Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Christian lyrical themes: Turn or burn vs. Metaphorical

Go down 
+16
Temple of Blood
Lurideath
MetalGuy71
Louder
James B.
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
T-Roy
stormspell
Olafsto
mc666
candlemass
Thrasher73
XYZ
DallasBlack
Troublezone
Stender
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Christian lyrical themes: Turn or burn vs. Metaphorical - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christian lyrical themes: Turn or burn vs. Metaphorical   Christian lyrical themes: Turn or burn vs. Metaphorical - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 4:56 pm

It's true the music should come first. The art should be the thing that stands out.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Christian lyrical themes: Turn or burn vs. Metaphorical   Christian lyrical themes: Turn or burn vs. Metaphorical - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 8:20 pm

With metal, it's aways been music first for me. I think we hear the sounds first before looking into the lyrics of most bands we listen to. I prefer a more esoteric approach to lyrics, be it from Christian bands or secular ones. "Turn or burn" lyrics are often cheesy at best.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Christian lyrical themes: Turn or burn vs. Metaphorical   Christian lyrical themes: Turn or burn vs. Metaphorical - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 9:54 pm

UltraMagnus007 wrote:
mc666 wrote:
UltraMagnus007 wrote:
Oh, please not another thread about christian metal. Not a week goes by without someone trying to start a thread about christian metal.
this forum serves as the main forum for the christian metal band Ultimatum, it is also run by christian guys. therefore, you better get used to seeing threads concerning christian metal. you always have the option of not opening those specific threads, if you have nothing to offer to them. Wink

Well, seems I've been told.
It's all good bro. Forget about it! COME HERE BIG GUY!! :defleppard:
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Christian lyrical themes: Turn or burn vs. Metaphorical   Christian lyrical themes: Turn or burn vs. Metaphorical - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 12:05 am

When I was 15 turn or burn would work.... but as one shall we say ages.... more depth is appreciated....

Creativity, hence the art, would be appreciated with greater insight if the Metaphorical would be encouraged.
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Christian lyrical themes: Turn or burn vs. Metaphorical   Christian lyrical themes: Turn or burn vs. Metaphorical - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 5:18 pm

Stender wrote:
If you listen to christian metal, the lyrics can be one of two styles. . . .
I suppose it goes both ways. In the early days, it seemed that the Christian metal guys had to be as unabashed as possible-- it just so happens that the "turn or burn", as you put it, fits the early styles fairly well. Fast forward 25 years or so and the lyrical content is more and more a moot point. As the genre matured as a style and a business, the preachy-ness / ministrymidedness was less urgent. Artists bagan doing what artists do. . . (Jimmy Brown is a good example).

Good day.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Christian lyrical themes: Turn or burn vs. Metaphorical   Christian lyrical themes: Turn or burn vs. Metaphorical - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 7:51 pm

dwellman wrote:
Stender wrote:
If you listen to christian metal, the lyrics can be one of two styles. . . .
I suppose it goes both ways. In the early days, it seemed that the Christian metal guys had to be as unabashed as possible-- it just so happens that the "turn or burn", as you put it, fits the early styles fairly well. Fast forward 25 years or so and the lyrical content is more and more a moot point. As the genre matured as a style and a business, the preachy-ness / ministrymidedness was less urgent. Artists bagan doing what artists do. . . (Jimmy Brown is a good example).

Good day.

Very true, and I hate that about the industry. Sometimes its the label a band is on that effects what the band writes and dosnt write. It seems more and more so called "christian" bands sing about the farthest from what they are suposed to represent(Like Agony Scene?????) It pisses me off man. I have no problem with listening to lyrics that contradict what I believe in, but when that content is coming from a christian band why even call yourself christian or be promoted by a christian label?

I will probably get flamed for this opinion but whatever,t hat is how I feel, Peace
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Christian lyrical themes: Turn or burn vs. Metaphorical   Christian lyrical themes: Turn or burn vs. Metaphorical - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 7:56 pm

If you call yourself a Christian band, be open about it in your music. Don't hide it. Satanic bands don't hide it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christian lyrical themes: Turn or burn vs. Metaphorical   Christian lyrical themes: Turn or burn vs. Metaphorical - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Christian lyrical themes: Turn or burn vs. Metaphorical
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2