Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

your dream bootleg

Go down 
+6
James B.
DeathCult
scottmitchell74
Fat Freddy
DallasBlack
rattpoison
10 posters
AuthorMessage

your dream bootleg Empty
PostSubject: your dream bootleg   your dream bootleg Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 1:24 am

If there was one dream bootleg you could get (real or fantasy), what would would it be?

Mine would be everything left over from AC/DC's Back in Black sessions, particularly unreleased songs and the complete version (with the outro solo) of "Back in Black" (this was the album that changed my life a little over 4 years ago and turned me into a rock'n'roll/metal fanatic).
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

your dream bootleg Empty
PostSubject: Re: your dream bootleg   your dream bootleg Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 2:19 am

The second unreleased Hangmen album that was shelved by Capitol in the early 90's that was produced by Rob Younger (Radio Birdman). I seriously would do anything to get my hands on that.

Also the second Electric Angels album that was never released.

Last edited by rattpoison on Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

your dream bootleg Empty
PostSubject: Re: your dream bootleg   your dream bootleg Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 9:34 am

Any one of those Dream Theater bootlegs that were only availiable to fan club members in small quantities through YtseJam records. It's funny, Portnoy is the only member of Dream Theater who tolerates bootlegs (LaBrie, Petrucci, and Myung have all voiced opposition to them).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37853

your dream bootleg Empty
PostSubject: Re: your dream bootleg   your dream bootleg Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 1:53 pm

My "dream bootlegs" are all shows I personally attended, I'd love to have copies of some of these because they'd bring back some killer metal memories...

The big one I'd like to have is a bootleg video of the Scatterbrain show I was at in New York City in January of 1992. Why a video? Because that show was the one and only time I ever did a stage dive and I'd love to have that captured on tape so I can show my kids how stupid their Daddy was when he was younger. Laughing

Either that or the Fight show I saw in Asbury Park in the Fall of '93 when they were touring for the WAR OF WORDS album... because I have never EVER heard Rob Halford in better voice, before or since, and the band crushed as well.

And speaking of great performances, I'd like to have a boot of Megadeth from when I saw them opening for Judas Priest's PAINKILLER tour in 1990. It was the legendary RUST IN PEACE 'Deth lineup at the absolute top of their game, they damn near blew Priest off the stage that night!! That show turned me from a casual Megadeth fan who only owned one of their albums, into a diehard follower who HAD to own everything they ever released!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

your dream bootleg Empty
PostSubject: Re: your dream bootleg   your dream bootleg Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 2:12 pm

mY dream bootleg would probably be The man and The Journey by Pink Floyd. I've read about it on some sites, and I heard it's like impossible to find.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

your dream bootleg Empty
PostSubject: Re: your dream bootleg   your dream bootleg Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 2:15 pm

I don't know. don\'t know
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

your dream bootleg Empty
PostSubject: Re: your dream bootleg   your dream bootleg Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 5:29 pm

Not neccessairly a bootleg, but I would love to see a remaster of Born Again with "The Fallen" added in and a live show (particularly the phila. one from '84) as a 2nd disc
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12754

your dream bootleg Empty
PostSubject: Re: your dream bootleg   your dream bootleg Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 7:28 pm

I still have alot of Zeppelin and Floyd live bootlegs from the early to mid 70's. The quality of most is basicily what they were, a record made from a tape recorder in some chicks purse. Two that I wish I still possessed that were never gotten back from a friend was "Dark Side of the Moo", a Floyd show from Animals tour and "Going to California" by Zeppelin which was from 75' I believe ? maybe 74' > Bothe were sound board recordings.

Laterz
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

your dream bootleg Empty
PostSubject: Re: your dream bootleg   your dream bootleg Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 8:29 pm

My dream bootleg (one I'd give my lefte nut for it) is the first Gigantour in Dallas/Ft. Worth just for Dream Theater's encore. They did Cemetary Gates with Russel Allen (Symphony X) doing the first verse, Burton C. Bell (Fear Factory) did the second verse, Dave Mustaine (Megadeth-duh!) did the guitar solo [slight feedback almost ruinied it but it was a small hiccup] and James LaBrie did the screams at the end [picture perfect]. headbanger headbanger headbanger headbanger headbanger
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

your dream bootleg Empty
PostSubject: Re: your dream bootleg   your dream bootleg Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 10:21 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
My dream bootleg (one I'd give my lefte nut for it) is the first Gigantour in Dallas/Ft. Worth just for Dream Theater's encore. They did Cemetary Gates with Russel Allen (Symphony X) doing the first verse, Burton C. Bell (Fear Factory) did the second verse, Dave Mustaine (Megadeth-duh!) did the guitar solo [slight feedback almost ruinied it but it was a small hiccup] and James LaBrie did the screams at the end [picture perfect]. headbanger headbanger headbanger headbanger headbanger

You don't need a bootleg for that. That "Cemetery Gates" performance was included on the first Gigantour DVD. I forget if it was part of the main program or included as a bonus feature on the second DVD, but it was definitely on there (I borrowed the DVD from a buddy when it first came out and I remember watching that clip).

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

your dream bootleg Empty
PostSubject: Re: your dream bootleg   your dream bootleg Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 1:53 am

I could go for Dream Theater's Majesty Demos, which is already out on YsteJam.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

your dream bootleg Empty
PostSubject: Re: your dream bootleg   your dream bootleg Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 2:47 am

There is a garbled issue of the unrealeased third Lone Star album (the 70's band with former or future UFO and Uriah Heep members). I love the song "Skytrain" from that, but the sound is just off some old worn out cassette or something. It's almost unlistenable. I'd love for somebody to find a clean tape of those sessions. Maybe someday they can clean stuff like that up with computers?...
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

your dream bootleg Empty
PostSubject: Re: your dream bootleg   your dream bootleg Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 7:09 am

The recording sessions of The Glorious Boredem (by Iced Earth) with Matt Barlow on vocals would be pretty interesting.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

your dream bootleg Empty
PostSubject: Re: your dream bootleg   your dream bootleg Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 8:25 am

Smindas wrote:
The recording sessions of The Glorious Boredem (by Iced Earth) with Matt Barlow on vocals would be pretty interesting.

Now that you mention that, that would be cool to hear.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

your dream bootleg Empty
PostSubject: Re: your dream bootleg   your dream bootleg Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 10:19 am

This may sound selfish but I would have liked to have heard what ONCE DEAD would have released as a studio album with Larry Farkas, Doug Thieme, Glenn Rogers, Jim Chaffin, Angelo Espino and myself. I actually did sing on a rough demo. I doubt that song will ever see the light of day.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

your dream bootleg Empty
PostSubject: Re: your dream bootleg   your dream bootleg Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 10:37 am

ultmetal wrote:
I actually did sing on a rough demo. I doubt that song will ever see the light of day.

You could always put it out on your own bootleg label! Maybe a limited edtion 7-inch single! The kids would eat it up! Laughing

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

your dream bootleg Empty
PostSubject: Re: your dream bootleg   your dream bootleg Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 10:46 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
I actually did sing on a rough demo. I doubt that song will ever see the light of day.

You could always put it out on your own bootleg label! Maybe a limited edtion 7-inch single! The kids would eat it up! Laughing

I don't even have a copy for myself.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

your dream bootleg Empty
PostSubject: Re: your dream bootleg   your dream bootleg Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 10:56 am

ultmetal wrote:

I don't even have a copy for myself.

D'OH! Well, so much for that get-rich-quick scheme... Sad

Back to top Go down

your dream bootleg Empty
PostSubject: Re: your dream bootleg   your dream bootleg Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 9:05 pm

Dunno...

KISS:

-full Long Beach Concert in 1974 (I know it's existing somewhere but mine isn't complete!!!!!!)

-Pro shot for the Lick It Up Tour,Asylum,etc...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

your dream bootleg Empty
PostSubject: Re: your dream bootleg   your dream bootleg Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

your dream bootleg
Page 1 of 1