Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Machine Men

Go down 
+3
INVADERS
Fat Freddy
Witchfinder
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7631

Machine Men Empty
PostSubject: Machine Men   Machine Men Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2007 5:03 pm

On the recommendation of a friend, I picked up some Machine Men discs. I got Scars & Wounds, Elegies, and the No Talk Without The Giant single. Needless to say I was presently suprised. Total Bruce Dickinson worship here, in fact they are named after a Bruce track and they cover Freak on one of their albums. Anybody else into these guys? I am not sure how I missed them.

http://www.machinemen.net/
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37868

Machine Men Empty
PostSubject: Re: Machine Men   Machine Men Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2007 5:23 pm

I haven't heard them but they certainly sound like they'd be up my alley. Which CD has the Dickinson cover "Freak" on it?
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7631

Machine Men Empty
PostSubject: Re: Machine Men   Machine Men Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2007 5:34 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I haven't heard them but they certainly sound like they'd be up my alley. Which CD has the Dickinson cover "Freak" on it?

Elegies has Freak on it.

Check out Scars and Wounds album and song for TOTAL Bruce worship.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Machine Men Empty
PostSubject: Re: Machine Men   Machine Men Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2007 9:01 pm

Thanks for the tip, I'll have to see what I can find by them...
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

Machine Men Empty
PostSubject: Re: Machine Men   Machine Men Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2007 7:04 am

Machine Men are excellent....

elegies (their 2nd album) was the best CD i bought in 2005....
so what if they sound like Maiden / Bruce Dickinson, their music is solid heavy metal and totally enjoyable....

All hail Machine Men... lol

:metal
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

Machine Men Empty
PostSubject: Re: Machine Men   Machine Men Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2019 11:13 am

I'm going to give all three of their albums a fresh spin next week in the car. I just happened to pick their CDs off my shelf today and felt like I would like to play them sometime soon. 

I figured there might be a thread about these guys here. But there isn't much discussion. 

I used to like these guys a lot. Saw them live in 2004 and bought their debut album the day it came out. 

The band quit after three albums. That was eight years ago. The middle album was probably my favourite by them. I always liked their sound, but not all the songs were very memorable. I'll let you know how well they albums have lasted after I get through listening to them again. It's been years.

Anybody else like Machine Men?
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

Machine Men Empty
PostSubject: Re: Machine Men   Machine Men Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2019 11:54 am

Elegies is a good album but I end up wanting to hear Maiden when I listened to them. Should give them a fresh spin.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

Machine Men Empty
PostSubject: Re: Machine Men   Machine Men Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2019 1:03 pm

Never heard of them until now. I'll be checking them out.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40551

Machine Men Empty
PostSubject: Re: Machine Men   Machine Men Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2019 1:14 pm

I never heard of them but sounds like a band I would like.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Machine Men Empty
PostSubject: Re: Machine Men   Machine Men Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2023 10:02 pm

Necro thread bump...

I randomly came across a Discogs seller who was offering Machine Men's Elegies and Circus of Fools discs at a decent price so I ordered them both. Now we play the waiting game.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Machine Men Empty
PostSubject: Re: Machine Men   Machine Men Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Machine Men
Page 1 of 1