Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard?

Go down 
+40
MetalGuy71
manny
metalinmyveins
INVADERS
HellRaiser
GrandNational
Thrasher73
DeathCult
ThrashedOutCobra33
Stender
SAHB Healer
jstate
TrogDawn
EvyMetal
TheGooch
stepcousin
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
Mordor
James B.
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
mc666
candlemass
rattpoison
A Handful of Wayne
the sentinel
Wargod
XYZ
krokus
spiritoradio
Invader
Chairman_Smith
Tall Tyrion
nevermore
Required Fields
kmorg
Lurideath
sam
tohostudios
Mglaffas81
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard?   The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 2:16 am

Wargod48 wrote:
mc666 wrote:
Cum On Feel The Noise in 1983. i was 5 years old.

Dam I don't remember 5, god I feel old!

Wargod48

The original Slade version wasn't even written yet when we were five years old. You are old.
Back to top Go down
HellRaiser
Metal student
Metal student
HellRaiser

Number of posts : 242

PostSubject: Re: The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard?   The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 2:41 am

mc666 wrote:

This was probably my first too (I don't remember it from '83 - I was born that year) but a couple of years later.

Although it's not heavy metal I LOVED David Lee Roth's 'Just Like Paradise' when it came out. I would have been around 5.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard?   The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 2:44 am

SAHB Healer wrote:
TrogDawn wrote:
"Fire" by THE CRAZY WORLD OF ARTHUR BROWN

The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard? - Page 3 309780

Did they put the rest of the "Fire Poem" on the B-side? The whole thing together is awesome. A lot of people don't know that "Fire" is just part of a longer suite.
Nope, the B-side was "Rest Cure". I wouldn't have the pleasure of hearing the rest of that masterpiece for another 15 years after my initial exposure to his work via that 45. Now, it's an essential album for me. What a Face

SAHB Healer wrote:
p.s.- You still haven't got off your butt and picked up that Writing on the Wall- "Power of the Picts" album have you? As I said it sounds like Arthur Brown singing with Bloodrock or something like that. From 1969.
Was I supposed to? I don't remember that recommendation... surprised

*edit: I just found it via download on a blog, so I'll be spinning it soon! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard?   The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 2:52 am

They issued a lot of unreleased material with their last re-master, so if you happen to hear any of that and like it let me know. I've only heard the Power of the Picts album.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard?   The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 2:56 am

Will do - thanks for the recommend. The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard? - Page 3 309780
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard?   The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 8:07 am

Wargod48 wrote:
mc666 wrote:

Dam I don't remember 5, god I feel old!

Wargod48

Its not just a feeling,you are OLD lol!
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard?   The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 8:56 am

Victim of Changes - Judas Priest
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard?   The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 11:04 pm

I think it would be easy to say something from Kiss or AC/DC, since radio wasn't afraid to play them, but outside of those bands probably sometime in 1983 it would've been the likes of "Bark At The Moon", "Shout At The Devil", "You've Got Another Thing Comin". After hearing these tunes, I asked my dad if I could get some tapes at the time (only being 12, I had no income); he relented by letting me pick a couple of his free choices when signing up for Columbia House. I ended up getting "Bark" and "Shout", and the rest was history.

Long live Metal!!!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard?   The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 9:34 am

AC/DC's Highway to Hell at First Baptist Church of Largo, my life would be forever changed.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard?   The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 10:11 am

Metallica - enter sandman. it was the coolest thing i had ever heard in my life and still is
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard?   The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 11:58 am

It was probably something off of either Quiet Riot's Metal Health album or something off of Def Leppard's Pyromania. At the time of their release, radio was all over these 2 releases and played the singles over and over. While I liked hearing them, it didn't get me interested in heavy metal. I guess I was too young to appreciate it at the time.

Appetite for Destruction was the tape that got me hooked. Specifically It's So Easy and Mr. Brownstone.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard?   The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 5:22 pm

Enter Sandman-Metallica.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard?   The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 5:27 pm

[quote="MetalGuy71"]It was probably something off of either Quiet Riot's Metal Health album or something off of Def Leppard's Pyromania.

Funny you mention Quiet Riot, my sister used to watch this TOP 40 countdown show called Solid Gold, which was truly awful, anyway one day my sister is watching it and who comes on but Quiet Riot lip synching 'Cum on Feel the Noise", that is when you know that metal had crossed over to the mainstream when you have a metal act on Solid Gold. I think that is first metal act I saw on TV (no cable in our area at the time)
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard?   The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 10:01 pm

Soliders Under Command - Stryper
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
YngwieDokkenfan
Metal student
Metal student
YngwieDokkenfan

Number of posts : 112

PostSubject: Re: The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard?   The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 12:09 am

Locomotive Breath by Jethro Tull. Not a metal song by today's standards for sure or even back in the late eighties, but a good guitar driven hard rock tune from a great progressive rock band. Good old Ian Anderson and the boys were responsible for my opening the door back in the late eighties that led to the progressive metal sounds of M.S.G., Yngwie Malmsteen, and Dokken.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard?   The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 1:58 am

Black Sabbath from the We Sold Our Soul For Rock N Roll compilation that a buddy brought over in Jr High and said, "You must listen to this!"

KG
Back to top Go down
AngelRipper16
Metal novice
Metal novice
AngelRipper16

Number of posts : 99

PostSubject: Re: The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard?   The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 1:36 pm

The song "Holy Diver" by Dio. That's the first Heavy Metal song I can remember that I truly loved!
Dio
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard?   The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 2:02 pm

Not exactly "heavy metal", but the first one that came close was "Born To Be Wild" on 45rpm single when I was about 3.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard?   The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3