Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite song from Rush- A Farewell to Kings

Go down 
+7
martinsane
tohostudios
Dark Horseman
Highway Star
metalinmyveins
nevermore
Sword Of The Heretic
11 posters

Fave tune from A Farewell to Kings
A Farewell to Kings
Favorite song from Rush- A Farewell to Kings Vote_lcap20%Favorite song from Rush- A Farewell to Kings Vote_rcap
 20% [ 3 ]
Xanadu
Favorite song from Rush- A Farewell to Kings Vote_lcap7%Favorite song from Rush- A Farewell to Kings Vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
Closer to the Heart
Favorite song from Rush- A Farewell to Kings Vote_lcap40%Favorite song from Rush- A Farewell to Kings Vote_rcap
 40% [ 6 ]
Cinderella Man
Favorite song from Rush- A Farewell to Kings Vote_lcap0%Favorite song from Rush- A Farewell to Kings Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Madrigal
Favorite song from Rush- A Farewell to Kings Vote_lcap0%Favorite song from Rush- A Farewell to Kings Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Cygnus X-1 Book One
Favorite song from Rush- A Farewell to Kings Vote_lcap33%Favorite song from Rush- A Farewell to Kings Vote_rcap
 33% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 15

AuthorMessage
Sword Of The Heretic
Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 605

Favorite song from Rush- A Farewell to Kings Empty
PostSubject: Favorite song from Rush- A Farewell to Kings   Favorite song from Rush- A Farewell to Kings Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 9:25 am

Cygnus is mine.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song from Rush- A Farewell to Kings   Favorite song from Rush- A Farewell to Kings Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 10:52 am

Closer To The Heart is my vote.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song from Rush- A Farewell to Kings   Favorite song from Rush- A Farewell to Kings Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 11:17 am

The Title track.
Back to top Go down
Highway Star
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Highway Star

Number of posts : 480

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song from Rush- A Farewell to Kings   Favorite song from Rush- A Farewell to Kings Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 6:04 pm

Closer to the Heart
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song from Rush- A Farewell to Kings   Favorite song from Rush- A Farewell to Kings Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 7:45 pm

Title track.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song from Rush- A Farewell to Kings   Favorite song from Rush- A Farewell to Kings Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 8:31 pm

Cygnus for me.

This is the album where Rush started to lose me.  I thought with "Moving Pictures" they'd returned to the style I enjoyed but that turned out to be a one-off.

This is the last Rush album I own apart from MP.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song from Rush- A Farewell to Kings   Favorite song from Rush- A Farewell to Kings Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 10:10 pm

Toho, you don't like any of their post 80's stuff? Not even like a Vapor Trails?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song from Rush- A Farewell to Kings   Favorite song from Rush- A Farewell to Kings Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 10:28 pm

Nope.  Too many synths and the music is too proggy for me.

Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song from Rush- A Farewell to Kings   Favorite song from Rush- A Farewell to Kings Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 11:47 pm

This one is quite solid and the first half of the record, well the back half too is quite tasty. A little more radio friendly on the front 9 however so for me it will be Closer TO The Heart, but, well, yep.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song from Rush- A Farewell to Kings   Favorite song from Rush- A Farewell to Kings Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2019 6:08 am

This album is relatively new to me. I grew up in a Rush home. We lived in Michigan when I was a kid and one of my older brothers had the first the albums on one album called Rush - Archives. So I was always exposed to them. Picked up Permanent Waves, Moving Pictures, etc as I got older. But somehow I missed Hemispheres and Farewell. By that time the brother that owned these was married and still in Michigan and we were in Tennessee. So I no longer had access to all his Rush albums.

When Rush reissued the catalog a few years ago on vinyl I picked up Hemispheres. I had only heard the tracks that appear on Exit. I think it is probably my favorite album now and it is cool that I was exposed to it in the 21st Century on vinyl.

So that had me wanting to track down another I was missing, Farewell. Found a used copy for about 3 bucks on eBay so I ordered it. Not the greatest (meaning the record, not the music) but I gave it a good washing in the Spin Clean and I had myself a new Rush album I had never heard. For me it is a toss up with the title track and Xanadu. I picked Xanadu for the poll. As for Closer To The Heart, I'm tired of it. by no means will I skip it when it plays (it's hard to skip tracks anyway on a record) but I worked in classic rock radio for ages so I am burned out on 90% of classic tunes like that that are played daily on radio.

Good solid album and still pretty new to me. I still haven't heard Signals either but I started to lose interest in them around the keyboard era but I enjoy Subdivisions and New World Man. I assume that album is less keyboard heavy than the next 3 releases.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song from Rush- A Farewell to Kings   Favorite song from Rush- A Farewell to Kings Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2019 8:36 am

A Farewell To Kings with Closer To The Heart right behind it.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song from Rush- A Farewell to Kings   Favorite song from Rush- A Farewell to Kings Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2019 2:14 am

I didn't vote on this? For shame. Cygnus. One of their unheard masterpieces. A great, underrated transitional album, IMO.

(shouts) HEY TOHO! Give their later material a second chance. Start with Counterparts and tell me what you think. I hope for an enjoyable experience. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sword Of The Heretic
Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 605

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song from Rush- A Farewell to Kings   Favorite song from Rush- A Farewell to Kings Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2019 9:13 am

If you want an album with no keys, pick up Vapor Trails. Just be sure to get the 2013 remixed version, because the original was mixed like Death Magnetic and the sound quality is just horrible.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song from Rush- A Farewell to Kings   Favorite song from Rush- A Farewell to Kings Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2019 10:56 pm

Cygnus X-1 Book One
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song from Rush- A Farewell to Kings   Favorite song from Rush- A Farewell to Kings Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite song from Rush- A Farewell to Kings
Page 1 of 1