Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Seen any good movies?

Go down 
+47
metalinmyveins
sam
nevermore
Pontus
A Handful of Wayne
Orion Crystal Ice
Velvet Creation
martinsane
SideShowDisaSter
Metal Misfit
Troublezone
mr.electric39
Lurideath
TheGooch
QuothTheRaven
MetalH
spiritoradio
rattpoison
jstate
Thrasher73
ThrashedOutCobra33
Hamer12
kmorg
Vordul
AchrisK
MetalGuy71
TrogDawn
scottmitchell74
Shiney
XYZ
the sentinel
Stender
Fat Freddy
T-Roy
Leatherface
thejokeriv
Tall Tyrion
tohostudios
Mortuary
DeathCult
DallasBlack
mc666
MetalRob331
Required Fields
iamrockerfun
EvyMetal
51 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

Seen any good movies? - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 10:24 pm

Yeah, I just saw Dark Knight earlier tonight. Great flick. I sort of hate how he talks as Batman, though. It also drove me mad that he spoke to Morgan Freeman's character that way...when they were alone! Haha. It's like, "Dude...he knows!"

Either way, great movie.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 11:31 pm

DeathCult wrote:
EvyMetal wrote:
I watched The Matrix last night for the first time. I didn't realize it was so science fiction almost to the point of L. Ron Hubbard material. I did like the Clint Eastwood tribute though, I'm sharp.

One of the worst movies Ive ever seen. sick

You want good Sci Fi, check out BLADE RUNNER Smile

Blade Runner is the best. crazy happy

I watched the new release of Spinal Tap yesterday. AWESOME!!

There is over 1 hour of deleted material. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 12:24 am

Eyesore wrote:
Yeah, I just saw Dark Knight earlier tonight. Great flick. I sort of hate how he talks as Batman, though. It also drove me mad that he spoke to Morgan Freeman's character that way...when they were alone! Haha. It's like, "Dude...he knows!"

That's the only thing I don't like about Bale's Batman. The voice. It's way over the top and forced sounding. I almost laughed when I first heard his "Batman voice".
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 8:27 am

Metal Misfit wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

That's the only thing I don't like about Bale's Batman. The voice. It's way over the top and forced sounding. I almost laughed when I first heard his "Batman voice".

Anything is better than Clooney, he was the worst Batman of all time sick . Give me Michael Keaton anyday.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 9:42 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Anything is better than Clooney, he was the worst Batman of all time sick . Give me Michael Keaton anyday.

Clooney sucked as batman and as bruce wayne. That movie killed the batman franchise for years because, it sucked. I do like Bale as Batman and as Bruce Wayne. He nails the chatracter. I also liked Keaton - he did a great job. Val Kilmer was OK and his movie started the downfall of the franchise.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 10:47 am

Metal Misfit wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
It was a bit ridiculous. I understand the point, though, so I didn't care much.

Last edited by Eyesore on Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 4:37 pm

The nipples really didn't help Clooney.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 9:36 pm

I saw Dark Knight today and thought it was a masterpiece, the joker was way creapier knowing Heath Ledger is a dead man. That guy definatey diserves his oscar on that one that he will unfortunately not get considering action, nonetheless super hero movies never get best picture awards or best acting awards.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 1:38 am

DeathCult wrote:

You want good Sci Fi, check out BLADE RUNNER Smile

I will definitely check out Blade Runner.

In the past few days:

Bride Of Chucky on at 4 am. So stupid.

National Treasure 2, I found this better and more believable than Indy 4

A Knight's Tale
. homage to Ledger

Today at work: the worst in the 'series': Batman & Robin
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 4:50 am

Stender wrote:
the joker was way creapier knowing Heath Ledger is a dead man..

I'm going to see it later today and I'm expecting good things but, do you think that the ONLY reason that people are praising this film so much is because of Ledgers's death. I mean he was a mediocre teen actor that starred in one movie that did well, "Brokeback Mountain". I mean his death has been their selling point on this movie for the last 7 months and I think that people kind of feel guilty if they don't praise it, especially on IMDB. I know it will even out in a few months, but right now it is the highest rated movie of all time on that website, surpassing the Godfather, Star Wars and The Good, The Bad and the Ugly. Vic Morrow and two kids were killed during the filming of Twilight Zone: The Movie(1983) and no one thinks that that is such a masterpiece of a movie. Just Curious as to what others think.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 4:51 am

Saw an old Richard Gere movie last night. Think it was called Long Way From Home or something. Pretty lame actually.

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 7:13 am

Over the weekend I watched....

Bloody Pit of Horror
&
Friday the 13th Part II
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 9:00 am

spiritoradio wrote:
Stender wrote:

I'm going to see it later today and I'm expecting good things but, do you think that the ONLY reason that people are praising this film so much is because of Ledgers's death. I mean he was a mediocre teen actor that starred in one movie that did well, "Brokeback Mountain". I mean his death has been their selling point on this movie for the last 7 months and I think that people kind of feel guilty if they don't praise it, especially on IMDB. I know it will even out in a few months, but right now it is the highest rated movie of all time on that website, surpassing the Godfather, Star Wars and The Good, The Bad and the Ugly. Vic Morrow and two kids were killed during the filming of Twilight Zone: The Movie(1983) and no one thinks that that is such a masterpiece of a movie. Just Curious as to what others think.

He is a great actor and did an awesome job in Batman - you forget that it's the same guy that played mel gibson's son in the patriot or the guy in a knight's tale. Never saw brokeback mountain and I have no desire to see it so I can't comment on his performance. He did move from teen actor to serious actor and was one of the few that had the talent to do it!
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 2:32 pm

spiritoradio wrote:
Stender wrote:

Yes, his death is definately a selling point particulary to the non-comic book oriented crowd unfortunately. Despite that though bro, the last time I saw a movie that equaled this film was Star Wars episode 3. Dark Knight is that epic in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 3:27 pm

Watched Citizen Kane last night. Good movie.
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 6:21 pm

Stender wrote:
Yes, his death is definately a selling point particulary to the non-comic book oriented crowd unfortunately. Despite that though bro, the last time I saw a movie that equaled this film was Star Wars episode 3. Dark Knight is that epic in my opinion.

I saw it and it was fantastic, not best movie of all time but it was a cinematic feat.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 6:27 pm

xyz wrote:
Watched Citizen Kane last night. Good movie.

Man, I have always meant to watch that one.

I watched Thunder Alley last night.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 12:25 am

I watched Batman Begins in prep for seeing the new one. Very good movie. I have heard the new one is excellent. Peace.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 7:09 am

The wife watched Mary Poppins last night. Yeah, I was in the same room.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 9:35 am

Quote :
I'm going to see it later today and I'm
expecting good things but, do you think that the ONLY reason that
people are praising this film so much is because of Ledgers's death.

I dunno... a new "Batman" movie would've been pretty much guaranteed to be a big hit (and crush the competition on its opening weekend) anyway. The previous Batman film was a critical and box office success and from the reviews I've read, the new one tops it, even without factoring in Heath Ledger's death...Although I'm sure the Heath Ledger thing hasn't hurt it. Nothin' sells tickets like a dead guy. Look at "The Crow." That probably would've passed unnoticed like any other B-Movie if Brandon Lee hadn't been killed during filming.

Back on topic: My son and I watched "The Simpsons Movie" on HBO last night. (2nd time for me.) A lot of the humor went over his head of course (he's only five), but the scenes of Homer getting hit in the crotch, things landing on his head, crushed between heavy objects, etc., etc. are ageless.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 11:28 pm

Post Impact.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 11:28 am

Because I forgot my MP3 player at work but I still had my DVD player, I watched:

Dodgeball
Trail Of The Pink Panther
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 1:37 pm

The Dark Knight is a great film...even without Ledger's performance. Don't get me wrong, he's incredible as The Joker, but there are so many other aspects to this film that make it successful that it's unfair to only talk about Ledger.

Eckart is brilliant as Harvey Dent, Maggie is a MAJOR acting upgrade from Katie "no talent" Holmes and Bale is simply one of the finest actors today.

You see very few films that work as both an action spectacle...and also a tragic drama with great attention to character detail. It's a magical concoction and I can't wait to see what Nolan does next.

I loved Batman Begins but this one is far superior in almost every way.
Back to top Go down
Mortuary
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Mortuary

Number of posts : 498

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 2:33 pm

Creepshow.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 3:19 pm

No, but I've seen some bad movies:

Overdrawn At The Memory Bank
Hercules Vs. The Moon Men
Pod People

All courtesy of Mystery Science Theater 3000, without which I'd claw my eyes out before watching those movies. In the Pod People there was a sequence with the commentary that made me laugh so much I actually choked on some milk I was drinking. Can't wait til I have a wider spending budget so I can get some more DVDs from this awesome show.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 21 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seen any good movies?
Page 21 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next