Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Sister's Machine

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

My Sister's Machine Empty
PostSubject: My Sister's Machine   My Sister's Machine Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 4:53 pm

Whos a fan.

These guys struck me as the most conventionally heavy metal out of the Northwest grunge pack more so than Alice In Chains. Actually the bands sound is very Alice In Chained with a bit of Kyuss maybe COC of that era.

It's hard to believe they weren't grunge success #5 considering the mainstreams taking to the the bands of that scene that were more conventionally hard rock/metal (did things really change?) than the weirdos.

I like their second Wallflower more than the debut. But both are excellent. If you haven't, acquire their two albums for next to nothing.

My Sister's Machine - Enemy promo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vu7cBEq3Yt8

Last edited by rattpoison on Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: My Sister's Machine   My Sister's Machine Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 4:59 pm

I always found them mediocre at best....oddly enough.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: My Sister's Machine   My Sister's Machine Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 5:18 pm

I have Wallflower but it must not have made an impression because I can't remember a single song from it.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: My Sister's Machine   My Sister's Machine Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 7:03 pm

They are one of those rock influenced post grunge bands. I tend to like bands like that. Only Living Witness was the best of them IMO. I play Wallflower sometimes even now.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: My Sister's Machine   My Sister's Machine Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 10:19 pm

I find them as a great alternative once i'm burnt out on those addictive Alice In Chains records.

When did the post grunge era start? I thought these guys were right in the thick of the original Seattle Scene, releases in '92 and '93. Record label just slow to pick them up.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

PostSubject: Re: My Sister's Machine   My Sister's Machine Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 10:30 pm

rattpoison wrote:

When did the post grunge era start? I thought these guys were right in the thick of the original Seattle Scene, releases in '92 and '93. Record label just slow to pick them up.

I don't know. I think of it as being the mid 90's before Nu-metal; but that's just an artificial catagory I invented to keep myself from snapping completely. It doesn't exist anywhere outside my own brain. I wouldn't bother giving it any thought if I were you.don\'t know
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: My Sister's Machine   My Sister's Machine Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 10:36 pm

Post-grunge is a generally accepted term. Grunge influenced rock bands, it's more for bands not from Seattle and generally after 93-94. Well thats the way i see it.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

PostSubject: Re: My Sister's Machine   My Sister's Machine Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 10:47 pm

rattpoison wrote:
Post-grunge is a generally accepted term. Grunge influenced rock bands, it's more for bands not from Seattle and generally after 93-94. Well thats the way i see it.

Well for what it's worth then, here are some of the bands that I like that I put in that catagory. On my mind now because I tend to listen to them in March to get me through the last dregs of winter. It's traditional.

Only Living Witness
Mindfunk (Dropped album only)
New Idol Sun
Chum
Mental Hippie Blood
Sugartooth (s/t)
maybe a little Kyuss etc.

But as I say, this hasn't been well thought out, it's just a mood for me.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: My Sister's Machine   My Sister's Machine Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 10:58 pm

I'll have to check those out, their definately not the usual suspects when talking post-grunge.

Well summer has just finished down here but it's still damn hot so The Cult, Roots Rock, Surf Punk (Radio Birdman) and the like are getting major airtime with me.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: My Sister's Machine   My Sister's Machine Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 12:34 am

they were one of those bands that i liked but never met anyone else who claimed to.

SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

PostSubject: Re: My Sister's Machine   My Sister's Machine Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 2:28 am

mc666 wrote:
they were one of those bands that i liked but never met anyone else who claimed to.

Happy birthday, by the way 666. Yeah, that's kinda why I'm lumping all those bands with them. I got them all on the same day in about 1997; and all for $2 from the used bin. I had gone to the store in a desperate search for relevant loud music, as all my friends seemed to be listening to Live or Smashing Pumpkins or something. These got me through until I could get focused on some of the good stuff coming more and more from overseas. Those were dark days in my musical world, which is why I have a soft spot for these bargain bin babies.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: My Sister's Machine   My Sister's Machine Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 4:29 pm

Oh yeah, Sahb these guys are the cut out kings. I acquired their entire catalogue (2 albums) for AUS$2. Yes $1 each, both from a used cd store (CD graveyard).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Sister's Machine   My Sister's Machine Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Sister's Machine
Page 1 of 1