Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Your guiltiest musical pleasure

Go down 
+23
jettafiend
seconds2silence
Fat Freddy
metalinmyveins
stevegarveyfan
stepcousin
Hamer12
Schbopo
akeldama
XYZ
thejokeriv
manny
Trial by Fire
jstate
SAHB Healer
DallasBlack
EvyMetal
MetalRob331
rattpoison
the sentinel
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Your guiltiest musical pleasure - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your guiltiest musical pleasure   Your guiltiest musical pleasure - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 4:06 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I know every single solitary lyric on the ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW soundtrack album.

Let's do the Time wrap again
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Your guiltiest musical pleasure   Your guiltiest musical pleasure - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 9:08 pm

manny wrote:
I found a guilty pleasure that I am actually ashamed that I like, I have to take a deep breathe.... I don't mind Rick Springfield, yes that is right pop act, soap opera acting, cheeseball Rick Springfield, I enjoy his cheesy 80's hits.

There I said it, they say confession is good for the soul. Now excuse me while I cue up " Jessie's Girl"

I like Rick quite a bit. I would say the song "Love Somebody" is one of those quitessential 80's songs. Now the movie it was from "Hard To Hold" is a whole other issue. That movie is about as bad as you can get.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Your guiltiest musical pleasure   Your guiltiest musical pleasure - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 9:25 pm

I like Rick quite a bit. I would say the song "Love Somebody" is one of those quitessential 80's songs. Now the movie it was from "Hard To Hold" is a whole other issue. That movie is about as bad as you can get.[/quote]

The reason that movie sucks so bad its that it was made for audience of 13 year old girls who want to crush on Rick Springfield for 90 minutes.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Your guiltiest musical pleasure   Your guiltiest musical pleasure - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 9:50 pm

manny wrote:
I like Rick quite a bit. I would say the song "Love Somebody" is one of those quitessential 80's songs. Now the movie it was from "Hard To Hold" is a whole other issue. That movie is about as bad as you can get.

The reason that movie sucks so bad its that it was made for audience of 13 year old girls who want to crush on Rick Springfield for 90 minutes.[/quote]

I agree. I think the formula was that it basically wouldn't matter what kind of story/script there was, as long as Rick Springfield was in the movie. I'm sure there's someone out there in this country who still holds this movie near and dear to their heart (as scary as that may be).
Back to top Go down
seconds2silence
Metal novice
Metal novice
seconds2silence

Number of posts : 10

PostSubject: Re: Your guiltiest musical pleasure   Your guiltiest musical pleasure - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 2:35 am

INXS - Shabooh Shoobah
The Fixx - Walkabout
Glass Tiger - The Thin Red Line
Big Country - The Seer

I have no guilt...I stand proud and tall...right!
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Your guiltiest musical pleasure   Your guiltiest musical pleasure - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 2:55 am

A few for sure:

Frank Sinatra
Matchbox Twenty
Brian Setzer (all phases of his career)
Bryan Adams
Beach Boys
Newsboys
O.C. Supertones
Chris LeDoux
Johnny Cash
Cracker
Dire Straits
Mad Caddies
Reel Big Fish
Lost Dogs
Selah
Bluegrass Hymns
MC Lars
Mad at the World

Etc....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your guiltiest musical pleasure   Your guiltiest musical pleasure - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 3:09 am

jettafiend wrote:
A few for sure:

Frank Sinatra
Beach Boys
Johnny Cash
Dire Straits

Why on earth are Dire Straits, Johnny Cash, Beach Boys, Brian Setzer and Frank Sinatra guilty pleasures? All fine, talented artists that nobody should be ashamed to admit enjoying.

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Your guiltiest musical pleasure   Your guiltiest musical pleasure - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 8:18 am

I dig that Spandau Ballet (sp?) tune "True" and Kajagoogoo's "Too Shy"

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Your guiltiest musical pleasure   Your guiltiest musical pleasure - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 9:56 am

I also see no guilt with any INXS or Fixx.
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

PostSubject: Re: Your guiltiest musical pleasure   Your guiltiest musical pleasure - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 1:13 pm

S.D. wrote:
jettafiend wrote:
A few for sure:

Frank Sinatra
Beach Boys
Johnny Cash
Dire Straits

Why on earth are Dire Straits, Johnny Cash, Beach Boys, Brian Setzer and Frank Sinatra guilty pleasures? All fine, talented artists that nobody should be ashamed to admit enjoying.

MMMM... I completely agree I crank those ones up fairly regularly. I would personally consider myself more a music fan than a metal head specifically. But that's just my opinion. I am not ashamed of any of my music, because I like it and at the end of the day that is all that matters.

I have not seen anything in this thread that would be considered a "guilty pleasure" more like music people listen to that is not metal. I take guilty to mean stuff like ICP, Ciara, Kanye West, Eminem, NKOTB, N'Sync... Etc.

Last edited by jettafiend on Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gryphon-kl
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1346

PostSubject: Re: Your guiltiest musical pleasure   Your guiltiest musical pleasure - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 11:15 pm

t.A.T.u: 200 km/h in the Wrong Lane
Puffy AmiYumi
Some of the anime soundtracks (esp. Sailor Moon and Cardcaptor Sakura)
Back to top Go down
seconds2silence
Metal novice
Metal novice
seconds2silence

Number of posts : 10

PostSubject: Re: Your guiltiest musical pleasure   Your guiltiest musical pleasure - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 1:50 am

jstate wrote:

Agreed...but most people in the metal community would not agree.
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

PostSubject: Re: Your guiltiest musical pleasure   Your guiltiest musical pleasure - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 5:08 am

seconds2silence wrote:
jstate wrote:

Agreed...but most people in the metal community would not agree.

I agree as well. The INXS album "Elegantly Wasted" is fantastic!
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

PostSubject: Re: Your guiltiest musical pleasure   Your guiltiest musical pleasure - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 3:47 pm

I saw INXS in 1991 at the Capital Centre at the height of their popularity. Sold out 19,000 fans. They were such a popular concert act that they would fly in and out private jet for each show while being based in one city. It was supposed to be the ultimate perk for a group. Then everything changed.

A little over two years after that show I saw them close a radio station festival and despite putting on a great set probably over 60% of the fans left before that.

Less than a year after that I saw them in front of maybe 500 fans at the Naval Academy. Sucked too because their albums were still great right up till the end. Music is a tough business. They've never gotten their proper due IMO.
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

PostSubject: Re: Your guiltiest musical pleasure   Your guiltiest musical pleasure - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 5:30 pm

jstate wrote:
I saw INXS in 1991 at the Capital Centre at the height of their popularity. Sold out 19,000 fans. They were such a popular concert act that they would fly in and out private jet for each show while being based in one city. It was supposed to be the ultimate perk for a group. Then everything changed.

A little over two years after that show I saw them close a radio station festival and despite putting on a great set probably over 60% of the fans left before that.

Less than a year after that I saw them in front of maybe 500 fans at the Naval Academy. Sucked too because their albums were still great right up till the end. Music is a tough business. They've never gotten their proper due IMO.

...and then Michael Hutchence (sp?) passed on. I have never seen them live but the clips that I have seen, Michael Hutchence was an amazing front man.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

PostSubject: Re: Your guiltiest musical pleasure   Your guiltiest musical pleasure - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 9:21 am

One of the few frontmen I've ever seen be able to get a crowd into new material that they weren't familiar with just by his passion alone. And all three times I saw them he pulled that off.
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

PostSubject: Re: Your guiltiest musical pleasure   Your guiltiest musical pleasure - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 12:04 am

Roxette - definitely a guilty pleasure.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

PostSubject: Re: Your guiltiest musical pleasure   Your guiltiest musical pleasure - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 11:15 am

I'm sure somewhere earlier in this thread I must have mentioned my complete love of Roxette. I actually own Roxette imports. Been a fan since that first album. And man was it ever a pain hiding that fandom back then.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Your guiltiest musical pleasure   Your guiltiest musical pleasure - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 11:54 am

I'm too old to care anymore these days, but there was a time when Fiona Apple would have topped my list of guilty pleasures.

One time a friend of my wife's was over the house and she saw a Fiona Apple disc nestled in amongst the Anthrax and Armored Saint discs and laughed out loud. It seemed pretty out-of-character for me at the time.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

PostSubject: Re: Your guiltiest musical pleasure   Your guiltiest musical pleasure - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 12:27 pm

jstate wrote:
I'm sure somewhere earlier in this thread I must have mentioned my complete love of Roxette. I actually own Roxette imports. Been a fan since that first album. And man was it ever a pain hiding that fandom back then.

lol! I get that for sure.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

PostSubject: Re: Your guiltiest musical pleasure   Your guiltiest musical pleasure - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 10:19 am

I stopped caring about what others thought about my music about the time my love of rap became "cool" and my love of metal became "uncool". About that same time I had a college girlfriend who was such a music snob (and I never heard the end of her insults) that I just decided to then wear what I love like a badge of honor. Even Roxette.

The thing I get the most when people first look at my CDs and records is "I've never heard of any of this. How do you know about all these groups?".
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Your guiltiest musical pleasure   Your guiltiest musical pleasure - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 10:59 pm

There's some country and even disco I like.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your guiltiest musical pleasure   Your guiltiest musical pleasure - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your guiltiest musical pleasure
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3