Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Your Favorite Metal EP

Go down 
+25
Glenn Rogers
Leatherface
adrian
Joe
Orion Crystal Ice
ZombieHavoc
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
MetalGuy71
Lazlo Toth
Eyesore
nevermore
metalhead777
ultmetal
Troublezone
thejokeriv
mc666
BearOnUnicycle
jettafiend
Temple of Blood
Fat Freddy
Wurthless
jstate
James B.
Witchfinder
29 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

Your Favorite Metal EP Empty
PostSubject: Your Favorite Metal EP   Your Favorite Metal EP Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 11:40 am

Okay folks, tell me what your favorite Metal EP is. The one EP for that desert island for all eternity. Here are the rules:

1. Pick ONE and ONE only. I don't want a list of 10 million sub-genres with an EP for each. I know how you guys operate. Very Happy
2. Your choice has to have been sold as, or generally considered an EP. I don't want you to tell me that Rainbow's Rising is your favorite EP because it's so short. No!

I am making this topic because I love EPs and the recent Down EP release got me thinking about them.

So have at it!!
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Metal EP   Your Favorite Metal EP Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 11:44 am

My choice is this:

Breaker - Accept

That's the band Breaker from Ohio with their 1999 6 track (with one hidden track) EP. It's a great sampler of their Euro-sounding traditional metal.

Here's the song "Still Life" that is featured on the EP.

It also features their all-time classic, "10 Seconds In."

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Metal EP   Your Favorite Metal EP Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 12:20 pm

RIOT - "Riot Live" (1983 Elektra EP)

The first RIOT I ever heard and still my favorite. The Rhett Forrester lineup in all their glory, the versions of these songs on Restless Breed don't even come within a hundred miles of being this ass kicking.

The guitar/harmonica section in Loved By You is epic...

This video is from the same concert as the EP...

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Metal EP   Your Favorite Metal EP Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 12:27 pm

Sacred Reich-Surf Nicaragua

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Metal EP   Your Favorite Metal EP Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 1:09 pm

Nuclear Assault - Fight To Be Free/Brain Death

Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Metal EP   Your Favorite Metal EP Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 3:31 pm

Sortilège -- Self-Titled EP -- 1983

I dare you to listen through this EP one time without your jaw dropping. In my opinion, Sortilège's EP and 2 full lengths rival just about any metal album released in the 80's. You could make comparisons to Queensryche's first EP here, but I think the material contained here destroys QR's debut. (And that's coming from a huge Ryche fan).

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Metal EP   Your Favorite Metal EP Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 3:35 pm

Queensryche - EP

Cuz it's got "Queen of the Reich" on it.

Nuff said.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Metal EP   Your Favorite Metal EP Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 4:31 pm

Yeah, that QUEENSRYCHE EP is hard to beat.

Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Metal EP   Your Favorite Metal EP Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 4:35 pm

Stryper - The Roxx Regime Demo's

I am not sure of this short album is considered an E.P. but it contains my all time favorite metal song - Com'on Rock. I love the rough version on this E.P. because it is a raw mix that gives it some serious balls.

Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Metal EP   Your Favorite Metal EP Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 4:52 pm

This song alone beats everything represented in this thread Razz Add 5 more killer tracks and you've got a perfect EP. Probably my favorite Lethal album.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Metal EP   Your Favorite Metal EP Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 4:56 pm

Since when does "favorite" always mean "best" surprised

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Metal EP   Your Favorite Metal EP Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 5:29 pm

Napalm Death - The Peel Sessions (1987)

Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Metal EP   Your Favorite Metal EP Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 5:37 pm

S.D. wrote:
RIOT - "Riot Live" (1983 Elektra EP)

The first RIOT I ever heard and still my favorite. The Rhett Forrester lineup in all their glory, the versions of these songs on Restless Breed don't even come within a hundred miles of being this ass kicking.

As we have talked about before, that is a damn fine EP. Great choice!
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Metal EP   Your Favorite Metal EP Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 5:38 pm

Wurthless wrote:
Sortilège -- Self-Titled EP -- 1983

I dare you to listen through this EP one time without your jaw dropping. In my opinion, Sortilège's EP and 2 full lengths rival just about any metal album released in the 80's. You could make comparisons to Queensryche's first EP here, but I think the material contained here destroys QR's debut. (And that's coming from a huge Ryche fan).

Love it! I may enjoy the English versions more, but the music is superb. \'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Metal EP   Your Favorite Metal EP Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 5:40 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Queensryche - EP

Cuz it's got "Queen of the Reich" on it.

Nuff said.

I am going to have to agree with you on that one!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Metal EP   Your Favorite Metal EP Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 5:46 pm

Suicidal Tendencies - Controlled By Hatred / Feel Like Sh*t... Deja Vu
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Metal EP   Your Favorite Metal EP Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 6:11 pm

Queensryche is the first one that came to mind. Second might be Accuser - Confusion Romance. I listen to both fairly regularly.

Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Metal EP   Your Favorite Metal EP Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 6:34 pm

Since its really the only EP I've listened to in recent years.
This Is The War by Vader.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Metal EP   Your Favorite Metal EP Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 7:15 pm

Raven - Mad

This ep is great from start to finish. A nice return to form after the awful The Pack Is Back.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Metal EP   Your Favorite Metal EP Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 1:40 am

Impossible to answer, I think.

But the only two that instantly came to mind were Metallica's Garage Days Re-Revisted and Devin Townsend's Christine EP. Do I like one more than the other? No idea, but if I had to pick a favorite of the two, it'd be the Christine EP. It's got four so-called demos, and three of them are three of my favorite Devin Townsend songs.

Dude's demos make most band's albums sound like basement recordings.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Metal EP   Your Favorite Metal EP Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 8:45 am

Reverend - EP

One of the best ever !

Watch that last song,the video is 9 minutes long but the song is roughly 4:30 minutes long
Back to top Go down
Lazlo Toth
Metal novice
Metal novice
Lazlo Toth

Number of posts : 25

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Metal EP   Your Favorite Metal EP Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 9:38 am

Maiden Japan?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Metal EP   Your Favorite Metal EP Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 9:44 am

Anthrax's I'm the Man always got lots of spins from me. I don't have allot of stand-alone ep's.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Metal EP   Your Favorite Metal EP Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 10:42 am

Lazlo Toth wrote:
Maiden Japan?

That was my favorite at one time.....untill Queensryhce came out.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Metal EP   Your Favorite Metal EP Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 11:21 am

The Reverend EP is a good choice as well.

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Metal EP   Your Favorite Metal EP Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your Favorite Metal EP
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next