.a. "The Redeemer: Son of Satan"), a positively wretched attempt at combining the slasher genre with the "Omen" style "evil child" genre (both of which were very popular in the 70s). The trailer makes it look pretty interesting doesn't it? I should've just watched the trailer and skipped the rest of the movie. The only good thing about it was the Farrah Fawcett lookalike who was wearing very little for most of the film.

I have to stop buying DVDs at the dollar store!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 10:20 pm

I admire your dedication, Freddy. I would have stopped the DVD 10 minutes in and thrown it away. Smile
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 10:24 pm

I watched Transfromers, Fletch, and Brewster's Millions over the course of the last couple of days. Peace. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 10:35 pm

spectrefate wrote:
I admire your dedication, Freddy. I would have stopped the DVD 10 minutes in and thrown it away. Smile

I'm a cinematic masochist. No matter HOW BAD a movie is, I always watch it till the end. I don't think I've ever bailed on a movie. I guess on some level I'm afraid that if I do, then I'll always wonder how the film ended and it'll bug me for the rest of my life. Does that sound obsessive compulsive? I think so.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 7:37 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
spectrefate wrote:

I'm a cinematic masochist. No matter HOW BAD a movie is, I always watch it till the end. I don't think I've ever bailed on a movie. I guess on some level I'm afraid that if I do, then I'll always wonder how the film ended and it'll bug me for the rest of my life. Does that sound obsessive compulsive? I think so.

I'm with you on that. If I invest my time in a movie, no matter how bad it gets, I want to finish it. Otherwise, I'd have left after the first 30 min. of The Blair Whitch Project.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 8:43 am

DallasBlack wrote:

I'm with you on that. If I invest my time in a movie, no matter how bad it gets, I want to finish it. Otherwise, I'd have left after the first 30 min. of The Blair Whitch Project.

Funny you mention "Blair Witch"... that was another movie where I reeeeeealllllly regretted my obsessive need to sit through films all the way to the end. Laughing

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 9:53 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
spectrefate wrote:

The only movie I ever wanted to bail on was Mystic Pizza and Pretty Woman, but I was at the theater with hot girls at the time, so I did the "honorable" thing and watched both. Thus started my life long hatred of Julia Roberts movies.

I did watch X-Files:I Want To Believe last night - I thought it was pretty good, just like a "monster of the week" TV episode. It truely captured the spirit of the TV show. I can understand why it bombed at the theater, not enough blodd, guts, etc, but I liked it.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 9:56 am

thejokeriv wrote:

I did watch X-Files:I Want To Believe last night - I thought it was pretty good, just like a "monster of the week" TV episode. It truely captured the spirit of the TV show. I can understand why it bombed at the theater, not enough blodd, guts, etc, but I liked it.

I was thinking of renting that one tonight (if there are any copies left by the time I get to Blockbuster anyway)... I was a HUGE X-Files geek while the show was still on the air. Glad to hear it's closer in spirit to the "monster of the week" episodes too... I always preferred those episodes over the ones that tied into the increasingly confused "vast government conspiracy" storyline (which took FOREVER to come to its conclusion)... gimme a straight up monster story any day...

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 9:58 am

I also enjoyed the new X-Files movie, very much in tone with the original series.

Be sure to keep watching through the end credits....
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 10:00 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
spectrefate wrote:

I usually stick with a movie but I recently started one that was sooooo awful that I quit after 30 minutes. Ironically, it was called "Bleak Future". It looked and sounded like it was made by a 5th grader.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 10:21 pm

Evil Dead 2:Dead by Dawn.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 6:31 am

Hellboy - The Golden Army (first one I liked more, but this was entertaiing)

Hancock (Interesting take on the superhero)
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 7:28 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Hellboy - The Golden Army (first one I liked more, but this was entertaiing

My sentiments exactly. The first one has more staying power but The Golden Army was not bad. I'm looking forward to the third one where they're supposed to bring back Rasputin. Del Toro said he may direct again after he's done with The Hobbit.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 9:13 am

The Incredible Hulk - mich better than the first, saw this in the theater, wanted to see it again.

The Dark Knight - started watching this one again (saw it in theater too)
Back to top Go down
AngelRipper16
Metal novice
Metal novice
AngelRipper16

Number of posts : 99

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 1:10 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
The Dark Knight - started watching this one again (saw it in theater too)

I too saw that in the theater. Thought it was good, but sometimes I have this thing that when I see movies in theater I can't fully grasp it so I wait till it comes out and then I see if it's great or not... The same goes for "The Dark Knight", I guess. The story was a bit all over the place, but The Joker is so stinking cool. "Heath Ledger" is really amazing in that role. Liked "Batman Begins" so I have to give this one another try.

RECENTLY WATCHED:

"I Am Legend" - Ok, but the ending was a bit weak. Really liked the beginning until where he had to kill the dog. It had a great charm and was different from anything I've ever seen.

"Ressurecting The Champ" - Another very different movie with L. Jackson showing off some different sides of himself. The story is very simple but at the same time well thought through. And surprisingly, Hartnett even does his role justice.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 3:56 pm

Open Season ( cartoon )
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 1:22 pm

Open Season 2
Resident Evil : Degeneration
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 1:33 pm

X-Files (the new one) Not bad, not great. It was an extended show, more or less.

The Dark Knight - Pretty darn good. The Joker was great and well played. I thought Two-face was a little hokey. I don't care who you are, you're not getting out of the hospital a few days after that incident, and you're not speaking in your normal voice nor are you not infected and weeping pus everywhere. That part bothered me, but this series isn't exactly about realism. It didn't take away my entertainment value. The new chick was way more unattractive than the only moderately attractive Kate Holmes.

The Joker was creepy in that he's one of those truly crazy people who just doesn't care....about anything. How do you deal with someone like that?

Looking forward to the next one. I like the first few from the 80's/early 90's, but I much more appreciate the tone and mood of these ones.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 6:32 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
X-Files (the new one) Not bad, not great. It was an extended show, more or less.

The Dark Knight - Pretty darn good. The Joker was great and well played. I thought Two-face was a little hokey. I don't care who you are, you're not getting out of the hospital a few days after that incident, and you're not speaking in your normal voice nor are you not infected and weeping pus everywhere. That part bothered me, but this series isn't exactly about realism. It didn't take away my entertainment value. The new chick was way more unattractive than the only moderately attractive Kate Holmes.

The Joker was creepy in that he's one of those truly crazy people who just doesn't care....about anything. How do you deal with someone like that?

Looking forward to the next one. I like the first few from the 80's/early 90's, but I much more appreciate the tone and mood of these ones.

I understand that the hokeyness of Two-Face was done on purpose. This is from wikipedia an the subject:

Quote :
Nolan designed Two-Face's appearance in the film as one of the least disturbing, explaining, "When we looked at less extreme versions of it, they were too real and more horrifying. When you look at a film like Pirates of the Caribbean– something like that, there's something about a very fanciful, very detailed visual effect, that I think is more powerful and less repulsive.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 6:42 pm

I'm getting ready to watch a classic anti-Christmas movie

I finally got an unrated copy of Silent Night, Deadly Night. I saw it when it first came out and all the church groups were protesting but I really don't remember much of it except a guy in a Santa outfit toting an ax.

Perfect for my feelings about the holidays.

I also plan to watch Nightmare before Christmas and last year's remake of Black Christmas. Sure wish I had the Tales From the Darkside epidsode with The Grither to round out my Christmas horror marathon.

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 6:44 pm

Its not like someone didn't post links to the episode earlier in the thread. Smile
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 6:47 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Its not like someone didn't post links to the episode earlier in the thread. Smile

I couldn't open those.

BTW, that's on "snother board".

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 6:48 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I'm getting ready to watch a classic anti-Christmas movie

I finally got an unrated copy of Silent Night, Deadly Night. I saw it when it first came out and all the church groups were protesting but I really don't remember much of it except a guy in a Santa outfit toting an ax.

Perfect for my feelings about the holidays.

I also plan to watch Nightmare before Christmas and last year's remake of Black Christmas. Sure wish I had the Tales From the Darkside epidsode with The Grither to round out my Christmas horror marathon.

Go to Youtube, some guy has the whole series posted. Its called "Seasons Of Belief". And if I have to tell you that again, Im coming over there. :kickbutt:
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 38 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seen any good movies?
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next