Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Yet another Iron Maiden hits package!

Go down 
+9
EvyMetal
thejokeriv
A Handful of Wayne
Required Fields
caniplaywithmadness?
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
TheGooch
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Yet another Iron Maiden hits package! Empty
PostSubject: Yet another Iron Maiden hits package!   Yet another Iron Maiden hits package! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 1:01 pm

Yet another Iron Maiden hits package! WebversionWith the overwhelming success of the current 'Somewhere Back In Time World Tour '08', and the recent No 1 selling DVD 'Live After Death', EMI Records are proud to release a very special album on CD and double picture disc vinyl on 12th May to chart the first decade of the band's extraordinary career. The album celebrates the essence of the current tour by featuring most of the essential tracks from the band's first seven studio albums and one live album, recorded between 1980 and 1989, and is aptly also entitled 'SOMEWHERE BACK IN TIME' (full tracklisting below).

sourse: iron maiden offiical website

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Yet another Iron Maiden hits package!   Yet another Iron Maiden hits package! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 1:05 pm

I love that artwork (they should put that on a T-shirt!), but if you own all the original albums already (like I do), then this looks like it's a completely unnecessary release.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yet another Iron Maiden hits package!   Yet another Iron Maiden hits package! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 1:06 pm

Of course...
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Yet another Iron Maiden hits package!   Yet another Iron Maiden hits package! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 1:07 pm

i am going to buy it for the artwork alone and if course the two live tracks on it

the tracklisting is really good actually but i cant seem to find it
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Yet another Iron Maiden hits package!   Yet another Iron Maiden hits package! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 1:08 pm

apparently it is for younger fans who are not familiar with the early albums

hell i was unfamilair with them as well but i just went and bought them all
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Yet another Iron Maiden hits package!   Yet another Iron Maiden hits package! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 1:10 pm

TheGooch wrote:

the tracklisting is really good actually but i cant seem to find it

Blabbermouth.net to the rescue!!

"Somewhere Back In Time" track listing:

01. Churchill Speech (0.49)
02. Aces High (4.36)
03. 2 Minutes To Midnight (6.00)
04. The Trooper (4.11)
05. Wasted Years (5.06)
06. Children Of The Damned (4.35)
07. The Number of The Beast (4.53)
08. Run To The Hills (3.53)
09. Phantom Of The Opera -- Live (7.21)
10. The Evil That Men Do (4.34)
11. Wrathchild -- Live (3.07)
12. Can I Play With Madness (3.31)
13. Powerslave (6.47)
14. Hallowed Be Thy Name (7.12)
15. Iron Maiden -- Live (4.50)

Two live tracks aren't enough to make me lay out $ for this thing. I have more than enough live Iron Maiden material already.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Yet another Iron Maiden hits package!   Yet another Iron Maiden hits package! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 1:22 pm

i have four iron maiden live albums

i will probably buy it becuase the artwork is awesome

and its a cool track listing
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Yet another Iron Maiden hits package!   Yet another Iron Maiden hits package! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 1:55 pm

Wow! It's about time! Man, we haven't had a compilation CD from Iron Maiden since at least last year! I was starting to think that KISS was going to beat out Maiden for the most compilations CDs and live CDs released.

Nice artwork though.

Last edited by ultmetal on Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yet another Iron Maiden hits package!   Yet another Iron Maiden hits package! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 1:57 pm

Gee, I hope Run to the Hills sounds better on this one!!!

Somebody in the Maiden camp is living well just off compilation sales.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yet another Iron Maiden hits package!   Yet another Iron Maiden hits package! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 1:59 pm

i'm looking only for the mongolian 7" of trooper with eddie as a garbage man in the cover. ultra rare, imposible to find......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yet another Iron Maiden hits package!   Yet another Iron Maiden hits package! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 2:03 pm

syrus wrote:
i'm looking only for the mongolian 7" of trooper with eddie as a garbage man in the cover. ultra rare, imposible to find......

I used to be stationed in Mongolia back in 80's when I was in the Corps. I have 2 of those. What do you have for trade?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yet another Iron Maiden hits package!   Yet another Iron Maiden hits package! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 2:07 pm

nothing that i could give for this 7".....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yet another Iron Maiden hits package!   Yet another Iron Maiden hits package! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 2:09 pm

syrus wrote:
nothing that i could give for this 7".....

My wife says that all the time.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Yet another Iron Maiden hits package!   Yet another Iron Maiden hits package! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 2:17 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Wow! It's about time! Man, we haven't had a compilation CD from Iron Maiden since at least last year! I was starting to think that KISS was going to beat out Maiden for the most compilations CDs and live CDs released.

Nice artwork though.

Dang! That was going to be my response. Guess I should have logged on earlier.
Back to top Go down
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

PostSubject: Re: Yet another Iron Maiden hits package!   Yet another Iron Maiden hits package! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 2:31 pm

cool artwork. i wont be buying tho
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Yet another Iron Maiden hits package!   Yet another Iron Maiden hits package! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 2:44 pm

Nice artwork.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Yet another Iron Maiden hits package!   Yet another Iron Maiden hits package! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 3:44 pm

Wow the artwork is awesome! I'll be buying it even though I have everything already. Im and Iron Maiden/Helloween collector so it'll fit in perfect. I was hoping more for a live album of the tour though not a compilation.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Yet another Iron Maiden hits package!   Yet another Iron Maiden hits package! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 4:22 pm

The artwork is by Derrick Riggs! Maiden needs to bring him back for every album!
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Yet another Iron Maiden hits package!   Yet another Iron Maiden hits package! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 4:31 pm

BORING
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Yet another Iron Maiden hits package!   Yet another Iron Maiden hits package! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 5:43 pm

Nice artwork but they need to Smurf off with the GH crap. They're IRON smurfing MAIDEN after all, we know they can make a strong new album as opposed to regurgitated hits.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Yet another Iron Maiden hits package!   Yet another Iron Maiden hits package! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 8:12 pm

The artwork is fantastic and the track listing is good; and I will certainly buy it- but, I really wish it was a live album compilation of stuff from the tour. Peace.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Yet another Iron Maiden hits package!   Yet another Iron Maiden hits package! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 10:14 pm

ill pass on this one. I got all music (a couple times over actually) so re-hash greatest hits dont get my coin when there is so much new stuff to get...

Alex

PostSubject: Re: Yet another Iron Maiden hits package!   Yet another Iron Maiden hits package! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 12:13 am

They filmed one of the first shows of the tour for another future live dvd release too lol! .

I guess it's cool for the people who are only into their 80's stuff, but they are missing out.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Yet another Iron Maiden hits package!   Yet another Iron Maiden hits package! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 1:09 am

Nice artwork but not worth the price for those of us who have the origional albums. I'll probably just keep the picture on file and maybe print it out as a small poster.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Yet another Iron Maiden hits package!   Yet another Iron Maiden hits package! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 1:11 am

thejokeriv wrote:
The artwork is by Derrick Riggs! Maiden needs to bring him back for every album!

I hear that Riggs got fed up with Maiden a couple of years ago for continuing to rejet some of his ideas and rarely does work for them anymore.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yet another Iron Maiden hits package!   Yet another Iron Maiden hits package! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yet another Iron Maiden hits package!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next