Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Comp. Swap III: Share The Love - THE PAIRINGS

Go down 
+6
sovdat
scottmitchell74
KissinMaiden
ultmetal
Required Fields
Shiney
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Comp.  Swap III: Share The Love - THE PAIRINGS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comp. Swap III: Share The Love - THE PAIRINGS   Comp.  Swap III: Share The Love - THE PAIRINGS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2007 5:43 pm

Got this from Saxon!

1. United - Bite Yourself
2. Lip Cream - Rudimental Truth
3. Casbah - Desperate War
4. City Indian - Mad Sister
5. Saber Tiger - Emergency Express, love Saber Tiger have most!
6. Ghoul - Flash Back
7. Bad Messiah - Steady Dog
8. Damzell - Black Chapell
9. Gargoyle - Crazy Sadism
10. United - Suck Your Bone
11. Crowley - Kings Evil, have this already.
12. Eliza - Heart Break
13. Unknown Artists - Kill Yourself
14. Mazeran - Take Me Away
15. Doom - Doom's Day
16. Shell Shock - Through The Night
17. X - No Connexion
18. Jurassix Jade - The Old Kingdom Of Hell
19. Ground Zero - Victim Of King
20. Rose Rose - There's No Realism

All are Japanese metal bands, some of the quality as he stated lacked but for the most part I like them. And I do have some.

He did send 2 cdrs but haven't heard the other yet I will this weekend and hopefully post what they were!

Wargod48

NP: Sanctity - Road To Bloodshed
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: Comp. Swap III: Share The Love - THE PAIRINGS   Comp.  Swap III: Share The Love - THE PAIRINGS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2007 11:53 am

Got my comp for locky ill be sending it around monday/tues Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Comp. Swap III: Share The Love - THE PAIRINGS   Comp.  Swap III: Share The Love - THE PAIRINGS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2007 1:01 pm

KissinMaiden wrote:
Got my comp for locky ill be sending it around monday/tues Smile

Sorry Bossman,here's the tracklists for the CDs, I forgot to print them out before sending the CDs.

Tracklist CD 1

Band - Track - Album

Britny Fox - Pain - Springhead Motorshark
Blistered Earth - Among the Legacy - All Thrashed Up
Heretic - Heretic - Breaking Point
Great Kat - Metal Messiah - Worship Me or Die
Cyclone - Long to Hell - Brutal Destruction
Blind Illusion - Blood Shower - The Sane Asylum
Crimson Glory - Azreal - Crimson Glory
Dreamtale - World's Child - Difference
Sadus - Hands of Fate - Illusion
Emerald - Hard to be True - Calling the Knights
Raven & UDO - Born to be Wild - All for One
Tigertailz - Wazbones - Wazbones
White Skull - Born to be wild North Italy - Embittered
Iron Maiden - Sheriff of Huddersfield - The Singles Collection
Holy Mother - Halloween - Criminal Afterlife
Impelliteri - Anti Social - Faster than the Speed of Light
Dirty Cowboys - Stop Wasting my Time - Rode Hard and Put up Wet
Motorhead - Enter Sandman - Coverhead
Thunderhead - Young and Useless - Killing with Style
U.D.O - 24/7 -

Tracklist CD 2

Band - Track - Album

Fifth Angel - In the Fallout - Fifth Angel
Riot - Thundersteel - Thundersteel
Vanden Plas - Healing Tree - Beyond Daylight
Detritus - No Mercy - Perpetual Defiance
Faith or Fear - Punishment Area - Punishment Area
Grave Digger - Rebellion - Tunes of War
Starwood - If it ain't Broke, Break it - If it ain't Broke, Break it
Stormzone - Crying in the Rain - Caught in the Act
Europe - In the Future to Come - Europe
Messiah's Kiss - The Ancient Cross - Dragonheart
Azreal's Bane - Shine - Wings of Innocence
Bang Tango - Untied and True - Dancin' on Coals
ABCD - Jackpot Bingo - Rock N' Roll Devil
Pretty Vacent - Pretty Vacent - Pretty Vacent
Sacred Rite - Revelation - Rites of Passage Vol. 1
Mob Rules - Meet you in Heaven - Among the Gods
Motley Crue - Kickstart my Heart (Demo) - Dr. Feelgood Demos
Bonus Track, just for U !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Comp. Swap III: Share The Love - THE PAIRINGS   Comp.  Swap III: Share The Love - THE PAIRINGS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2007 2:57 pm

I got Sovdat's today and I'm listening to it right now. I'll give it a few spins and then review in a couple days!!🤘
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: Comp. Swap III: Share The Love - THE PAIRINGS   Comp.  Swap III: Share The Love - THE PAIRINGS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2007 2:27 pm

Cool, yours probably arrived this week as well, but I can't tell it for sure till friday Sad
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28436

PostSubject: Re: Comp. Swap III: Share The Love - THE PAIRINGS   Comp.  Swap III: Share The Love - THE PAIRINGS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 2:25 pm

I got my CD in the mail today from Shiney. Thanks. It's quite good.

1. Kinetic Dissent - Cults of Unreason: Pretty cool prog metal song...
2. deadhorse - Rock Lobster: This song was quite amusing.
3. Scanner - Warp 7: Very good power metal song.
4. Thought Industry - Third Eye: I liked this one. Catchy prog.
5. Darklin Reach - Addiction: I need to give this another listen.
6. Kublai Khan - Mongrel Horse: Decent speed metal.
7. Porcelain God - The Parching: I need to give this another listen before forming a full opinion.
8. Formicide - Them: See above.
9. Powersurge - Engine Rail: It's alright, I guess.
10. Shok Paris - Find a Way Out: I actually was looking for MP3s of this band recently, coincidentally. The drummer died on the weekend Sad. I will be checking out more of their stuff. Smile
11. Aversion - Go My Way: A good song.
12. Panic - 911: I had heard this song before. Typical early 90s thrash song in the vein of Overkill/Exodus (actually, the H-Team produced their first album, Epidemic)
13. EZO - Desiree: I recognized the name, although I had never listened to them. It sounded very 80s, and a bit more punkish than I was expecting.
14. Dementia - Say Your Prayers: A very good song.
15. Acid Bath - New Corpse: I think I need to give this another listen.
16. Rigor Mortis - Foaming at the Mouth: I recognized this song from the Hulk Hogan movie Mr. Nanny. Great song.
17. Tribuzy - Lake of Sins: Good song. It reminds me of Queensrÿche for some reason.
18. Lord Tracy - Piranha: Not an Exodus cover, but some humorous.
19. Fifth Angel - The Night: A cool power metal song to close off the album.

I didn't get to listen to the Reign CD you sent me yet, though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: Comp. Swap III: Share The Love - THE PAIRINGS   Comp.  Swap III: Share The Love - THE PAIRINGS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2007 8:02 am

i got yours lockys and I sent yours yesterday. Sorry for the delay and ill list your comp later ;D
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Comp. Swap III: Share The Love - THE PAIRINGS   Comp.  Swap III: Share The Love - THE PAIRINGS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2007 9:06 am

this is what i got frm REQUIRED FIELDS:

1.) "Future World" (SCREAMER) cool song..always wanted to hear this band!
2.) "Tortured Skull" (RAZOR) nice!!!
3.) "Suppression" (OVERTHROW) this one skipped so I couldn't listen to it fully but it seems cool.
4.)"Tyrannicide" (HELSTAR) I love HELSTAR!!!
5.) "Immune"- LETHAL (never heard these guys. good stuff!
6.)"Play With Fire" (ARIA) not to shabby.
7.) "Lonely" (CRIMSON GLORY) have this songon their cd...killer!!
8.)"Fiction Of Veracity" (OBLIVEON) cool song....
9.)"Sausage Party" (PINK STEEL) wtf?!? this is atrocious...the music is okay but the vocals are horrid and...just an awful tune.
10.) "Lethal Tendencies" (HALLOWS EVE) great song!!!
11.) "Marshall Law" (OBSESSION) cool song...
12.) "take Me Out to The Ball game" (OZZY) I was afraid that PINK STEEL would have the dubious honor of being the only song I didn't like on this comp...now they have a friend. Not bad just silly...a minute and a half of OZZY slurring and mumbling his way through a verse of one of the most well known songs ever...ad he doesn't know the words...
13.) "Only Death decides" (EXODUS) Love this tune!!
14.) Buried Alive" (RIOT) Loved this as well...so much in fact that I rused over to LALA and added it to my wants right away..

final verdict: aside from the 2 songs I blasted it's a great comp disc. mostly power metal or thrash...excellent....
thanks!!

PostSubject: Re: Comp. Swap III: Share The Love - THE PAIRINGS   Comp.  Swap III: Share The Love - THE PAIRINGS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2007 2:20 pm

KissinMaiden wrote:
i got yours lockys and I sent yours yesterday. Sorry for the delay and ill list your comp later ;D

No problem mate
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Comp. Swap III: Share The Love - THE PAIRINGS   Comp.  Swap III: Share The Love - THE PAIRINGS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2007 1:45 pm

Sovdat sent me mine. Here's the review:

Hades - The Leaders - Starts of with a Slayer-ish riff and then settles into a speed metal fest. Pretty good song. Vocals are the higher but no too high with some screaming/soaring. I like it!

Pegazus - Cry Out - Excellent Powermetal from Australia. Never heard these guys. I love powermetal and this does the trick!

Graven Image - No Rest For The Wicked - This is decent regular metal from 1984. I know Sovdat loves these guys, but I keep thinking "Holy Diver came out the year before" It's not bad, just not up to Dio, Maiden and others of the time. Sorry Sovdat!

Living Death - Last Birthday - Now this is GREAT!! You guys are gonna make a thrasher out of me yet. Fast, catchy, gang vocals, romping thrash! I love this one. One of my favorites on this comp!!

Kublai Khan - Mongrel Horde - This is decent...not bad - more thrash in a very romping style that I like. Don't know exactly how to describe it. I bet after a few more listens this will grow...

Gorefest - Soul Survivor - (I'm guessing this is a cover tune) It's very good. A catchy song that sticks. The vocalist sounds like he's drowning in mucous, but beyond that it's good!!

Gothic Slam - Thunder and Lightning - A Thin Lizzy cover....This is good... very good. Well done and fun! Great song!

Slauter Xstroyes - Winter Kill - This is the first "skipper" on the comp...just not doing it for me?!?!

Angel Dust - To Dust You Will Decay - More thrash here...decent....nothing to get excited about. Vocals were a bit thin sounding to me....maybe a production issue??

I asked Sovdat to let me hear some Slovenian bands...so these next ones are just that!

Negligence - Places Of Dawn - WOW!! Slayer...it has to be early Slayer -especially vocally!! It's good though! No shame in being a Slayer worshipper if you're good at it. At points this sounds like their own stuff...a little different than Slayer at points. It's good, though, and I've no complaints!

Pomaranca - Madbringer - Sovdat says this is the first Slovenian heavy metal band. Not bad!! Some organ thrown into the mix. Good early metal sounding band...I like it

Metalsteel - Svoboda - A Slovenian language song....and it rocks! One of the best on the comp! It has a mid so slow tempo groove but it's crunchy and tight. This is a talented band. Good pick...

Whisper - Terminator - I'm pretty sure these are female vocals. Lots of keys and vocal harmonies. This isn't bad at all. Good song. This came off a demo - so not a bad start. Melodic Metal...something to look for in the future

Sarcasm - Road Warriors - Slovenian thrash metal...it's very good. I like the bass, especially, it stands out and is done well. This is a romping song that keeps up the pace

Crossbreed - Metal Never Dies - I'm not usually a big instrumental guy - but this one is very good!! Doubly so because it's all one guy. Sovdat explains that there's no vocals because one couldn't be found. This artist is clearly talented!

Kazjurol - Stage dive to Hell - Finishing off with a very fast thrash song. This is definately right in the Slayer school of thrash. Very good, fast and punk-ish sounding as well, I'd say.

Well, good job, my friend. EVERY song was new to me and only one skipper in the lot. Some GREAT songs are here to be found. Thanks for making this. My thrash journey continues!!!
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: Comp. Swap III: Share The Love - THE PAIRINGS   Comp.  Swap III: Share The Love - THE PAIRINGS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2007 5:58 pm

hehe Smile No, Soul Survivor isn't a cover song, in fact, it is a title track of their full length. Yours probably arrived this week!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Comp. Swap III: Share The Love - THE PAIRINGS   Comp.  Swap III: Share The Love - THE PAIRINGS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2007 4:10 pm

KissinMaiden :

your CDs came today, can you send on that tracklist please, cheers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Comp. Swap III: Share The Love - THE PAIRINGS   Comp.  Swap III: Share The Love - THE PAIRINGS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2007 12:38 pm

So has this one died a horrible death ? I can't get the tracklistings that I need for the CDs and feck all seems to be happening with other members.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Comp. Swap III: Share The Love - THE PAIRINGS   Comp.  Swap III: Share The Love - THE PAIRINGS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2007 5:39 pm

Here is what I got from Eyesore over the weekend:

1.)"Who Do Yo Think You Are"- BOMBAY BLACK (pretty solid modern tinged metal with big 80's style vocals.)

2.) "Shotgun City"- OVERLOAED (This song is killer...shrill 80's vocals floating somewhere between 80's hair metal and lighter power metal...Lovede it so much I spent an hour on the web tracking down more of their material)

3.) "Hellfire"- CANNON (cool old school metal with very UDO-esque vocals)

4.) "Break Out"- BROTHER FIRETRIBE (cool song with an 80's flair..Ken knows what Shiney likes and he stuffed my mix ful of it!!!!)

5.)" New King In Town"- RAZORBACK (Cool tune!!!!)

6.) "Not The Only One"- AMSTERDAM (Sleazy glammish metal as it should be!)

7.) "Sails"- LEVERAGE (Okay song...a little blah but nothing I can't tolerate)

8.) "Instinct Animal"- CHRIS LANEY (very cool hard rock/metal tune...nice husky vocals and killer guitar!!!)

9.) "Billie"- MISS CRAZY (nice moder sleaze metal...geat vocals!!)

10.) "Mind Control"- POWER PROJECT (not too bad)

11.) "Confesson" - HYDROGYN (pretty good musically not a fan of the vocals...but Ilookedthem up and that chick is hot!!!!)

12.) "The Touch"- TRIXIE (Killer hair metal/ glam)

13.) "Fight For Your Life"- THE FORCE (couldn't get into this much..not sure why...I'l give it another try later)

14.) "Restless Eyes"- KIDD BLUE (nice solid hair metal...weak production hinders it a litle but not alot!)

15.) Eyes of the Mind" - FRANK HANNON (cool NUGENT-esque tune from this dude)

16.) "Only Human" - SICK TRIGGER (okay song....)

17.) "I'm Fighting For You" - RONNIE BORCHERT (Nice!!!!!)

18.) "Shadows"- THE POODLES (not a bad sog but the worst band name I've heard in a while)

19.) "Three Towers" (solid proggy metal tune...nice stuff!!!

Overall: Great mix that is steeped in the styles I like...

Now Ken...how about reviewing the one I sent you.....Smile

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Comp. Swap III: Share The Love - THE PAIRINGS   Comp.  Swap III: Share The Love - THE PAIRINGS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2007 2:59 pm

Quote :
Shadows"- THE POODLES (not a bad sog but the worst band name I've heard in a while)

I think it a fun name. It's of course a tonuge-in-cheek referance to the fact that most people here in Scandinavia refers to hair metal as poodle rock! This band is from Sweden, and they are VERY talented, with mebers from Talisman for example. They also entered the Swedish finals of the Eurovision Song Contest, and came in third, I think.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Comp. Swap III: Share The Love - THE PAIRINGS   Comp.  Swap III: Share The Love - THE PAIRINGS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 1:23 pm

Got mine from ultmetal today. Will write a review soon!

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Comp. Swap III: Share The Love - THE PAIRINGS   Comp.  Swap III: Share The Love - THE PAIRINGS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 2:15 pm

KMORG's COMP
Straight To Hell 4:30 Flotsam & Jetsam
Stealing E.T. 4:11 Rumpelstiltskin Grinder B
Lucifer's Inferno 3:10 Hirax Assassins Of War
Hell Unleashed 4:56 Nasty Savage
Stick Your Knife 5:52 Mandator
Annihilation Of Civilization 4:17 EvilDead
Lines Of Horror 6:03 Aftermath
Revolution 8:07 Accuser
Who Died And Made You God? 4:32 Gothic Slam
Killing Machine 3:11 Living Death
Chaos&Brutality 3:34 Hirax
Good Morning 3:18 Exodus
Psychoradio 4:19 Wild Dogs
Crash Bang Wallop 3:04 Raven
Retreat 6:43 Marshall Law
Blood & Iron 3:51 Cirith Ungol

I think that was it.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Comp. Swap III: Share The Love - THE PAIRINGS   Comp.  Swap III: Share The Love - THE PAIRINGS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 2:22 pm

Yeah, just like on the first page of this thread... Razz

Now, review the 2 I sent you! Very Happy

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Comp. Swap III: Share The Love - THE PAIRINGS   Comp.  Swap III: Share The Love - THE PAIRINGS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 2:52 pm

Not yet. I have 'em here at work and have listened to the covers disc a couple times over. Of course you know I am a sucker for covers, so I loved it. Will give a track by track ASAP.

ult

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Comp. Swap III: Share The Love - THE PAIRINGS   Comp.  Swap III: Share The Love - THE PAIRINGS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2007 3:32 pm

Here is a write-up of the com pilation ultmetal sent me:

Straight To Hell 4:30 Flotsam & Jetsam

Opening the ball with a solid thrasher. Not exactly a shocker, eh? Great tune, F&J sounds a bit more modern, but at the same time they keep the thrash legacy alive.

Stealing E.T. 4:11 Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

More thrash!! This time with a little death mixed in? Reminds me of Dark Angel for some reason, but not so technical. Good track, nothing more, nothing less.

Lucifer's Inferno 3:10 Hirax

What do you know? MORE THRASH!!!!!! Hirax are awesome, and they keep reminding me of that fact!!! But why do I get a Bobby Blitz vibe from the vocals? Never did that before....

Hell Unleashed 4:56 Nasty Savage

Never heard this band before, other then the song Powergod covered. Mn, this is some solid thrash metal too (see a pattern here? Very Happy ) Must check out more from this band!

Stick Your Knife 5:52 Mandator

This I'm sort of familiar with. Another thrash band that needs more of my attention. They remind me of a kore German sounding Metallica (early years).

Annihilation Of Civilization 4:17 EvilDead

I have this gem downloaded, but need to get the actual CD. GREAT thrash metal (what else?).

Lines Of Horror 6:03 Aftermath

Where the heck did this some from? I was familiar with a Finnish band with this name, but apparently they are not the same. This is absolutely killer speed metal!!! I WANT MORE!!!

Revolution 8:07 Accuser

More.... yes, you guessed it: THRASH. Accuser are more technical, and a little harder to get into. Good schtuff though.

Who Died And Made You God? 4:32 Gothic Slam

"A new Overkill track?" was my first though. Man, I had forgotten about this cool band. A friend of mine have it on vinyl, and we used to crank it as a new release. Must ad it to the ol' wantlist!

Killing Machine 3:11 Living Death

More thrash metal from my youth. Yet another band I haen't heard sonve the late 80's!

Chaos&Brutality 3:34 Hirax

Again, you can't go wrong with Hirax!!

What is this? Sounds like a demo. Weird track... It's Exodus though!!!

Psychoradio 4:19 Wild Dogs

First non-thrash track! Well, they do have some thrash metal in their blood. This is fist-banging, neck snapping, heavy metal! Motörhead meets Raven meets THRASH! Cool tune!

Crash Bang Wallop 3:04 Raven

Hey, I was just mentioning these guys. I bet you can't believe that I've never owned a Raven album! About time I remedy that perhaps? I guess you all know them, so I am the only one not familiar with this track.

Retreat 6:43 Marshall Law

A cool power metal band I've not heard of before. Marshall Law is right up my alley there days, frolicing through power metal and speed metal bands from the US (or having that US metal sound).

Blood & Iron 3:51 Cirith Ungol

Yeah, yeah, I know, this band is legendary, and they are not (yet) featured on my site. Well, 'Frost & Fire' is in the collection, so I'm not a lost cause just yet....

PostSubject: Re: Comp. Swap III: Share The Love - THE PAIRINGS   Comp.  Swap III: Share The Love - THE PAIRINGS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2007 8:12 pm

I would totally do this...feel free to toss me in the next drawing--I'm going to try to stick around here a little more.

)+(
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Comp. Swap III: Share The Love - THE PAIRINGS   Comp.  Swap III: Share The Love - THE PAIRINGS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2007 10:24 pm

Quote :

What is this? Sounds like a demo. Weird track... It's Exodus though!!!

It's a cover of an old Blackfoot song. Great song. This is a rare
b-side track that was released as a b-side on a cassette single only.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Comp. Swap III: Share The Love - THE PAIRINGS   Comp.  Swap III: Share The Love - THE PAIRINGS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2007 3:01 pm

1 of 2 of Kmorg's comps:

1. S.O.D. - Rock You Like A Hurricane
This is one I've heard before. Pretty darned funny. "You're bald!"

2. Tarot - Mama
Killer metallic cover of one of Genesis' more well known pop rock songs. Of course I'm a big Genesis fan to begin with, so liking this cover is a no brainer.

3. Tankard - Son of A smurfette
ACCEPT BABY!!! Great cover of one mean metal song.

4. Jorn - Burn
Wow!!! I want this CD kmorg. Checked your site and that CD is something I need to get. Great cover. Nice vocals.

5. Sodom - I'm a Rebel
Another classic German thrash band covering Accept. This one is off the same tribute CD as the Tankard song above.

6. Agent Steel - Beyond the Realms of Death
A bonified classic here! A great cover of an already great song.

7. Jorn - Naked City
Obscure and classic choice from the Kiss catalog. Nice! See comments on "Burn" above.

8. The Iron Maidens - Children of the Damned
Ultimatum guitarist Robert Gutierrez is really into these gals. I'd love to see 'em live. A good cover and a nice choice as it's a song not usually covered.

9. Agent Steel - Sweet Leaf
Another great cover from Agent Steel. I have this one on a Black Sabbath tribute. From what I remember, it was the best song on the entire tribute.

10. The Iron Maidens - Revelations (Live)
Do these gals have a CD out? Where did these tracks come from kmorg?

11. Jorn - Cold Sweat
Anyone that would cover Thin Lizzy is alright in my book. This is a classic song and a good cover. Of course none can ever be as good as the original, but this one comes close.

12. Agent Steel - Demons Night
Another Accept cover, and yet another excellent job by Agent Steel.

13. Jorn - The Day the Earth Caught Fire
City Boy, a band I am not familiar with. Good song. Great vocals. Need to hear the original someday. Outstanding production too.

14. Luca Turilli - I'm Alive
Helloween!!! What did this song come off of kmorg?

15. Sacrificium - White Throne
VENGEANCE RISING!!! Someone needs to put together a collection of all the great VR covers and release "Human Sacrifice" with all these great covers. (Ultimatum's "Burn" included)

16. Jorn - Perfect Strangers
Great song and once again an excellent vocal performance by Jorn. Ian Gillan is one of my favorites, but Jorn does an admirable job filling his shoes here.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Comp. Swap III: Share The Love - THE PAIRINGS   Comp.  Swap III: Share The Love - THE PAIRINGS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2007 3:18 pm

Glad you got a kick out of the comp, ult.

Yeah, you need the Jorn albums!!

Ueah, The Iron Maidens hae a CD out. Check them out at MySpace, and BUY THE CD!

The Luca Turilli track is from an EP called Demonheart.

PostSubject: Re: Comp. Swap III: Share The Love - THE PAIRINGS   Comp.  Swap III: Share The Love - THE PAIRINGS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2007 3:29 pm

When is the next round ? this was dreadful for me, I couldn't get a tracklist for the CDs I recieved so it was wasted really, and my CDs I sent weren't reviewed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Comp. Swap III: Share The Love - THE PAIRINGS   Comp.  Swap III: Share The Love - THE PAIRINGS - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Comp. Swap III: Share The Love - THE PAIRINGS
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next