Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Century Media - Covering 20 Years Of Extremes

Go down 
+3
GrandNational
mc666
Stender
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Century Media - Covering 20 Years Of Extremes Empty
PostSubject: Century Media - Covering 20 Years Of Extremes   Century Media - Covering 20 Years Of Extremes Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 7:48 pm

Anyone pick up this inexpensive compilation yet? $9.99 for two CDs. Sweet deal. Usually these kinds of packages are hit or miss, but after listening to disc 1, it just might be the most solid collection of cover tunes I've ever heard. I haven't even gave disc 2 a listen yet, but disc 1 is killer! Aside from Grave covering Asphyx, every other cover is great. 15 out of 16 ain't too shabby, and the Grave isn't even that bad, just too mumble-grumble death metal for me.

But Wolf covering Moonspell, turning "Alma Mater" into a bad-ass power metal tune? Awesome. Arch Enemy covering Dream Evil, Dark Tranquillity doing Sentenced, Maroon doing a brilliant Samael cover, all killer! Brand New Sin turned Iced Earth's "Watching Over You" into a souther bar room rocker! Crazy.

Looking forward to disc 2, but at this point that's just sprinkles. Disc 1 is worth the price alone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Century Media - Covering 20 Years Of Extremes   Century Media - Covering 20 Years Of Extremes Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 9:04 pm

Sounds very interesting...I'd like to hear it...
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Century Media - Covering 20 Years Of Extremes   Century Media - Covering 20 Years Of Extremes Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 12:20 am

9.99 is a killer deal for two discs!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Century Media - Covering 20 Years Of Extremes   Century Media - Covering 20 Years Of Extremes Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 12:33 am

yeah i got it specifically for Asphyx's Celtic Frost cover, but there are some other great covers there as well. gotta love Napalm Death's cover of Despair's Outconditioned, & Grave's cover of Asphyx.

PostSubject: Re: Century Media - Covering 20 Years Of Extremes   Century Media - Covering 20 Years Of Extremes Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 3:42 am

mc666 wrote:
yeah i got it specifically for Asphyx's Celtic Frost cover, but there are some other great covers there as well. gotta love Napalm Death's cover of Despair's Outconditioned, & Grave's cover of Asphyx.
It would never work out between us.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Century Media - Covering 20 Years Of Extremes   Century Media - Covering 20 Years Of Extremes Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 4:25 am

Eyesore wrote:
mc666 wrote:
It would never work out between us.

Laughing very hard Century Media - Covering 20 Years Of Extremes 647664
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Century Media - Covering 20 Years Of Extremes   Century Media - Covering 20 Years Of Extremes Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 11:43 am

Some additional info...
Century Media - Covering 20 Years Of Extremes 28766

Artist: Various Artists
Title: Covering 20 Years Of Extremes (V/A) (2CD)
Format: Double CD
Label: Century Media (manufacturer)
Price: $10.00
Quantity:

CD1: ARCH ENEMY -The Book Of Heavy Metal
DARK TRANQUILLITY -Broken
HEAVEN SHALL BURN -Whatever That Hurts
SHADOWS FALL -December
BRAND NEW SIN -Watching Over Me
WOLF -Alma Mater
MERCENARY -Burning Angel
GOD FORBID -Master Killer
WARBRINGER -Execute Them All
GRAVE -Vermin
ARCHITECTS -Officer Down
NAPALM DEATH -Outconditioned
KRISIUN -Human Dissection
CRYPTOPSY -Oh My Fu*king God
MAROON -Baphomet's Throne
WATCH THEM DIE -Breeding Death

CD2: FIREWIND -Believe In Nothing
DREAM EVIL -Let The Killing Begin
FEAR MY THOUGHTS -The Weapon They Fear
THE AGONIST -Monochromatic Stains
THE FORSAKEN -You'll Never See
DEVIAN -Isolated
HEAVEN SHALL BURN -Downfall of Christ
ABORTED -Playing Dead
TERROR -Boxed In
NAPALM DEATH -Messiah
ASPHYX -Os Abysmal Vel Daath
ZIMMER'S HOLE -Doommaker
FU MANCHU -Words To Live By
MANNTIS (feat. IN THIS MOMENT) -Heaven's A Lie
KIVIMETSÄN DRUIDI -Leaves
INTRONAUT -Dixie Whiskey

Do anyone know who is the orignal artist of the song "Words to Live By", covered here by Fu Manchu?

Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Century Media - Covering 20 Years Of Extremes   Century Media - Covering 20 Years Of Extremes Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 12:22 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Do anyone know who is the orignal artist of the song "Words to Live By", covered here by Fu Manchu?
the doom band Penance from the Parallel Corners album.

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Century Media - Covering 20 Years Of Extremes   Century Media - Covering 20 Years Of Extremes Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 12:31 pm

mc666 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

the doom band Penance from the Parallel Corners album.

Cool. I'd imagine these stoners can do a capable job covering a doom band. Thanks.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Century Media - Covering 20 Years Of Extremes   Century Media - Covering 20 Years Of Extremes Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 5:44 pm

Firewind covering nevermore rocks! 🤘
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Century Media - Covering 20 Years Of Extremes   Century Media - Covering 20 Years Of Extremes Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 1:07 pm

sam wrote:

This is one I'd love to hear!

PostSubject: Re: Century Media - Covering 20 Years Of Extremes   Century Media - Covering 20 Years Of Extremes Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 6:51 pm

kmorg wrote:
sam wrote:

There was a thread on it here a while back. Really good cover. Disc 2 is more extreme, thus I don't dig it as much. But there are some cool covers. Manntis with In This Moment covering Lacuna Coil is really cool, a little melodeath version of "Heaven's A Lie." Kivimetsan Druidi doing The Gathering is really good. I think I need to check that band out further. A couple other decent tunes, but disc 2 isn't as good as disc 1, unless you dig that extreme stuff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Century Media - Covering 20 Years Of Extremes   Century Media - Covering 20 Years Of Extremes Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 7:31 pm

This compilation is a good example of how old I am. Not only do I not know the majority of the groups on this compilation...I don't know the majority of the bands they are covering on this compilation.

Century Media - Covering 20 Years Of Extremes 251456

I'll be in my wheelchair listening to Volume 4 if anyone needs me...
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Century Media - Covering 20 Years Of Extremes   Century Media - Covering 20 Years Of Extremes Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 7:51 pm

detuned wrote:
This compilation is a good example of how old I am. Not only do I not know the majority of the groups on this compilation...I don't know the majority of the bands they are covering on this compilation.
well, here's a good chance for you to discover a sh*tload of great bands for a decent price. you're never to old for that.

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Century Media - Covering 20 Years Of Extremes   Century Media - Covering 20 Years Of Extremes Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 8:58 pm

I think this smiley says more than any words I could put together: greedy greedy greedy
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Century Media - Covering 20 Years Of Extremes   Century Media - Covering 20 Years Of Extremes Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 6:55 am

Eyesore wrote:
kmorg wrote:
sam wrote:

There was a thread on it here a while back. Really good cover.

There was a thread about another band covering this tune, and the Firewind one was mentioned, but there was never a link to it that I could check out, as I remember it.

PostSubject: Re: Century Media - Covering 20 Years Of Extremes   Century Media - Covering 20 Years Of Extremes Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 2:49 pm

It was on a MySpace page. Which MySpace page, I don't know.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Century Media - Covering 20 Years Of Extremes   Century Media - Covering 20 Years Of Extremes Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 6:08 pm

kmorg wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
kmorg wrote:
sam wrote:

There was a thread on it here a while back. Really good cover.

There was a thread about another band covering this tune, and the Firewind one was mentioned, but there was never a link to it that I could check out, as I remember it.

got one 🤘