Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metal a lifestyle or a fad?

Go down 
+25
T-Roy
MetalGuy71
DallasBlack
Fat Freddy
the sentinel
metalheaded
kmorg
TheGooch
ghost
ThrashedOutCobra33
stepcousin
Troublezone
Stender
James B.
mc666
exact33
EvyMetal
krokus
GrandNational
Selvmord
Wargod
juanmiguel
Chairman_Smith
tohostudios
ultrametal
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Metal a lifestyle or a fad? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal a lifestyle or a fad?   Metal a lifestyle or a fad? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 6:49 am

For me it's a lifestyle in the sense that I've been listening to it all my life. I collect metal CD's, I go to concerts, I discuss it with fellow metalheads, and I spend as much time with my music as I do with my family (roughly). But I no longer have the long hair, nor do I use my metal t-shirts every day. But it's certainly not a fad either. My 3 brothers were like that. They used to like it, but sort of grew out of it. Now they are listening to metal for nostaligic reasons.

PostSubject: Re: Metal a lifestyle or a fad?   Metal a lifestyle or a fad? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 8:57 am

I'm totally with Kmorg. I still have one brother that's also into it.
Back to top Go down
metalheaded
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
metalheaded

Number of posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: Metal a lifestyle or a fad?   Metal a lifestyle or a fad? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 9:45 am

It's a lifestyle; a way of thinking and how I process lots of things. I have long hair and wear band shirts and jeans, but even if I didn't, it's all in the mind.

If people ask why you haven't "grown out of it", or some nonsense like that, then it's just that they will never get it. If you're not a true metalhead, you'll never understand it. I don't spend a whole lot of time arguing with people about it, but I'm not rude, either. They simply don't get it. Let 'em wonder why!
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Metal a lifestyle or a fad?   Metal a lifestyle or a fad? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 9:57 am

metalheaded wrote:
It's a lifestyle; a way of thinking and how I process lots of things. I have long hair and wear band shirts and jeans, but even if I didn't, it's all in the mind.

If people ask why you haven't "grown out of it", or some nonsense like that, then it's just that they will never get it. If you're not a true metalhead, you'll never understand it. I don't spend a whole lot of time arguing with people about it, but I'm not rude, either. They simply don't get it. Let 'em wonder why!

Yeah, i understand you 🤘 🤘 🤘 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metal a lifestyle or a fad?   Metal a lifestyle or a fad? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 10:00 am

I have no longer long hair, and tight jeans, however I collect CD's and metal is still in my heart strongest than ever!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Metal a lifestyle or a fad?   Metal a lifestyle or a fad? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 10:13 am

I would definately say it's in my blood because I just can't imagine living w/out it. Like many have posted previously, I don't look like I like heavy metal/hard rock. I have a shaved head and a goatee and I don't wear my Anthrax or Priest t- shirts from high school; I go to work dressed business casual and look like I am 34 years old. Now, if someone looked in the window of one of my two Pontiacs, they would definately know I am a "metalhead" with the cd's and cassettes that lay on the front and back seats. Peace.
Back to top Go down
ThrashedOutCobra33
Metal master
Metal master
ThrashedOutCobra33

Number of posts : 586

PostSubject: Re: Metal a lifestyle or a fad?   Metal a lifestyle or a fad? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 10:52 pm

My hairs still growing, I have a awesome vest with a bunch of patches on it and a Def Leppard back patch that says '' I suppose a rock's outta the question" which is epic. All I pretty much talk about is Metal. I got cd's, and tapes. And idk I never leave home without a band T on so ya its a lifestyle for me
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: Metal a lifestyle or a fad?   Metal a lifestyle or a fad? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 2:44 am

ThrashedOutCobra33 wrote:
My hairs still growing, I have a awesome vest with a bunch of patches on it and a Def Leppard back patch that says '' I suppose a rock's outta the question" which is epic. All I pretty much talk about is Metal. I got cd's, and tapes. And idk I never leave home without a band T on so ya its a lifestyle for me

🤘 🤘
Back to top Go down
ThrashedOutCobra33
Metal master
Metal master
ThrashedOutCobra33

PostSubject: Re: Metal a lifestyle or a fad?   Metal a lifestyle or a fad? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 2:45 am

aha
Back to top Go down
ThrashedOutCobra33
Metal master
Metal master
ThrashedOutCobra33

PostSubject: Re: Metal a lifestyle or a fad?   Metal a lifestyle or a fad? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 2:53 am

Is that a sincere 🤘 or a fake one ahaha
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: Metal a lifestyle or a fad?   Metal a lifestyle or a fad? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 2:56 am

Is that a sincere 🤘 or a fake one ahaha

Sincere of course. For me its a lifestyle too. Just read my posts about it. I dont make jokes about our movement. TAke care.
Back to top Go down
ThrashedOutCobra33
Metal master
Metal master
ThrashedOutCobra33

PostSubject: Re: Metal a lifestyle or a fad?   Metal a lifestyle or a fad? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 2:59 am

k awesome lol! headbanger
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: Metal a lifestyle or a fad?   Metal a lifestyle or a fad? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 3:02 am

k awesome lol! headbanger

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ThrashedOutCobra33
Metal master
Metal master
ThrashedOutCobra33

PostSubject: Re: Metal a lifestyle or a fad?   Metal a lifestyle or a fad? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 3:04 am

so ya party on! crazy happy
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Metal a lifestyle or a fad?   Metal a lifestyle or a fad? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 6:17 am

I don't have the long hair or the band shirts anymore, but I'm still as maniacal about CD collecting and discovering new and exciting metal bands as I was twenty years ago. Maybe even MORE maniacal nowadays! So yea, I'd say I am pretty well metal for life. 🤘

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metal a lifestyle or a fad?   Metal a lifestyle or a fad? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 6:57 am

I have more band shirts and CDs than I ever have had.

I still wouldn't say I'm a "metalhead". Just a voracious metal fan.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Metal a lifestyle or a fad?   Metal a lifestyle or a fad? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 7:15 am

Metal is pumping through my veins. I have a plethora of band shirts, I wish one day to have collections like Ult, Kmorg, Eyesore, etc. I crave more and more metal and just when it seems like I have enough, I still want more. I'm currently growing my hair out and am looking into careers that will allow me to keep it (truck driving, mechanic, etc.) I believe with my entire being that it is not about looking the part but I still love to look it. I love to bang my head and feel my hair swoosh around (when I have short hair I don't love headbanging as much because it just doesn't feel right IMO), I break out the air guitar whenever I feel like it despite the strange looks I get, I long for the day to stand on a stage in front of fellow metal heads and giving them the performance of my life, I own a pair of leather pants, I have four different pyramid studded wrist bands, a pyramid studded belt, I wear boots, and very rarely wear any kind of suit or collared shirt. I don't do these things because I want people to notice me (even though sometimes I do), I do it because I love the look and feel most comfortable like that. The only fads I went through were sagging pants (which in retrospect look rediculous), wearing wife beater shirst (which, as fat as I am now, would not be a pretty sight), and listening to rap (though I will still listen to some now and then, though very little). Like the Primal Fear song that I love so much, METAL IS FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

headbanger headbanger 🤘 headbanger headbanger
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Metal a lifestyle or a fad?   Metal a lifestyle or a fad? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 7:42 am

Quote :
I break out the air guitar whenever I feel like it despite the strange looks I get
I am just short of 40, and that never goes away! haha. Grocery store, coffee shop, the bank - whatever!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Metal a lifestyle or a fad?   Metal a lifestyle or a fad? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 7:44 am

SAXON1500 wrote:
Quote :
I break out the air guitar whenever I feel like it despite the strange looks I get
I am just short of 40, and that never goes away! haha. Grocery store, coffee shop, the bank - whatever!

I was in the supermarket just last week and The Cult's "Love Removal Machine" came over the store P.A. ... I started doing a little air guitar right there in the produce section, haha. Then I looked over in the next aisle and there was another guy about my age doin the same thing! Was that you, Sax?? Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metal a lifestyle or a fad?   Metal a lifestyle or a fad? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 7:46 am

Yeah!! I buy all my citrus in Jersey! Sheesh.

j/k - but the next time I am out east, I am coming to your town and we will hit the local Piggily-Wiggily and freak out some big-hairs!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metal a lifestyle or a fad?   Metal a lifestyle or a fad? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 7:47 am

Billy Duffy rules. Needed to get that out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metal a lifestyle or a fad?   Metal a lifestyle or a fad? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 7:49 am

I wear band shirts, and still have long hair, but I see nothing in it as a lifestyle. For some it may be, but me, I just love metal and I will never change when it comes to the music I love.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Metal a lifestyle or a fad?   Metal a lifestyle or a fad? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 8:00 am

SAXON1500 wrote:
Billy Duffy rules. Needed to get that out.

Damn straight he does!! I was going to bring my ELECTRIC CD to listen to today after hearing "Love Removal" in the store the other night, but it appears that I grabbed SONIC TEMPLE by mistake. Oh well, not a bad tradeoff. 🤘

Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Metal a lifestyle or a fad?   Metal a lifestyle or a fad? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 8:17 am

thewalkofman wrote:
I wear band shirts, and still have long hair, but I see nothing in it as a lifestyle. For some it may be, but me, I just love metal and I will never change when it comes to the music I love.

You are 15 years old, boy. You haven't had time to create a lifestyle yet!! Laughing

Just wait 15 more years and let's see what you call it then!

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Metal a lifestyle or a fad?   Metal a lifestyle or a fad? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 1:14 pm

I don't wear the band t-shirts anymore (except for my lone Motorhead tee) and I've never wore a bullet belt. My studded leather jacket hangs in the closet and the cowboy boots have been given to Goodwill. My hair, while still thick, dark & plentiful, is cut short and usually slicked back with some gel. Being married with kids, my attendance at concerts are becoming less and less.

I don't, however, feel any less "metal" than I did 15 years ago. So I guess it's a lifestyle or attitude.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metal a lifestyle or a fad?   Metal a lifestyle or a fad? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal a lifestyle or a fad?
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next