Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metal a lifestyle or a fad?

Go down 
+25
T-Roy
MetalGuy71
DallasBlack
Fat Freddy
the sentinel
metalheaded
kmorg
TheGooch
ghost
ThrashedOutCobra33
stepcousin
Troublezone
Stender
James B.
mc666
exact33
EvyMetal
krokus
GrandNational
Selvmord
Wargod
juanmiguel
Chairman_Smith
tohostudios
ultrametal
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Metal a lifestyle or a fad? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal a lifestyle or a fad?   Metal a lifestyle or a fad? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 11:40 am

SAXON1500 wrote:
I totally get that MG - I was more flipping off society.

No problem there. I enjoy sticking to The Man every chance I get.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

PostSubject: Re: Metal a lifestyle or a fad?   Metal a lifestyle or a fad? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 12:50 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
Just my opinion here, but as far as the hair thing goes, I think it sucks that ANYONE need change their appearance to appease someone else for a buck. Or appease their spouse. Or appease their church. It's BS! If the world can't accept you for who you are, too bad. And it is weak if you change anything about who you are, just because someone (or society in general) tells you you have to. I work in the legal industry, own a multi-million dollar company, and have the respect of some of the most high profile attorneys in the Twin Cities - all with hair past the middle of my back. And if they did not respect me, I would tell them to blow. Lifestyle? Yup! But not just because I have long hair. Metal and Hardcore have taught me to be "Metal" and "Hardcore", attitude-wise, in all things in my life! And it has been THOSE philosophies and that garnered any success that I have achieved. Whether that success be financial, marital, personal happiness, whatever. Thusly, lifestyle. Though, my path is not for everyone.

And Ted Nugent sucks!
Great post! 🤘
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

PostSubject: Re: Metal a lifestyle or a fad?   Metal a lifestyle or a fad? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 1:01 pm

the sentinel wrote:
7thSecond wrote:
the sentinel wrote:
I go to work dressed business casual and look like I am 34 years old.
Great example of someone I just can't respect. So you have to look a certain way to look 34??? Guess I look 15 hey. angry

No problem, brother. I'll still show you respect, though. Peace. Very Happy
Nahh man I don't hold anything against you, I just have that "hardcore metal attitude" that Saxon 1500 spoke of. I've been judged by my long hair and musical taste for over 20 years now and it's made me a little bitter towards certain people/attitudes. Especially now in my 30's where peoplel automatically assume I'm some kind of burger flipper or floor sweeper simply because of my appearance. Heck I make more money then most short haired, well dressed people, but I don't go around judging them or telling them they haven't succeeded/matured just because of how little money they make.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metal a lifestyle or a fad?   Metal a lifestyle or a fad? - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal a lifestyle or a fad?
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4