Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sacred Warrior-Rebellion

Go down 
+18
Alaskan Metalhead
Thrasher73
Orion Crystal Ice
FlyingV
TH Joe
JBall_Z
ryanmetalman
James B.
metalheaded
thejokeriv
Gilbert
Sutekh
kmorg
stepcousin
shamgar75
Fat Freddy
stevegarveyfan
Jesusandmetal23
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

Sacred Warrior-Rebellion Empty
PostSubject: Sacred Warrior-Rebellion   Sacred Warrior-Rebellion Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 9:22 pm

The often overlooked Sacred Warrior gem. People say it isnt developed, but IMO this is their heaviest, most raw, and most powerful album. The vocals are amazing. I think kmorg will agree with me here.
Back to top Go down
stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Warrior-Rebellion   Sacred Warrior-Rebellion Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 10:11 pm

Heck, I agree that this is a fantastic album.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Warrior-Rebellion   Sacred Warrior-Rebellion Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 10:13 pm

MASTER'S COMMAND seems to get most of the love from S.W. fans but I prefer REBELLION and/or WICKED GENERATION.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Warrior-Rebellion   Sacred Warrior-Rebellion Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 10:21 pm

I love this album - my favorite of theirs by far. It just rocks. The first Sacred Warrior song I ever heard was on Heavens Metal's 2 cassette anthology: Children of the Light. I loved that song the first time I heard it - it rocked hard with some great vocals. It was short and sweet. I was listening to Obsessions the other day; it was more mellow compared to Rebellion. Long live Sacred Warrior! BTW, aren't they performing tonight?

Sacred Warrior-Rebellion Icon_smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Warrior-Rebellion   Sacred Warrior-Rebellion Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 11:50 pm

Great album and I agree it had a more raw sound.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Warrior-Rebellion   Sacred Warrior-Rebellion Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 2:34 am

I cant pick a favorite, but WG might be it. I cant pick a least fave either.

So no love for Obsessions? One truly great album.

All 4 of their albums fit together nicely and have a very similar sound, no real dissapointments but also no real evolution or development in musicianship either. But sometimes that is a good thing.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Warrior-Rebellion   Sacred Warrior-Rebellion Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 4:23 am

Jesusandmetal23 wrote:
The often overlooked Sacred Warrior gem. People say it isnt developed, but IMO this is their heaviest, most raw, and most powerful album. The vocals are amazing. I think kmorg will agree with me here.

Yes, I agree. I vary between this one and Wicked Generation is what my favorite SW disc is. I lov the emotions on both of these albums. Usually I tend to prefer the first album I ever hear from a band, and in this instance that would be Master's Command. But Rebellion is a far better album, imo.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Warrior-Rebellion   Sacred Warrior-Rebellion Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 6:41 am

Rebellion has a rawness and an attitude that subsequent releases lack. The mysuc is more straightforward on Rebellion than on Master's Command, which was more technical and polished. Both great albums, your favourite being dependent on whuch approach you prefer. But then, Wicked Generation tackles a 'concept' effectively, and Obsessions is possibly my favourite album. Each album delivers in a slightly different way. The lyrics on all are impressive, with some being especially personal and affecting for me.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Warrior-Rebellion   Sacred Warrior-Rebellion Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 7:14 am

Great album indeed Sacred Warrior-Rebellion 11840
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Warrior-Rebellion   Sacred Warrior-Rebellion Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 9:17 am

GREAT album!!!! I personal feel Master's Command was a step down from Rebellion and their worst album. WG is their best and Obessions is also great. The first one is excellent!!!!
Back to top Go down
metalheaded
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
metalheaded

Number of posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Warrior-Rebellion   Sacred Warrior-Rebellion Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 3:43 pm

Yes, an excellent album. Just jammed it the other day, in fact!

For those who don't have their stuff, or have never heard them and would like to check them out, the band is offering all 4 of their albums for FREE on their website here:

Sacred Warrior downloads

Be aware, however, that all the songs on each album are out of their original orders...so if you care about that kind of stuff, get the original song order from metal archives, or something, and change the track numbers after you've downloaded them.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12630

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Warrior-Rebellion   Sacred Warrior-Rebellion Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 9:35 pm

I saw them one time and that was just after they released "Rebellion". It is my favorite.

Laterz

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ryanmetalman

Number of posts : 274

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Warrior-Rebellion   Sacred Warrior-Rebellion Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 12:49 am

I totally love Rebellion.
I like every thing they've done, but I feel "Master's Command" is overrated.

It is hard for me to choose between Rebellion, Wicked Generation, and Obsessions. They have all spent time as a favorite of mine. I think I am most fond of Wicked Generation. I actually had Master's Command and almost didn't get Wicked since I didn't care for the former.

Rebellion was the final album I got from them, since it was the hardest to find. (I coveted this album for many years before finding it.) It was listed as a reissue somewhere, but the packaging appears to be all original and has the Intense Records label on it. There is no hint that it is a more recent pressing.
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Warrior-Rebellion   Sacred Warrior-Rebellion Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 1:55 pm

Excellent CD. I think my two favorite songs from this one are the title track and Sword of Victory...

"If you fight for me, there'll be victory
And a crown when you get home."

I love that.
Back to top Go down
TH Joe
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
TH Joe

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Warrior-Rebellion   Sacred Warrior-Rebellion Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 2:10 pm

I love all their albums. Rebellion is an awesome recording. Sacred Warrior-Rebellion 11840
Back to top Go down
FlyingV
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
FlyingV

Number of posts : 270

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Warrior-Rebellion   Sacred Warrior-Rebellion Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 2:14 pm

Rebellion is my favorite Sacred Warrior CD. I saw them on that tour with REZ band back in late 1988.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Warrior-Rebellion   Sacred Warrior-Rebellion Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 6:25 pm

I think 'Rebellion' is their best too. No awkward stuff like on 'Master's Command' where the chorus melody would come out of nowhere having to do with the rest of the song. Though that one still has some great songs. 'Rebellion' is just excellent traditional/old school power metal all the way through. Except 'Black Metal' ..WTF? and 'He Died'.. (I appreciate the sentiment, but gag. ) Bruce Swift, player of one of the coolest lead tones around. Probably my favorite overall tone for solos along with Thilo Hermann and Dave Murray.
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Warrior-Rebellion   Sacred Warrior-Rebellion Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 8:23 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
I think 'Rebellion' is their best too. No awkward stuff like on 'Master's Command' where the chorus melody would come out of nowhere having to do with the rest of the song. Though that one still has some great songs. 'Rebellion' is just excellent traditional/old school power metal all the way through. Except 'Black Metal' ..WTF? and 'He Died'.. (I appreciate the sentiment, but gag. ) Bruce Swift, player of one of the coolest lead tones around. Probably my favorite overall tone for solos along with Thilo Hermann and Dave Murray.

Black Metal and He Died are the best vocal performances on the album, and two great tunes IMO. Black Metal is actually one of my favorite tracks from the disc.
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Warrior-Rebellion   Sacred Warrior-Rebellion Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 11:00 pm

JBall_Z wrote:
Excellent CD. I think my two favorite songs from this one are the title track and Sword of Victory...

I love that.

Sword of Victory is a great track. Interestingly, when I bought the album on vinyl in 1990, it was listed on, but absent from, the Australian pressing. it wasn't until I managed to get the CD in about 1996 that I got to hear the track!
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Warrior-Rebellion   Sacred Warrior-Rebellion Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 1:39 pm

Sutekh wrote:
JBall_Z wrote:

I love that.

Sword of Victory is a great track. Interestingly, when I bought the album on vinyl in 1990, it was listed on, but absent from, the Australian pressing. it wasn't until I managed to get the CD in about 1996 that I got to hear the track!

That is interesting. I've only owned the CD. I wonder if it was absent from the U.S. vinyl as well. Maybe it was a matter of space.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Warrior-Rebellion   Sacred Warrior-Rebellion Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 3:35 pm

Rebellion is my favorite with Obsessions being second.
Back to top Go down
Alaskan Metalhead
Metal novice
Metal novice
Alaskan Metalhead

Number of posts : 35

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Warrior-Rebellion   Sacred Warrior-Rebellion Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 1:46 am

Wow, now your are bringing back the cassette memories! I absolutely love all of Sacred Warriors albums and Rebellion is my fave as well. I have all the cassettes still (maybe more for nostalgic reasons than anything else) but their music is just pure majestic heavy metal! YES!!!! Brings back memories of the acid washed jeans and the almighty mullet!!! Sacred Warrior-Rebellion 1836
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Warrior-Rebellion   Sacred Warrior-Rebellion Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 12:40 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Except 'Black Metal' ..WTF? and 'He Died'.. (I appreciate the sentiment, but gag. )

I really like Black Metal, but He Died is absolutely atrocious. What a horrid little song.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Warrior-Rebellion   Sacred Warrior-Rebellion Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 12:43 pm

Dave the Boss wrote:
Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Except 'He Died'.. (I appreciate the sentiment, but gag. )

He Died is absolutely atrocious. What a horrid little song.

Ohhh yeah, "He Died"... gack. Power ballads were definitely not Sacred Warrior's strong point. "Unfailing Love" off of MASTER'S COMMAND is just as bad.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Warrior-Rebellion   Sacred Warrior-Rebellion Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 2:48 pm

You guys are crazy.He Died is a great song.I think it has a lot of feeling and emotion to it.Just my .02 of course.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Warrior-Rebellion   Sacred Warrior-Rebellion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sacred Warrior-Rebellion
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next