Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

a personal question for those who want to answer

Go down 
+24
EvyMetal
scottmitchell74
romeolimagolf
Troublezone
juanmiguel
tohostudios
TheGooch
DallasBlack
akeldama
mc666
Thrasher73
Rex
Fat Freddy
James B.
SAHB Healer
thejokeriv
Shiney
Tall Tyrion
DeathCult
kmorg
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
Stender
Martin
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Martin
Metal novice
Metal novice
Martin

Number of posts : 41

a personal question for those who want to answer Empty
PostSubject: a personal question for those who want to answer   a personal question for those who want to answer Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 1:57 pm

I hope you don't mind me asking but I have noticed that there are plenty of people here who are into Christian or White Metal. I know about kmorgs and ultmetal's faith as they speak quite openly about it on their homepages. So I wondered if all the members here believe in god or if there are also some who are just here for the chatting and trading. This is honestly just a seriously meant question and there's absolutely no offence meant. It's just curiosity. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: a personal question for those who want to answer   a personal question for those who want to answer Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 2:15 pm

There are a ton of christians on the board but I think that some people come also just come to chat. When I first signed up I didnt know HOM was managed by christians which was a very cool surprise for me when I found out.

I'm a christian that has a relationship with Jesus Christ and not just a follower of a religion. Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: a personal question for those who want to answer   a personal question for those who want to answer Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 2:39 pm

I don't believe or disbelieve in God. I believe in possibilities. So I'm open to there being a God, or there being just this life. This might bite me in the ass when I die, but that's how I think. I don't go to Church or pray, but I don't fault those that do.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: a personal question for those who want to answer   a personal question for those who want to answer Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 2:39 pm

I think you will find a pretty equal number of Christians to non-Christians here. If you do a search, I think we did a poll about a year ago on this very same topic.

Last edited by ultmetal on Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: a personal question for those who want to answer   a personal question for those who want to answer Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 2:45 pm

I was raised Roman Catholic, but I'm not practicing. I just come here for the music discussions. And pie. Try the peach cobbler SpectreFate made. It's to die for.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: a personal question for those who want to answer   a personal question for those who want to answer Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 2:46 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I just come here for the music discussions. And pie. Try the peach cobbler SpectreFate made. It's to die for.

Have a bite! It just came out of the oven and is hot as balls.

a personal question for those who want to answer Peach_cobbler_step2
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: a personal question for those who want to answer   a personal question for those who want to answer Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 3:14 pm

What ult said.

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: a personal question for those who want to answer   a personal question for those who want to answer Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 6:18 pm

spectrefate wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
I just come here for the music discussions. And pie. Try the peach cobbler SpectreFate made. It's to die for.

Have a bite! It just came out of the oven and is hot as balls.

a personal question for those who want to answer Peach_cobbler_step2

Specs pushing his hair pie again I see.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: a personal question for those who want to answer   a personal question for those who want to answer Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 6:25 pm

Yeah, the cool thing is, all of the Admins are Christians [or in my case, I don't like to be labeled, a follower of Christ's teachings], and some of the mods. So, we have found that alot of new members come in and find a whole world of music they have never heard of. And we don't judge anyone for their personal tastes, faiths, or preference of cobbler [apple rules!].
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: a personal question for those who want to answer   a personal question for those who want to answer Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 6:26 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
or preference of cobbler [apple rules!].

Yankees. Mad
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: a personal question for those who want to answer   a personal question for those who want to answer Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 6:28 pm

I like both apple and peach cobbler.

And yes, I'm a Christian.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: a personal question for those who want to answer   a personal question for those who want to answer Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 6:30 pm

Pretty much any cobblers good in my book.

I believe in God and such, but like Sax says, I dont use the Christian label either.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: a personal question for those who want to answer   a personal question for those who want to answer Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 6:32 pm

I believe in God...and that Jesus is His son.

I believe there is a personal relationship between they and I and that is all that matters...not what others think...or how they think the worship thing need be done..

In the end all that matters is what has transpired in THAT relationship...

And it's all about CHERRY Cobbler...and I'm a baker...

PostSubject: Re: a personal question for those who want to answer   a personal question for those who want to answer Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 6:35 pm

I have a belief in God, but am not a church goer at all. I pray now and then.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: a personal question for those who want to answer   a personal question for those who want to answer Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 6:36 pm

I'll agree with cherry cobbler.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: a personal question for those who want to answer   a personal question for those who want to answer Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 6:43 pm

Saxon - I like your take , a follower of Christ's teachings - I'm going to steal that from you Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: a personal question for those who want to answer   a personal question for those who want to answer Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 6:57 pm

Thou shalt not steal. j/k

And Cherry is pretty damn good, but I seriously love apple ANYTHING.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: a personal question for those who want to answer   a personal question for those who want to answer Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 6:59 pm

Quote :
Yankees.
Forgotten your roots in that sun?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: a personal question for those who want to answer   a personal question for those who want to answer Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 7:06 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:

Forgotten your roots in that sun?

West Virginia is the beginning of the South. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: a personal question for those who want to answer   a personal question for those who want to answer Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 7:11 pm

I think I've said this before, but...I believe in swordfish.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: a personal question for those who want to answer   a personal question for those who want to answer Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 7:49 pm

I believe in Joanie loves Crotchie.

It never gets old!
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: a personal question for those who want to answer   a personal question for those who want to answer Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 7:56 pm

I like this board because it seems like here Christian music is well integrated. On other boards it seems to be either emphasized or ignored. Here we can discuss it intelligently without people getting bent out of shape one way or the other.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: a personal question for those who want to answer   a personal question for those who want to answer Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 8:15 pm

apple cobbler.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: a personal question for those who want to answer   a personal question for those who want to answer Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 8:35 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
I believe in Joanie loves Crotchie.

It never gets old!
lol!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: a personal question for those who want to answer   a personal question for those who want to answer Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 8:37 pm

SAHB Healer wrote:
I like this board because it seems like here Christian music is well integrated. On other boards it seems to be either emphasized or ignored. Here we can discuss it intelligently without people getting bent out of shape one way or the other.

Totally agree - christian metal isn't cut down and metal isn't labeled as "the devil's music"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: a personal question for those who want to answer   a personal question for those who want to answer Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

a personal question for those who want to answer
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next