Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Answer

Go down 
+15
Getizzyback
nevermore
the sentinel
manny
sam
MetalGuy71
Troublezone
SAHB Healer
brontotex
Tall Tyrion
tohostudios
James B.
Shiney
kethdredd
rattpoison
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

The Answer - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Answer   The Answer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 11:58 pm

MaxleyCrue wrote:
Excellent band!!! Saw them when they opened for Aerosmith last year and they were just as good live as they are on the debut. I waited a long time to get a decently priced re-issue. Rise must be one of the best British debuts for a long, long time. Watch this space! They are going to be massive!

No doubt about it Maxley.

I saw them live last year in a pub in front of maybe 80 people max. It was like seeing Free or Led Zeppelin circa 1968 down at your local.

Best gig i've seen.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: The Answer   The Answer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 7:29 pm

$20 for the one disc for me. I wasn't overtly reminded of any one old band, except for the Marriot influence. However considering the modern production and heaviness of this, I don't really think of it as a Humble Pie or Free or Trapeze redux or anything. The Answer's sound is basic, but they've made it their own I think. If it reminds me of any old band it's one called Orang Utan, who made one very good album with Marroit-like vocals, but that's beside the point. This isn't just another retro rock band, it's the real deal from what I can tell.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: The Answer   The Answer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 12:08 am

SAHB Healer wrote:
This isn't just another retro rock band, it's the real deal from what I can tell.

That's the thing, it's reverent without being stuck in a vain snobby yearning for a bygone era. It's fresh and got spark and belongs in the 00's as much as any other band.

I'm reminded not in sound but the same kinda thing with the criminally overlooked 90's band Collision, it was in love with the 70's but it was fresh and part of the 90's.

The record grows and grows on ya Sahb.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

PostSubject: Re: The Answer   The Answer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 2:32 am

I think it's great already. As much as I like Collision I like this better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Answer   The Answer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 9:02 pm

Their upcoming Never Too Late EP is getting a US release. Sweet!

http://www.theomegaorder.com/s.nl/it.A/id.22198/.f

Samples there, too. 🤘 $5.99 for the EP/DVD or $10.99 for the EP/DVD and a t-shirt. Sweet deal!
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: The Answer   The Answer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 3:14 am

So the Answer were on Letterman a week ago, wish i knew of it at the time, but youtube saves the day again..........

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Answer   The Answer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 3:36 am

Wow! The End got them on Letterman? Guess all those raised prices on their CDs are doing someone some good. Haha.

But seriously, this band is flat out killer! If it were even just the early 90s, they'd be huge. Too bad the music world is so different now. And they got a pretty damn good reaction from the crowd. Normally it's just typical clapping. Those people were shouting and screaming. Pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: The Answer   The Answer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 4:03 am

The Answer is a good cover band.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRShGboZ9cI&feature=related
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Answer   The Answer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 11:34 am

I saw these guys open for AC/DC a few weeks ago and I wasn't overly impressed. I thought they were ok, but nothing that blew me away. The lead singer reminded me of someone from the 70's, but I can't put my finger on it. Maybe my expectations were set a little too high. I liked what I've heard here, so I thought seeing them live would make my nipples twirl like propellers. Unfortunatley, this was not the case.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Answer   The Answer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 11:02 am

Quote :
The lead singer reminded me of someone from the 70's, but I can't put my finger on it.

I got it! Steve Marriott of Humble Pie. The lead singer of The Answer reminds me of Steve Marriott.

That is all. Carry on with the rest of your day.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: The Answer   The Answer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 6:47 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
The lead singer reminded me of someone from the 70's, but I can't put my finger on it.

I got it! Steve Marriott of Humble Pie. The lead singer of The Answer reminds me of Steve Marriott.

That is all. Carry on with the rest of your day.

Spot on, i've been saying it for ages. Throw in a bit of Paul Rodgers as well and Chris Robinson both themselves hugely indebted to Marriott.

Cormac imo is the best white soul shredding rock n' roll vocalist since Steve Marriott.

Here's some prime Marriott for you to compare, it's uncanny really but you couldn't accuse Cormac as being a Marriott knock off either......

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc-9cZ6iu6o
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

PostSubject: Re: The Answer   The Answer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 7:06 pm

I once got dragged kicking and screaming by some girls to see REO Sneezewagon at an outdoor concert, and the opening act was supposed to be Alvin Lee, but he cancelled and they got Humble Pie instead. Nothing against Alvin Lee, but when I found out Humble Pie was there it turned a bad day into a great one. Marriott just kick ass that day.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: The Answer   The Answer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 7:07 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Wow! The End got them on Letterman? Guess all those raised prices on their CDs are doing someone some good. Haha.

But seriously, this band is flat out killer! If it were even just the early 90s, they'd be huge. Too bad the music world is so different now. And they got a pretty damn good reaction from the crowd. Normally it's just typical clapping. Those people were shouting and screaming. Pretty cool.

Was a great performance and reaction, that's probably one of my fave Letterman performances apart from the Vines meltdown and the two times Enuff Z'Nuff were on.

But i think the Answer are one of those rare bands that can break through no matter what the current musical climate is kinda like the Black Crowes who came out of left field and had huge success during when the Metal Years were giving way to Grunge.

They just have to build album after album instead of the sudden hype burn out that kills alot of bands (Jet and the Vines being two examples), look to the way Kings Of Leon have done it like older bands before them. They with their 4th album have just broken really really big after years of steady building, now their like the biggest rock band since Pearl Jam (Well everywhere except ironically the US).
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: The Answer   The Answer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 7:20 pm

I have this disc.

I like it.

I don't think it's "the answer" to any current musical malaise however.

It's good but nothing a gazillion other bands aren't doing IMO.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: The Answer   The Answer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 7:24 pm

BTW,

on a side note, I'm really diggin' the new Towers Of London disc. I don't give a rat's ass about the attitudes of the band, this music rules!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: The Answer   The Answer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 11:20 pm

New single from forthcoming album.......

Great song, and isn't that redhead one of the prettiest things you've seen!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Answer   The Answer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 12:35 am

Outstanding. Can't wait for this album.

And yes, I'd like to touch that chick.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: The Answer   The Answer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 1:56 pm

rattpoison wrote:
New single from forthcoming album.......

Great song, and isn't that redhead one of the prettiest things you've seen!

cool song, and that is one of the best.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: The Answer   The Answer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 7:16 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Outstanding. Can't wait for this album.

I kinda couldn't......i broke down last night and downloaded it. Thing is it's been released in Japan already but Europe and the US have to wait another month or so.

So initial thoughts are that it's great, first thing that hits you is the sound and production. Really big fat dense sound kinda similar to the woofer blowing sound of King's X Dogman. They can't be accused as being 70's revivalists now since no 70's band sounded this big.

Fave songs would be "Comfort Zone" and "Walkin' Mat", the latter of which reminds me of the southern hard rock n' soul of Raging Slab.

Will grow more and more like the first album, but this bands in for the long haul. Totally uplifting soulful hard rock.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Answer   The Answer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 7:34 pm

Okay, now THIS band is right up my alley! YES!

greedy
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The Answer   The Answer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 7:57 pm

I checked this band soley based on rattpoison's recommendation, and I have not been disappointed, excellent band and I have to buy a real copy of the debut album since my friend made me CDR copy, and yes he reminds me of Steve Marriott an artist that I wish was still here.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: The Answer   The Answer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 8:09 pm

Bought the new album Everyday Demons and of course it's a cracker.......although i have been listening to it for a month or so via a leaked download.

Makes me question whether it's better than the debut.......which is a great success for these guys. No second album blues!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: The Answer   The Answer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 10:34 am

I just scored their Never Too Late EP and DVD for free yesterday, but I have yet to give it a spin. Will let y'all know what I think later on. Peace.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: The Answer   The Answer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 6:03 pm

I have the new disc ordered. Just waiting on it's arrival.
Back to top Go down
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: The Answer   The Answer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 8:43 pm

I remember seeing these guys on the DirecTV Channel 101, they were ok, to me
all the songs in that concert were vague christian rock, not mocking that or
anything, just what they reminded me of.

As for the sound, they kinda remind me of the tempo of Tesla, but I will say I think
I like this singer a little better than Jeff Keith. good sound.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Answer   The Answer - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Answer
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next