Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite Metal Bassist

Go down 
+23
MoonChild
Troublezone
thejokeriv
DallasBlack
Invader
caniplaywithmadness?
romeolimagolf
kmorg
iamrockerfun
AchrisK
Olafsto
Fat Freddy
Hamer12
scottmitchell74
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
SideShowDisaSter
Lurideath
mr.electric39
mc666
Thrasher73
KissinMaiden
TH Joe
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Favorite Metal Bass Player
Cliff Burton
Favorite Metal Bassist - Page 2 Vote_lcap15%Favorite Metal Bassist - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 15% [ 7 ]
Geezer Butler
Favorite Metal Bassist - Page 2 Vote_lcap15%Favorite Metal Bassist - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 15% [ 7 ]
Joey DiMaio
Favorite Metal Bassist - Page 2 Vote_lcap2%Favorite Metal Bassist - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Steve Harris
Favorite Metal Bassist - Page 2 Vote_lcap35%Favorite Metal Bassist - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 35% [ 17 ]
Lemmy Kilmister
Favorite Metal Bassist - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%Favorite Metal Bassist - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 6% [ 3 ]
John Myung
Favorite Metal Bassist - Page 2 Vote_lcap2%Favorite Metal Bassist - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Jason Newsted
Favorite Metal Bassist - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Favorite Metal Bassist - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Steve Rowe
 2% [ 1 ]
DD Verni
Favorite Metal Bassist - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%Favorite Metal Bassist - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 6% [ 3 ]
Someone else
Favorite Metal Bassist - Page 2 Vote_lcap17%Favorite Metal Bassist - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 17% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 48

AuthorMessage
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

Favorite Metal Bassist - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metal Bassist   Favorite Metal Bassist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2007 4:01 pm

personally i fink cliff burton is overrated basically down to the fact that you can't even hear him 99% of the time. when you can, you mistake him for a guitar. at least i do.... scratch
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metal Bassist   Favorite Metal Bassist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2007 12:37 am

You guys should add Gene Simmons to the list Razz
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metal Bassist   Favorite Metal Bassist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2007 12:53 am

KissinMaiden wrote:
You guys should add Gene Simmons to the list Razz
lol to quote Anthrax... NOT

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metal Bassist   Favorite Metal Bassist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 7:32 pm

Steve Harris...Iron Maiden...nuff said!!!!

And don't knock Steve Rowe, great bassist and an even greater Christian man!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metal Bassist   Favorite Metal Bassist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 8:56 pm

Cliff Burton and after Lemmy
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metal Bassist   Favorite Metal Bassist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 9:55 pm

Steve Harris

Cliff as second
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metal Bassist   Favorite Metal Bassist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 8:17 am

I vote for Tony Bono (WHIPLASH)
R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metal Bassist   Favorite Metal Bassist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 10:00 am

Greg Christian or Cliff Burton
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metal Bassist   Favorite Metal Bassist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 10:02 am

I also like Jason Ward from Flotsam and Jetsam.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metal Bassist   Favorite Metal Bassist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 10:02 am

Steve Harris for his ability, 2nd is DD Verni for his influence on thrash bassists
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metal Bassist   Favorite Metal Bassist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 10:38 am

Steve Harris, another bassist worth mention is Billy Sheehan (I know he is not into metal, but......)

And Geezer Butler is awesome too! So is Joey DiMaio
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metal Bassist   Favorite Metal Bassist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 12:59 pm

I voted Cliff, but I was honestly expecting Geezer to come a bit higher
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metal Bassist   Favorite Metal Bassist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 11:36 pm

I like frank bello and greg christian 🤘
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metal Bassist   Favorite Metal Bassist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 12:58 am

Favorite Metal Bassist - Page 2 414176706_f00629c837_o
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metal Bassist   Favorite Metal Bassist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 1:00 am

Favorite Metal Bassist - Page 2 Derek-smalls - Cripes! Even *I* voted for Geezer, you 'tards!
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metal Bassist   Favorite Metal Bassist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 1:01 am

Favorite Metal Bassist - Page 2 Cliff%20Burton - Me too. It's Geezer or DIE!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metal Bassist   Favorite Metal Bassist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 2:58 am

Joey DiMaio. Hands down. His bass playing is INSANE!!!

Second I'd go with Steve Rowe.

I actually think because he's in the 'Christian' scene - that makes him not seem as 'cool' so he is underrated. He's quite good.

A few more faves:

Michael Bloodgood
Geddy Lee
Nikki Sixx
Doug Pinnick
Jason Newsted
Geezer Butler

and one of the best bass players of all time -

Tom Angelripper!!!

🤘
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metal Bassist   Favorite Metal Bassist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 3:25 am

Lurideath wrote:
Quote :
Whoever laughed at the suggestion of Steve Rowe must not be listening very closely

Show me something he has done thats good and I may change my mind. I just think the guy is a joke!

His playing on Scrolls of the Megilloth is good. If you are judging him based on his personal conviction and not his bass playing ability, that's another story.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metal Bassist   Favorite Metal Bassist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 11:08 am

I went with Steve Harris. Geezer Butler and Cliff Burton would be my 2nd and 3rd place votes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metal Bassist   Favorite Metal Bassist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 12:40 pm

GrandNational wrote:
Lurideath wrote:
Quote :
Whoever laughed at the suggestion of Steve Rowe must not be listening very closely

Show me something he has done thats good and I may change my mind. I just think the guy is a joke!

His playing on Scrolls of the Megilloth is good. If you are judging him based on his personal conviction and not his bass playing ability, that's another story.

Yeah, I think a lot of people are prejudice against Steve because of his extreme 'Christian, Jesus metal' stance. Judging his bass playing alone - anyone is crazy to not thing the guy is good. Just listen to "Flight of the Warrior" for crying out freekin' loud.

insane
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metal Bassist   Favorite Metal Bassist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 12:42 pm

STEVE HARRIS!
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metal Bassist   Favorite Metal Bassist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 1:32 pm

blackieboy wrote:
GrandNational wrote:
Lurideath wrote:
Quote :

Yeah, I think a lot of people are prejudice against Steve because of his extreme 'Christian, Jesus metal' stance. Judging his bass playing alone - anyone is crazy to not thing the guy is good. Just listen to "Flight of the Warrior" for crying out freekin' loud.

insane

I listened to The Silver Cord is Severed last night with my headphones and the guys style is so distinct you can't deny his ability.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metal Bassist   Favorite Metal Bassist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 1:46 pm

GrandNational wrote:
blackieboy wrote:
GrandNational wrote:
Lurideath wrote:
Quote :

insane

I listened to The Silver Cord is Severed last night with my headphones and the guys style is so distinct you can't deny his ability.

On EnVision EvAngelene you can also hear his great bass playing skills.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metal Bassist   Favorite Metal Bassist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 2:08 pm

GEEZER BUTLER!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metal Bassist   Favorite Metal Bassist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 2:11 pm

TrogDawn wrote:
Favorite Metal Bassist - Page 2 Cliff%20Burton - Me too. It's Geezer or DIE!!!

Lol, one of the best Cliff pics ever.
yeah you're right Cliff probably would've voted Geezer too
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metal Bassist   Favorite Metal Bassist - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Metal Bassist
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2