Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ok read this and answer plz..BASS QUESTION

Go down 
+7
Thrasher73
EvyMetal
DeathCult
Selvmord
caniplaywithmadness?
ultmetal
ThrashedOutCobra33
11 posters
AuthorMessage
ThrashedOutCobra33
Metal master
Metal master
ThrashedOutCobra33

Number of posts : 586

Ok read this and answer plz..BASS QUESTION Empty
PostSubject: Ok read this and answer plz..BASS QUESTION   Ok read this and answer plz..BASS QUESTION Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 4:38 am

I play bass and I can play with my fingers and a pick.. My fingers are kinda short which suxs but i can still do pretty good and pick is easier so im just wonderin what i should do cuz sometimes my fingers get tired and I have been playin for a year and a bit.. so if any1 has any opinions or ideas on either plz help me out
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Ok read this and answer plz..BASS QUESTION   Ok read this and answer plz..BASS QUESTION Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 8:27 am

You might want to PM brontotex and ask him. He's Ultimatum's bassist. Depending on the song he plays with either his fingers or a pick.

ult

Metal master
Metal master
ThrashedOutCobra33

PostSubject: Re: Ok read this and answer plz..BASS QUESTION   Ok read this and answer plz..BASS QUESTION Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 4:36 pm

K thanx will do
Back to top Go down
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

PostSubject: Re: Ok read this and answer plz..BASS QUESTION   Ok read this and answer plz..BASS QUESTION Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 5:30 pm

i play bass and i use fingers 100% of the time but i kinda wish i knew how to use a pick as well coz u can get a cool tone. finger stamina just builds up over time. learn plenty of maiden and it'll loosen your hands up and help build stamina. short fingers don't matter in any way btw
Back to top Go down
ThrashedOutCobra33
Metal master
Metal master
ThrashedOutCobra33

PostSubject: Re: Ok read this and answer plz..BASS QUESTION   Ok read this and answer plz..BASS QUESTION Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 5:35 pm

K will do thanxs man..Ya i didnt really think so cuz my friend plays bass and hes got long f*ckin fingers and I can still play just as good as he does.. and ya i will learn some maiden thanks for the tip
Back to top Go down
Selvmord
Metal student
Metal student
Selvmord

Number of posts : 238

PostSubject: Re: Ok read this and answer plz..BASS QUESTION   Ok read this and answer plz..BASS QUESTION Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 8:02 pm

I always used a pick. I never could get the right sound with just my fingers.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Ok read this and answer plz..BASS QUESTION   Ok read this and answer plz..BASS QUESTION Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 8:25 pm

There was a time when I could not afford to buy picks all the time and I played my guitar with a penny and sometimes a nickel. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
ThrashedOutCobra33
Metal master
Metal master
ThrashedOutCobra33

PostSubject: Re: Ok read this and answer plz..BASS QUESTION   Ok read this and answer plz..BASS QUESTION Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 8:28 pm

I play on my brothers guitar with a dime and its amazingly much easier to do pinch harmonics
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Ok read this and answer plz..BASS QUESTION   Ok read this and answer plz..BASS QUESTION Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 8:33 pm

I know, nickels give chords quite an interesting sound.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Ok read this and answer plz..BASS QUESTION   Ok read this and answer plz..BASS QUESTION Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 3:40 am

I'm a bass player myself, and you just gotta keep practicing. I used to complain about how my fingers hurt, but in due time, I'm playing with all four fingers now. I used to play with a pick, when I first started out, but it just gives the picture that you suck at any other instrument so you play bass. Do you slap at all? I'm still trying to get the hang of that.
Back to top Go down
ThrashedOutCobra33
Metal master
Metal master
ThrashedOutCobra33

PostSubject: Re: Ok read this and answer plz..BASS QUESTION   Ok read this and answer plz..BASS QUESTION Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 9:44 am

Ya im learning to slap I can do it fairly well for just startin to learn its pretty fun to
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ok read this and answer plz..BASS QUESTION   Ok read this and answer plz..BASS QUESTION Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 10:19 am

ThrashedOutCobra33 wrote:
Ya im learning to slap I can do it fairly well for just startin to learn its pretty fun to

By your age, I was a slapping king. Now that I am married I don't slap as much as I used to, but its always a good idea to stay in practice.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Ok read this and answer plz..BASS QUESTION   Ok read this and answer plz..BASS QUESTION Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 2:56 pm

spectrefate wrote:

By your age, I was a slapping king. Now that I am married I don't slap as much as I used to, but its always a good idea to stay in practice.

I never knew you played Bass,Spec Shocked
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: Ok read this and answer plz..BASS QUESTION   Ok read this and answer plz..BASS QUESTION Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 3:39 pm

4-String Fingers 80% Pick 20%
8 & 12 String Pick 100%
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

PostSubject: Re: Ok read this and answer plz..BASS QUESTION   Ok read this and answer plz..BASS QUESTION Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 7:34 pm

DeathCult wrote:
There was a time when I could not afford to buy picks all the time and I played my guitar with a penny and sometimes a nickel. Smile

ZZ Tops Billy Gibbons plays his guitar with a filed down peso
I think thats pretty F-ing cool
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

PostSubject: Re: Ok read this and answer plz..BASS QUESTION   Ok read this and answer plz..BASS QUESTION Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 3:29 am

spectrefate wrote:

I can't believe you just said this. GTFO!
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

PostSubject: Re: Ok read this and answer plz..BASS QUESTION   Ok read this and answer plz..BASS QUESTION Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 3:31 am

On another question - What kind of strings ya'll Masturbassers use?

I use DR Lowriders.
Back to top Go down
hen8
Metal novice
Metal novice
hen8

Number of posts : 20

PostSubject: Re: Ok read this and answer plz..BASS QUESTION   Ok read this and answer plz..BASS QUESTION Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 9:43 pm

i play bass too ,, well i used my fingers .. i am not that good to use a pick ..
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Ok read this and answer plz..BASS QUESTION   Ok read this and answer plz..BASS QUESTION Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 9:51 pm

EvyMetal wrote:
On another question - What kind of strings ya'll Masturbassers use?

I use DR Lowriders.

I have no idea what kind of strings I have. In fact, I don't know anything about my bass. I'll have to check later on what brand it is.
Back to top Go down
hen8
Metal novice
Metal novice
hen8

PostSubject: Re: Ok read this and answer plz..BASS QUESTION   Ok read this and answer plz..BASS QUESTION Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 10:58 pm

i use a d'addario strings ..

any recommendation for strings??
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

PostSubject: Re: Ok read this and answer plz..BASS QUESTION   Ok read this and answer plz..BASS QUESTION Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 11:01 pm

hen8 wrote:

I think that's the kind I use. They sound alright to me.

And dude, you're not Pimp anymore! What happened?
Back to top Go down
hen8
Metal novice
Metal novice
hen8

PostSubject: Re: Ok read this and answer plz..BASS QUESTION   Ok read this and answer plz..BASS QUESTION Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 1:30 am

Schbopo wrote:
hen8 wrote:

I think that's the kind I use. They sound alright to me.

And dude, you're not Pimp anymore! What happened?

dude. my real name is henry so i changed it to hen8 ,, hehe!! well ,, rock - on !!

OT : are you all americans?
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

PostSubject: Re: Ok read this and answer plz..BASS QUESTION   Ok read this and answer plz..BASS QUESTION Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 2:45 am

hen8 wrote:

A lot of us, but not all. There's a few Canadians, a few guys in Europe, maybe 1 or 2 people in South America.
Back to top Go down
hen8
Metal novice
Metal novice
hen8

PostSubject: Re: Ok read this and answer plz..BASS QUESTION   Ok read this and answer plz..BASS QUESTION Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 4:48 am

Schbopo wrote:
hen8 wrote:

A lot of us, but not all. There's a few Canadians, a few guys in Europe, maybe 1 or 2 people in South America.

wow. nice to know. i am from philippines

🤘
Back to top Go down
hen8
Metal novice
Metal novice
hen8

PostSubject: Re: Ok read this and answer plz..BASS QUESTION   Ok read this and answer plz..BASS QUESTION Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 4:49 am

BTT: is there a lot of bassist here in H.O.M.?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ok read this and answer plz..BASS QUESTION   Ok read this and answer plz..BASS QUESTION Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ok read this and answer plz..BASS QUESTION
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: