Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Farewell Charlton Heston

Go down 
+11
spiritoradio
Required Fields
Shiney
the sentinel
DallasBlack
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Thrasher73
exact33
Stender
XYZ
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

Farewell Charlton Heston Empty
PostSubject: Farewell Charlton Heston   Farewell Charlton Heston Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 9:00 pm

What can you say besides that he was one of the greatest actors of our time. Goodbye Moses, I mean Heston.

Farewell Charlton Heston Charlton_heston_plays_moses
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Farewell Charlton Heston   Farewell Charlton Heston Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 9:38 pm

Very great indeed, just remember, "Soilent green is people!!"
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Farewell Charlton Heston   Farewell Charlton Heston Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 10:55 pm

and dont forget he put those white spined lillies in their place on gun ownership too!!

PostSubject: Re: Farewell Charlton Heston   Farewell Charlton Heston Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 1:48 am

Yeah - see ya later. We'll keep flooding the streets with atomatic weapons for ya, jerk. Maybe we can kill some more innocent children because of your lobbyism. Hope they pryed that rifle "out of your cold dead hand".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Farewell Charlton Heston   Farewell Charlton Heston Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 6:43 am

SAXON1500 wrote:
Yeah - see ya later. We'll keep flooding the streets with atomatic weapons for ya, jerk. Maybe we can kill some more innocent children because of your lobbyism. Hope they pryed that rifle "out of your cold dead hand".

I'm glad someone else feels the same way I do about him.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Farewell Charlton Heston   Farewell Charlton Heston Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 8:58 am

guns dont kill people, husbands that come home early kill people Smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Farewell Charlton Heston   Farewell Charlton Heston Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 9:41 am

When I heard on the news that he'd died, the first thing I thought of was Charlton Heston protesting the Body Count song "Cop Killer" in front of Time Warner's headquarters. It sounded hella funny hearing him reading the lyrics. "I got this long ass knife... and your neck looks just right. Die...die... die pig die."

I was like "Hmm, that ain't one of your better performances, Moses."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Farewell Charlton Heston   Farewell Charlton Heston Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 9:57 am

"Get your hands off me, you damn dirty ape!"
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Farewell Charlton Heston   Farewell Charlton Heston Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 10:32 am

R.I.P If I owned a gun and had some time off, I'd go to a firing range and shoot off a round in your honor.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Farewell Charlton Heston   Farewell Charlton Heston Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 6:48 pm

R.I.P

By the way, moderators, we need an emoticon that symbolizes death. Just FYI
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Farewell Charlton Heston   Farewell Charlton Heston Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 6:52 pm

the sentinel wrote:
R.I.P

grim reaper too literal?
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Farewell Charlton Heston   Farewell Charlton Heston Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 8:25 pm

Not a HESTON fan for the same reason as UNC and SPEC mentioned....But

the actor...when I was 8 I saw a film called THE OMEGA MAN which changed me into the fractured, eccentric odd duck you now know...it was the nibble that began a 30 year feast of all things horror/sci-fi related...and I still eat alot today....

Hey SAX your post reminded me of that I CAN LICK ANY SONOFABITCH IN THE HOUSE song...."Dear Mr. Heston"

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Farewell Charlton Heston   Farewell Charlton Heston Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 10:24 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:

Too bad its only the criminals who use those illegal weapons. People never really picked up on the facts that where conceal-to-carry permits were legal gun violence was way down. They only listen to the idea that taking guns away from the people who legally apply for and use them and letting only those who obtain them illegally have and comitt violence with them is a good idea???

Legit gun owners who are licensed and use their firearms for hunting and sport dont go killing people. And Heston did a great job telling people the difference.

Alex

Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Farewell Charlton Heston   Farewell Charlton Heston Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 10:49 pm

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Farewell Charlton Heston   Farewell Charlton Heston Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 10:57 pm

I love(d) his acting, but him as a person...not thank you. IMO. Does anyone remember that scene in Bowling For Columbine where Moore went to talk to him at his house granted Moore's films can be a little one-sided, but it gave a very interesting look at just WHO Charlton Heston is as a person.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Farewell Charlton Heston   Farewell Charlton Heston Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 3:11 am

spiritoradio wrote:
I love(d) his acting, but him as a person...not thank you. IMO. Does anyone remember that scene in Bowling For Columbine where Moore went to talk to him at his house granted Moore's films can be a little one-sided, but it gave a very interesting look at just WHO Charlton Heston is as a person.

Why? All he did was walk out of an interview when Moore ambushed him with that ridiculous accusation. Heston was no idiot, he could see that Moore was setting him up and there was no gurarantee that Moore wouldn't edit any answer to make him look bad. Moore makes a living out of miscontruing people to support his agenda and I don't blame Heston for walking out. It certainly is no indication of who he was as a person (you can't really judge someone's character for one action-especially in his own home).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Farewell Charlton Heston   Farewell Charlton Heston Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 4:56 am

Heston was a douche, and the world is better off without him.

And, Alex, I agree with you about the RESPONSIBLE, RESPECTFUL gun owners. But there must be a reason that this country leads the world in gun deaths by 1600%. Charlie boy wasn't just an advocate for "safe gun ownership", he wanted fully automatic weapons legalized, fought against waiting periods for permits (so the government could lookup the applicants background), protested the Free Speech of a certain rapper (which is pro-censorship, no matter how you want to look at it), etc.

And Michael Moore does not do any creative editing to make people look bad. They make themselves look bad without his help. Heston could have stood there and gave a reasonable response - or at least commented on that he felt bad about the young girl. Maybe he could have had a rebuttal about how a gun saved a woman from being raped, or something. But he ran away like a good little rat backed into a corner. He can only be bold when there are 100's of like-minded people cheering him on. Get him one on one, and he shows his truly pathetic colors.

It just amazes me that evil people live so long and good people die at early ages constantly.
Back to top Go down
Vordul
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Vordul

Number of posts : 322

PostSubject: Re: Farewell Charlton Heston   Farewell Charlton Heston Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 11:11 am

:kickbutt: GOOD RIDDANCE :kickbutt:

maybe the NRA will get a taxidermist so they can put him in their LOBBY!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Farewell Charlton Heston   Farewell Charlton Heston Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 1:24 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
the sentinel wrote:
R.I.P

grim reaper too literal?

I missed it Cool
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Farewell Charlton Heston   Farewell Charlton Heston Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 1:32 pm

In all honesty, as the son of a responsible gun owner (my father owns about a dozen or so rifles/shotguns and a about 7 or 8 handguns) and I am the manager of the Hunting Department at a local sporting goods store, he did give us a bad name. For some reason, ol' Chuck thought it was the wild west from John Wayne movies or something akin to that. He could have done so much more to promote safe gun ownership, but he did not. Instead, he pandered to the lowest common element of uneducated hillbilly survivalist type that has truly espoused his "you can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead hands".
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Farewell Charlton Heston   Farewell Charlton Heston Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 7:57 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
It just amazes me that evil people live so long and good people die at early ages constantly.

Speaking from a biblical standpoint, NOBODY is good:

"There is no one who does good, not even one."-Psalm 14:3

Let me add further that there are people MUCH more evil that Heston who happen to be world leaders (President Of NRA doesn't have much national power and I don't believe Heston was that evil) who are still in rule:

Kim Jong-il
Fidel Castro
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad
Hugo Chavez
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Farewell Charlton Heston   Farewell Charlton Heston Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 10:16 pm

I think it says something about his character that he was married to the same woman for 60 some odd years.Thats quite the feat in Hollywood.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Farewell Charlton Heston   Farewell Charlton Heston Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 10:19 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
who are still in rule:
Fidel Castro

He's no longer in power.

Also none of those on your list, although all evil and good examples, are ruling in America. The gun rules this land.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Farewell Charlton Heston   Farewell Charlton Heston Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 10:20 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
SAXON1500 wrote:

Speaking from a biblical standpoint, NOBODY is good:

"There is no one who does good, not even one."-Psalm 14:3

Let me add further that there are people MUCH more evil that Heston who happen to be world leaders (President Of NRA doesn't have much national power and I don't believe Heston was that evil) who are still in rule:

Kim Jong-il
Fidel Castro
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad
Hugo Chavez

I agree
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Farewell Charlton Heston   Farewell Charlton Heston Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 10:43 pm

spectrefate wrote:
The gun rules this land.

I'm sorry but this argument just doesn't hold water with me. A gun is an object, just that. It has no mind of it's own and is niether good or evil. Good and evil is something that applies to human beings and an evil human being is no less evil with a gun than he/she is without one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Farewell Charlton Heston   Farewell Charlton Heston Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Farewell Charlton Heston
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next