Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

genre extremes in your cd collection

Go down 
+26
jstate
metalinmyveins
Troublezone
sam
7thSecond
EvyMetal
Mglaffas81
juanmiguel
shamgar75
the sentinel
MetalGuy71
krokus
HellRaiser
GrandNational
mc666
Tall Tyrion
Fat Freddy
SideShowDisaSter
exact33
Thrasher73
Louder
DeathCult
tohostudios
stormspell
SAHB Healer
Stender
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

genre extremes in your cd collection - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: genre extremes in your cd collection   genre extremes in your cd collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 12:40 am

i guess my 2 Juliette & The Licks cds are the most out of place in my collection.

GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: genre extremes in your cd collection   genre extremes in your cd collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 12:56 am

I have over 200 Blues albums, and over another 100+ non-metal albumsm so it's too many to list. On top of that, I have a lot of Arabic/Greek/Armenian music, so I'm really out there.
Back to top Go down
HellRaiser
Metal student
Metal student
HellRaiser

Number of posts : 242

PostSubject: Re: genre extremes in your cd collection   genre extremes in your cd collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 2:09 am

As far as my CD collection goes, nothing too 'out there.' Now, my collection itself is only around 300 or so and tends to reflect my dominant tastes in music (pop metal, glam rock, hard rock and traditional metal). An ABBA greatest hits, the Police's Synchronicity, and some Springsteen, Dire Straits and Jeff Healey is about as far out as it goes.

That's not to say I don't like other genres of music (I'm a total sucker for a lot of 80s pop, and I love the jazz I've heard for example) but I don't have the CDs yet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: genre extremes in your cd collection   genre extremes in your cd collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 6:39 am

Tall Tyrion wrote:
Anyone else have this one in your music collections?
genre extremes in your cd collection - Page 2 CD_spaced_out_01

HA!

I win. Razz

I can't really put a finger on it, but there is definetely something not quite right with you, TT.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: genre extremes in your cd collection   genre extremes in your cd collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 9:45 am

I am into everything in between HARD AOR and BLACK METAL. From 70s HEAVY ROCK till primative DEATH/THRASH SPEED metal, and from CRUST/PUNK METAL till GLAM/SLEAZY METAL. Always from the 70s or 80s or bands of today with a 70/80s sound/look/attitude.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: genre extremes in your cd collection   genre extremes in your cd collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 12:12 pm

Quote :
I can't really put a finger on it, but there is definetely something not quite right with you, TT

And you don't want to be touching him where he is wrong.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: genre extremes in your cd collection   genre extremes in your cd collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 12:25 pm

Most of my collection falls into a guitar-based category, be it rock, metal, punk or blues. The only ones that fall outside of that category are some swing music (Big Bad VooDoo Daddy, Brian Setzer Orchestra) and the classics (Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Louis Prima)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: genre extremes in your cd collection   genre extremes in your cd collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 12:43 pm

I like a lot of non-metal music especially grunge and alternative rock of the 80's to early 90' s and I even like a bit of Neil Young and Bob Dylan. I suppose though that nearly everything I own is guitar-based like MetalGuy71 said. So I'd like most things from Manic Street Preachers to Malevolent Creation and from Chris Cornell to Celtic Frost.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: genre extremes in your cd collection   genre extremes in your cd collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 2:05 pm

spectrefate wrote:

I can't really put a finger on it, but there is definetely something not quite right with you, TT.

That album rules! You should hear William Shatner doing Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds. 🤘
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: genre extremes in your cd collection   genre extremes in your cd collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 8:16 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:
spectrefate wrote:

That album rules! You should hear William Shatner doing Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds. 🤘

you had to go and say that... well at least my shrink will have lots of money coming in from me as i try to get over that...

Now all you need is Morton Downey Jr Sings Gospel and the circle will be complete!!

Alex

exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: genre extremes in your cd collection   genre extremes in your cd collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 8:20 pm

and on a more serious note my collection is expanding into space rock, kraut rock, psychedelic rock. While most of it is as far from metal as one might get it is very interesting. The biggest problem is it just is not good driving music.. You have to sit down and really listen to the music to get it (and for me that is hard with all the distractions)

Alex

PostSubject: Re: genre extremes in your cd collection   genre extremes in your cd collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 8:25 pm

krokus wrote:
From 70s HEAVY ROCK till primative DEATH/THRASH SPEED metal, and CRUST/PUNK METAL

You can't go wrong there! 🤘 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: genre extremes in your cd collection   genre extremes in your cd collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 8:29 pm

spectrefate wrote:
I have several extremes but the first one off the top of my head is Debbie Gibson and Deicide. My brain loves both. Smile

Ahh Debbie Debbie Debbie....... I brought "Out of the Blue" to work with me today.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: genre extremes in your cd collection   genre extremes in your cd collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 10:11 pm

Men at Work ------ Megadeth
Bryan Adams ------ Blind Gaurdian
Outfield ----- Ozzy Osbourne
Hall and Oats ----- Hammerfall
Rick Springfield ---- Savatage
Bruce Springsteen ---- Slayer
Billy Joel ------- Judas Priest
Bob Seger ------ Scorpions
Cheap Trick ---- Tesla

Just a few examples Very Happy
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: genre extremes in your cd collection   genre extremes in your cd collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 11:00 pm

Mortification to Yanni

Believer to Republica

Deliverance to Josh Groban

You can see my tastes vary all over the place, just no hardcore country.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: genre extremes in your cd collection   genre extremes in your cd collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 4:44 am

Sacrifice wrote:
krokus wrote:
From 70s HEAVY ROCK till primative DEATH/THRASH SPEED metal, and CRUST/PUNK METAL

You can't go wrong there! 🤘 🤘

Thanksssssssssss brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy 🤘
Back to top Go down
juanmiguel
Metal student
Metal student
juanmiguel

Number of posts : 147

PostSubject: Re: genre extremes in your cd collection   genre extremes in your cd collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 5:27 am

i like the Pu$$ycat dolls
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: genre extremes in your cd collection   genre extremes in your cd collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 10:26 am

juanmiguel wrote:

...... I hurt people :kickbutt:
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: genre extremes in your cd collection   genre extremes in your cd collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 10:41 am

Obituary---Prince Very Happy

Say what you want, but Prince is awesome.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: genre extremes in your cd collection   genre extremes in your cd collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 3:14 am

I have 3 MADONNA cd's
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

PostSubject: Re: genre extremes in your cd collection   genre extremes in your cd collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 4:59 am

I've got 1,000 songs on my PSP and it includes everything from Madonna to Garth Brooks to Avenger of Blood. I admit it is probably 80% metal and hardcore though.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: genre extremes in your cd collection   genre extremes in your cd collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 4:19 pm

All you talk about is your PSP lol!
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: genre extremes in your cd collection   genre extremes in your cd collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 8:15 pm

i hit shuffel on the old ipod the other day and it summed up the varity of my tastes,

down to the river to pray-spirtual from o'brother soundtrack
some nile song
a pink floyd tune
rammstein
etc..
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17160

PostSubject: Re: genre extremes in your cd collection   genre extremes in your cd collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 8:19 pm

The Moody Blues
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: genre extremes in your cd collection   genre extremes in your cd collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 10:41 pm

Mglaffas81 wrote:
juanmiguel wrote:

...... I hurt people :kickbutt:

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: genre extremes in your cd collection   genre extremes in your cd collection - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

genre extremes in your cd collection
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next