Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Gun Barrel

Go down 
+4
tohostudios
DallasBlack
Tall Tyrion
Wargod
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

New Gun Barrel Empty
PostSubject: New Gun Barrel   New Gun Barrel Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 9:38 pm

New Gun Barrel Outlawinvasion

Ok never see any mention of this band I have all 3 of their cds all are great. To me the border on hard rock/metal. To me they remind me alot of Motorhead!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down

New Gun Barrel Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Gun Barrel   New Gun Barrel Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 11:47 pm

I was just thinking i'm surprised there's no mention on this board of them. I think of them as German beer soaked AC/DC.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

New Gun Barrel Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Gun Barrel   New Gun Barrel Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 12:35 am

Never heard of 'em, but you can't argue with that cover art. 🤘
Back to top Go down

New Gun Barrel Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Gun Barrel   New Gun Barrel Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 12:38 am

Tall Tyrion wrote:

I am gonna argue that the art is a little derivative of Sodom, but that's just me knitpicking.
Back to top Go down

New Gun Barrel Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Gun Barrel   New Gun Barrel Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 5:58 am

I said it here before and I'll say it again, I don't like their new Vocalist, I really liked Guido but not this dude, Cover art is a vast inprovement on the previous effort and the Sodom influences are uncanny.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

New Gun Barrel Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Gun Barrel   New Gun Barrel Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 8:39 am

I heard Battle Tested and think it is an awesome song but I've yet to get any of their albums to date.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

New Gun Barrel Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Gun Barrel   New Gun Barrel Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 9:06 am

spectrefate wrote:
Tall Tyrion wrote:

I am gonna argue that the art is a little derivative of Sodom, but that's just me knitpicking.

You would. lol!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

New Gun Barrel Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Gun Barrel   New Gun Barrel Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 9:18 am

I like Battle Tested and Power Dive but Bombard Your Soul didn't do much for me. I don't think it was the vocalist either. The songs just didn't click. I'll be checking out the new one though.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

New Gun Barrel Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Gun Barrel   New Gun Barrel Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 6:02 pm

I have Power Dive and like it ok, but not enough to search for anything else by these guys. That was a blind buy, going strictly by the cover, band name & photo on the back. Looked metal enough, so I thought I'd give it a shot from the used bins at an FYE.

The new cover looks pretty cool, though.
Back to top Go down

New Gun Barrel Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Gun Barrel   New Gun Barrel Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 10:47 pm

Well I've listened to the new album twice today and maybe I'm being bias but the vocals are killing it for me, Musically they are superb as they have been on all previous releases but the vocals.......... ahh, I just don't know
Back to top Go down
Mordor
Metal student
Metal student
Mordor

Number of posts : 123

New Gun Barrel Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Gun Barrel   New Gun Barrel Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 7:04 am

Listening to this album now. And all I can say is My GOD awesome smurf poo. This will be on my short list to buy for sure. Might have to check out the other 2 albums 🤘 The vocals remind me a little bit of Tobias from Edguy & Avantasia at times.. Good stuff
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofmetal.dk
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

New Gun Barrel Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Gun Barrel   New Gun Barrel Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 9:49 am

I knew there was a thread about this band/album around here somewhere... anyway, I recently got a promo of OUTLAW INVASION to review and I'm listening to it for the first time right now. Pretty decent stuff, certainly not the most original thing I've ever heard but still cool in a "retro" sort of way. I see some Motorhead and AC/DC comparisons in previous posts and that sounds pretty right-on, they're definitely a mesh of those two major influences. (And yes, the armored gas-masked guy on the cover definitely looks like they borrowed him from a Sodom album...) The vocalist reminds me of Marc Storace of Krokus at times, too.

Besides that, how can you not love a band with a song called "M.I.L.F."? Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

New Gun Barrel Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Gun Barrel   New Gun Barrel Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 10:19 am

I bought this album at their CD release party in Cologne. I'm a big fan of this band, and I think the new album is better than Bombard your soul which was already a very good one. I saw the band now twiche live and they are a pretty good live band.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

New Gun Barrel Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Gun Barrel   New Gun Barrel Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2015 1:13 pm

Bumping for some new opinions. I recently revisited the only album I own by these guys, Power Dive, and it got me to wondering if I need to invest, steal or outright avoid any others? Looks like they've got few albums out there.

Any thoughts, good, bad or indifferent are appreciated. Maybe one of our thoughtful, handsome and intelligent mods could bring this back to the land of the living too, while we're at it.

New Gun Barrel Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Gun Barrel   New Gun Barrel Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Gun Barrel
Page 1 of 1