Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard?

Go down 
+40
MetalGuy71
manny
metalinmyveins
INVADERS
HellRaiser
GrandNational
Thrasher73
DeathCult
ThrashedOutCobra33
Stender
SAHB Healer
jstate
TrogDawn
EvyMetal
TheGooch
stepcousin
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
Mordor
James B.
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
mc666
candlemass
rattpoison
A Handful of Wayne
the sentinel
Wargod
XYZ
krokus
spiritoradio
Invader
Chairman_Smith
Tall Tyrion
nevermore
Required Fields
kmorg
Lurideath
sam
tohostudios
Mglaffas81
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard?   The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 6:50 pm

Cum On Feel The Noise in 1983. i was 5 years old.

Angelcake Adonisus Fox
Metal student
Metal student
Angelcake Adonisus Fox

Number of posts : 162

PostSubject: Re: The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard?   The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 7:44 pm

Alice Cooper's "Feed My Frankenstein", courtesy of the Wayne's World movie. 🤘
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard?   The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 9:12 pm

I could call something that used to be labeled "heavy metal" and youngsters nowadays get too uptight about misrepresenting some genre / sub-genre / and or whatever. Something from Sabbath, either of the first two Zeppelin albums and even Iron Butterfly's "inna-godda-da-vida" or Steppenwolf's "Born To Be Wild" were my first exposure.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard?   The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 9:20 pm

Angelcake Adonisus Fox wrote:
Alice Cooper's "Feed My Frankenstein", courtesy of the Wayne's World movie. 🤘

Classic! 🤘
Back to top Go down
Mordor
Metal student
Metal student
Mordor

Number of posts : 123

PostSubject: Re: The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard?   The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 7:13 am

Sabbath Bloody Sabbath & Number of The Beast....what chance did I have Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofmetal.dk
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard?   The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 9:24 am

Judas Priest's "Headin' out to the Highway"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard?   The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 9:32 am

each dawn i die and then came manilla road.....
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard?   The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 9:41 am

I got into heavy music when I was in grade school in the 1970's. A lot of the kids were listening to the Jackson 5, Bay City Rollers, Shawn Cassidy, Bee Gees, etc. I was listening to Thin Lizzy, Ted Nugent, Aerosmith, and Kiss. I don't know what exactly was the first "song", or even "album" that I had heard though.

I had a neighbor who had two teenagers that use to blast music down the street. I remember hearing Aerosmith one time blaring from his house. I was addicted. That was 1975 I think. I became and Aero-fanatic from that day on. I also discovered Kiss, Thin Lizzy, Black Sabbath and Ted Nugent about that same time.

In the very early 1980's I purchased a record by a band called Judas Priest. The record was only half a dollar. It was "Stained Class" but was in the "Sin after Sin" cover, which is why it was so cheap. However, when I first heard "Exciter" I became a metal fanatic! That was it. Soon after, Priest released "Screaming for Vengeance" and I was a bonafide metalhead. Saxon, Motorhead, Iron Maiden, UFO, etc. all followed soon after.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard?   The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 10:34 am

basically whatever hard rock that was around in 1974-75 like Nazareth, Thin Lizzy, Aerosmith, Kiss, Ted Nugent, Montrose. That was what got me started.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard?   The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 1:00 pm

metallica - enter sandman.

yes i know its SAD but true!

do you like my little pun there
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard?   The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 1:12 pm

TheGooch wrote:

do you like my little pun there

No.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard?   The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 1:21 pm

i know
its rather crap
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard?   The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 4:42 pm

My father said he used to play the hard rockin' stuff like Thin Lizzy, Queen etc. to put us to sleep when we was babies.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard?   The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 5:21 pm

"Fire" by THE CRAZY WORLD OF ARTHUR BROWN

The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard? - Page 2 02892vm8

It was my first 45 back in 1974 (even though it came out in 1968 - the year I was born). I heard it at my cousin's house and as soon as I heard that intro "I am the God of Hellfire, and I bring You..." I was HOOKED. Since I made such a big deal about it, my cousin gave me her 45 and I took it home and played it over and over and over and over on one of these:

The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard? - Page 2 25071qm7

The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard? - Page 2 309780
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard?   The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 7:25 pm

First was Ozzy's Flying High Again and the second was Krokus' Long Stick Goes Boom. All thanks to K-Tel records.
Funny thing is at that young age I thought it was a song about actually flying and the other a song about dynamite.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard?   The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 8:21 pm

the sentinel wrote:
Suite Madam Blue (Styx) I know that most of the song is pretty mid paced, but the end where the guitars are just blaring and the drums are wailing really stuck me in the gut!

I still love that song (a lot).

The first time I really remember hard rock getting my attention was during a roadtrip to the family farm in N. Minnesota. I remember that a lot of Zeppelin and Grand Funk was played, and I thought it was pretty good.
But THE moment when it all became MINE, I rember clear as a bell. I was getting a ride home (I was 14) in my cousin JImmy's 63 Chevy Nova. Smoke on the Water came on the radio. It was raining and the windshield wipers seemed to be keeping Paice (another bad pun) with the music. I was totally hooked from that moment on.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard?   The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 8:23 pm

I havent been even listening to metal for that long but I still cant remember what my first song or band was. I think probably something by Van Halen, Savatage, Petra, Montrose, Daniel Band, Rez Band, Ted Nugent, or Steppenwolf considering my dad used to pump that stuff non stop when I was younger.
Back to top Go down
ThrashedOutCobra33
Metal master
Metal master
ThrashedOutCobra33

Number of posts : 586

PostSubject: Re: The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard?   The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 8:28 pm

Probably Judas Priest's-Turbo Lover
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard?   The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 8:31 pm

TrogDawn wrote:

Did they put the rest of the "Fire Poem" on the B-side? The whole thing together is awesome. A lot of people don't know that "Fire" is just part of a longer suite.

p.s.- You still haven't got off your butt and picked up that Writing on the Wall- "Power of the Picts" album have you? As I said it sounds like Arthur Brown singing with Bloodrock or something like that. From 1969.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard?   The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 9:08 pm

I have no idea, my parents (mainly my mom) listened to a ton of hard rock and early heavy metal.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard?   The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 9:10 pm

SAHB Healer wrote:
TrogDawn wrote:

Did they put the rest of the "Fire Poem" on the B-side? The whole thing together is awesome. A lot of people don't know that "Fire" is just part of a longer suite.

p.s.- You still haven't got off your butt and picked up that Writing on the Wall- "Power of the Picts" album have you? As I said it sounds like Arthur Brown singing with Bloodrock or something like that. From 1969.

That was my best friends favorite album. I've only ever known myself, him, and 2 other of my buddies who really appreciated it though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard?   The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 9:35 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Was it heavy metal? Maybe it was close...."I Was Made For Lovin' You" by KISS. By brother had the 45 in '79.

Thats the first "heavy" song I remember hearing on the radio when I was about 5 years old.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard?   The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 10:04 pm

Can't remember, maybe something by Megadeth or Motorhead, now they are some of my favourite metal bands! 🤘
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard?   The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 10:12 pm

mc666 wrote:
Cum On Feel The Noise in 1983. i was 5 years old.

Dam I don't remember 5, god I feel old!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard?   The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 12:53 am

Probably when I was 11 and my buddy played me the Black Album by Metallica. That was my first metal experience. Can't remember a particular song though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard?   The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The first "Heavy Metal" song you ever heard?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next