Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

genre extremes in your cd collection

Go down 
+26
jstate
metalinmyveins
Troublezone
sam
7thSecond
EvyMetal
Mglaffas81
juanmiguel
shamgar75
the sentinel
MetalGuy71
krokus
HellRaiser
GrandNational
mc666
Tall Tyrion
Fat Freddy
SideShowDisaSter
exact33
Thrasher73
Louder
DeathCult
tohostudios
stormspell
SAHB Healer
Stender
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

genre extremes in your cd collection - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: genre extremes in your cd collection   genre extremes in your cd collection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 12:13 am

some stuff from the lasers edge that I want to get that is off the beaten track:

Obskuria - Discovery of Obskuria
St Mikael - Mind of Fire
Moon Safari - Blomljud
Moon Safari - A doorway to summer
Electric Orange - Abegelaufen

metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: genre extremes in your cd collection   genre extremes in your cd collection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 1:27 am

God, it's really a question of what don't I have. I have some 5,700 songs downloaded on my computer with a year by year list of the top songs from 1951 - 2008. You name it, and I probably have it. I grew up loving much of the music my parents loved, which was a lot of Doo Wop music of the late 50's early 60's. That transitioned to a lot of the R&B of the late 60's and they also liked rock music of the 70's.

Through my own experiences I found a niche in metal starting in the early 80's, though I enjoyed quite a bit they came out of the 80's. My tastes progressed on into what was the alternative movement, though begrudgingly. There isn't too much that I don't like. I'm not much of a fan of Rap, but I do enjoy some of the early stuff in the 80's. I love the old crooners like Sinatra, Bennett, and Martin. I could listen to Barry Manilow in one setting, and probably Slayer in the next!
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: genre extremes in your cd collection   genre extremes in your cd collection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 2:22 pm

I always love the look on people's faces who might not be familiar with my musical tastes (especially the girlfriend's friends) when they see the CD collection. You can tell they think, "oh, no one of these guys" then they get to the end where the reggae is and it puzzles them to no end.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: genre extremes in your cd collection   genre extremes in your cd collection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 2:27 pm

I have everything from metal to 80s pop to folk to celtic to country (nothing past the mid-late 80's) to alternative country to a little rap to oldies and many more. Bands range from Antestor to John Denver, Sepultura to Gordon Lightfoot, or Iced Earth to Fleetwood Mac.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: genre extremes in your cd collection   genre extremes in your cd collection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 6:33 pm

i guess i have death metal records at the most extreme end and eighties pop records at the other that i never listen too
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: genre extremes in your cd collection   genre extremes in your cd collection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 6:41 pm

Phil Collins and Coldplay to Opeth and Slipknot
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: genre extremes in your cd collection   genre extremes in your cd collection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 6:43 pm

xyz wrote:
Phil Collins and Coldplay to Opeth and Slipknot

i did not mind phil collins in genesis but i admit i have most of his solo albums
Back to top Go down
Selvmord
Metal student
Metal student
Selvmord

Number of posts : 238

PostSubject: Re: genre extremes in your cd collection   genre extremes in your cd collection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 11:07 pm

Jewel, Sheryl Crow, B.B. King, John Lee Hooker, the cranberries, Mozart...

Behemoth, Immortal, Samael, Dark Funeral, Dimmu Borgir....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: genre extremes in your cd collection   genre extremes in your cd collection - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

genre extremes in your cd collection
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3