Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rebellion / Gun Barrel, 20.03.08 Montabaur (Camelot)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

Rebellion / Gun Barrel, 20.03.08 Montabaur (Camelot) Empty
PostSubject: Rebellion / Gun Barrel, 20.03.08 Montabaur (Camelot)   Rebellion / Gun Barrel, 20.03.08 Montabaur (Camelot) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 2:41 pm

This was a night that I was waiting for a long time. Just around the corner in a pub where I usually have some beers played Rebellion and Gun Barrel. In this pub the space is limited. But there were only about 50 people there and the atmosphere was very good and cool. Beside Rebellion and Gun Barrel there was also the bands The Wicked Chambers (from Koblenz) and Solar Fragment (from Dortmund) announced.

The first band that played were The Wicket Chambers, a youngster band. They are talented but they still have some space for improvement. The vocals started not bad, but became more and more boring, because the range was very limited and especially the high tones caused some troubles.

After a short break, Solar Fragment started. They were more professional than the first band. Here it was opposite than with the first band, it took me some time to get into the vocals. But the more and more that I listened, the more I liked it.

Then Gun Barrel played, this was the first highlight. I was interested in the band long before and heard several songs but never an entire album. They were even better than expected. They played a good traditional Heavy Metal and did a very professional show and integrated the audience well. They are very funny guys and made a lot of jokes. They had a clear sound and the few songs that I recognized were as good as the ones that were new for me. I bought their album “Bombard Your Soul” and got it signed by the band members. I really can’t wait for their new album “Outlaw Invasion” that will be released 11th April here in Germany.

Rebellion did a super show, they played titles form all four albums. The sound was perfect and the stage acting was amazing. I was standing directly in front of the really small stage. I was most of the time closer than one meter away form Michael Seifert and Tomi Göttlich. I was feeling the sweat drops of Michael falling on me. Tomi was jumping insane on the stage, whereas Uwe Lulis and Simone Wenzel where acting a little bit more reserved at both sides of the stage. The audience was only a small amount, but they where marvellous. The band honoured that with the show and Michael and Tomi left the stage several times and continued the songs from inside the audience. They started the encore with “Rebellion (The Clans are marching)”, because the audience was singing along this Grave Digger hymn until they where back on stage again.

It was a perfect evening. I never thought before that I will be able to see Rebellion in such a cool atmosphere. I snagged also a copy of the album “Myklagard” signed by the band, and they gave willingly autographs to my sons and chatted with them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rebellion / Gun Barrel, 20.03.08 Montabaur (Camelot)   Rebellion / Gun Barrel, 20.03.08 Montabaur (Camelot) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 6:38 pm

Sounds like you had a great time, yes I always found Tomi to be wild mad Bastard onstage and always has a smile on his face.

As for Gun Barrel, how does Xavier handle the Songs from the first two CDs ? I do Love "Straight Down to Hell" & "Back to Suicide" did they play them ?

nice review there Ghost.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: Rebellion / Gun Barrel, 20.03.08 Montabaur (Camelot)   Rebellion / Gun Barrel, 20.03.08 Montabaur (Camelot) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 5:11 am

Thank you that you like my review and yes I had a great time 🤘

Xavier did the vocals very good. I can't compare with the former singer, because I don't know him and I haven't any albums with him yet. They played Back to Suicide that I remember was great. I'm not sure if they played Straight Down to Hell, but I think that they did.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rebellion / Gun Barrel, 20.03.08 Montabaur (Camelot)   Rebellion / Gun Barrel, 20.03.08 Montabaur (Camelot) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rebellion / Gun Barrel, 20.03.08 Montabaur (Camelot)
Page 1 of 1