Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Journey - Dream after Dream

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Journey - Dream after Dream Empty
PostSubject: Journey - Dream after Dream   Journey - Dream after Dream Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 9:44 pm

Does anyone have this and if so, is it any good. I am a big Journey fan and have been for a long time and I want to pick this up. But, before I spend 14 bucks on this Japanese import, I was hoping for a bit of info. Thanks y'all.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Dream after Dream   Journey - Dream after Dream Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 10:05 pm

Trog picked it up for his wife not too long ago on vinyl. Maybe he will have more insight.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Dream after Dream   Journey - Dream after Dream Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 10:42 am

It came out in 1980, IMO right smack in the middle of their prime but it isnt really that great. Its a soundtrack to a Japanese film and it definitley has a soundtrack feel to it. It doesnt suck but it's nowhere near as good as Departure and Escape, the two albums that bookend Dream After Dream. So I suppose you hafta ask yourself if you are a big fan or a HUGE fan: big fan, wait til you find it cheaper or whatever. HUGE fan, well...ya gotta do what ya gotta do!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Dream after Dream   Journey - Dream after Dream Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 12:44 pm

I have it. Not thier best, but it's a soundtrack, so don't expect much. I have not checked it's value in a few years, but I know it was going for around $30 back then. Have they re-issued (or just plain issued it domestically) it at all?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Dream after Dream   Journey - Dream after Dream Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 12:45 pm

Might trade mine for the right offer, Sent....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Dream after Dream   Journey - Dream after Dream Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 12:48 pm

If sent doesn't get it, I know someone who would like it...... Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Dream after Dream   Journey - Dream after Dream Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 1:06 pm

Mostly instrumental...but the vocal song "Little Girl" (which is also a bonus track on the new reissue of 'Departure' I believe) is AWESOME!!!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Dream after Dream   Journey - Dream after Dream Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 1:39 pm

It's an import, so more than likely I will grab it. Thanks for the info everyone. Smile Uncle Sax, I doubt I would have anything you would want. My collection is no where near as large as yours, Brian's, or Ult's and there is really nothing rare or out of the ordinary. Thanks for the offer though. Now, if someone had some Lion cd's for sale, I could trade them some money! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Dream after Dream   Journey - Dream after Dream Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 6:46 pm

I had it, and I found something to trade it for. It didn't do anything for me.
Back to top Go down
gitters
Metal novice
Metal novice
gitters

Number of posts : 10

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Dream after Dream   Journey - Dream after Dream Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 1:49 pm

I have it on cassette tape. It's nothing like Escape or Frontiers. Like another poster stated it's mostly insturmental. I don't recommend the album unless you can get it cheap.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Dream after Dream   Journey - Dream after Dream Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Journey - Dream after Dream
Page 1 of 1