Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Your guiltiest musical pleasure

Go down 
+23
jettafiend
seconds2silence
Fat Freddy
metalinmyveins
stevegarveyfan
stepcousin
Hamer12
Schbopo
akeldama
XYZ
thejokeriv
manny
Trial by Fire
jstate
SAHB Healer
DallasBlack
EvyMetal
MetalRob331
rattpoison
the sentinel
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Your guiltiest musical pleasure - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your guiltiest musical pleasure   Your guiltiest musical pleasure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 4:53 pm

I listen to them less than any other group, but I like the Eagles.

Also, even though I can't stand the songs beause of what they represent in the band's history, I kind of like the choruses in KISS' "My Way" and "Turn On The Night". It's like a car accident: you don't want to look, but you can't help but sneak a peak. Also, we know not to stare at the Sun. So, why do some people do it? Sometimes, even disasters (of any kind) are interesting. And, KISS RULES! So, I can't help myself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your guiltiest musical pleasure   Your guiltiest musical pleasure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 2:03 am

How can any of you feel guilty about all that stuff? All those are legitimate artists with a solid fan base of music lovers, though not heavy metal fans.

This is what guilt's about:

Kriss Kross - Warm It Up Kriss
Vanilla Ice- Roll Em Up
EYC - Feelin Alright

These are not only guilty but they make me doubt my own sexuality.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Your guiltiest musical pleasure   Your guiltiest musical pleasure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 7:06 am

Duran Duran, I love Duran Duran,
some of Rick Springfield singals
The Monkees and I think Pleasant Valley is a nice little protest song, I am with Rattpoison, I have no guilty pleasures, I also like Cyndi Lauper's singals.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Your guiltiest musical pleasure   Your guiltiest musical pleasure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 7:12 am

[quote="Trial by Fire"]
Korn, System of a Down, Mudvayne, Nirvana, Alice in Chains, Thrice, At the Drive In, Killswitch Engage, Shadows Fall, Lamb of God, Mastodon, Between the Buried and Me, The Dillinger Escape Plan, The Fall of Troy, The Human Abstract, 3, Coheed and Cambria, The Mars Volta, Muse, Tool, A Perfect Circle, Protest the Hero... and I'm sure there's some
more as well.

I think alot of these bands are great modern metal bands, nothing to feel guilty about. Well maybe Thrice but the rest of the bands you listed are great.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Your guiltiest musical pleasure   Your guiltiest musical pleasure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 9:54 am

The Cure
Enya
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Your guiltiest musical pleasure   Your guiltiest musical pleasure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 10:01 am

[quote="thejokeriv"]The Cure

The Cure are great band who have released alot of classic albums in their 30year career.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Your guiltiest musical pleasure   Your guiltiest musical pleasure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 10:05 am

EvyMetal wrote:
I LISTEN TO A LOT OF JAZZ.

Don't be embarresd about jazz. Most of the greatest musicians are jazz players.

As for me, it'd probably be Michael Jackson.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Your guiltiest musical pleasure   Your guiltiest musical pleasure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 10:26 am

I love alot of Jazz, Miles Davis-Bitches Brew, Birth of Cool
John Coltrane-A Love Supreme, Jaco was very cool, Weather Report, not music to feel guilty about, alot of great artist, I could have named about 10-15 more I like, and that doesn't even begin to scratch the surface.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Your guiltiest musical pleasure   Your guiltiest musical pleasure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 1:16 pm

[quote="manny"]
thejokeriv wrote:
The Cure

The Cure are great band who have released alot of classic albums in their 30year career.

I totally agree - I;m looking forward to the new one!
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Your guiltiest musical pleasure   Your guiltiest musical pleasure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 4:09 pm

Craig Chaquico
Genesis
Prince
Motown music in general
Cameo
Kool And The Gang
Buddy Holly

etc...
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Your guiltiest musical pleasure   Your guiltiest musical pleasure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 4:49 pm

akeldama wrote:
Craig Chaquico
Genesis
Prince
Motown music in general
Cameo
Kool And The Gang
Buddy Holly

etc...

Dude Prince is an excellent musician, so not a guilty pleasure and Genesis is also a great band and of course Buddy Holly is a rock n roll pioneer, guilty pleasure I thought meant something almost border line cheesy like for example ABBA, which is another one of my guilty pleasures.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Your guiltiest musical pleasure   Your guiltiest musical pleasure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 5:01 pm

Janet Jackson
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: Your guiltiest musical pleasure   Your guiltiest musical pleasure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 5:31 pm

Duran Duran
Steely Dan, have every album & solo stuff
Roy Orbison
Oak Ridge Boys
I have about 30 classical cd's that get a lot of air time.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Your guiltiest musical pleasure   Your guiltiest musical pleasure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 6:36 pm

manny wrote:
akeldama wrote:
Craig Chaquico
Genesis
Prince
Motown music in general
Cameo
Kool And The Gang
Buddy Holly

etc...

Dude Prince is an excellent musician, so not a guilty pleasure and Genesis is also a great band and of course Buddy Holly is a rock n roll pioneer, guilty pleasure I thought meant something almost border line cheesy like for example ABBA, which is another one of my guilty pleasures.

Aah, alas I misconstrued this post, I though it meant anything outside the realms of Metal.

Sinatra
Dean Martin
The Insyders
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Your guiltiest musical pleasure   Your guiltiest musical pleasure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 5:51 am

Loverboy (the first 2 albums)
Little river band (I love their 70's stuff)
Carpenters
Pat Benetar (yes I love the early 80's stuff but even the stuff like "Love is a battlefield" and "Le Belege" I dig alot, even sing it with my wife in the car....I'm so embarassed Embarassed )
sappy love songs by Bryan Adams and Foriegner

so you get the idea, I like 70's and 80's sappy love songs

Im gonna go now and watch rugby or tune an engine or lift weights cuz my feminine side is rearing its ugly head!! Your guiltiest musical pleasure - Page 2 811939
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your guiltiest musical pleasure   Your guiltiest musical pleasure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 6:42 am

manny wrote:
I love alot of Jazz, Miles Davis-Bitches Brew, Birth of Cool
John Coltrane-A Love Supreme, Jaco was very cool, Weather Report, not music to feel guilty about, alot of great artist, I could have named about 10-15 more I like, and that doesn't even begin to scratch the surface.

I have about 3000 jazz CDs...so it's definitely not a guilty pleasure for me! lol!

I guess if I had to pick one actual band for a "guilty pleasure" it would be Seals & Crofts...yes, you heard right...Seals & Crofts. Diamond Girl is da bomb.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your guiltiest musical pleasure   Your guiltiest musical pleasure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 6:44 am

Hamer12 wrote:

Steely Dan could very easily be THE MOST TALENTED BAND of the 70's. Everyone should have at least 1 Steely Dan album in their collection...I choose to have all of them.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Your guiltiest musical pleasure   Your guiltiest musical pleasure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 10:00 am

detuned wrote:
Hamer12 wrote:

Steely Dan could very easily be THE MOST TALENTED BAND of the 70's. Everyone should have at least 1 Steely Dan album in their collection...I choose to have all of them.

I've only got Aja. That is a very good album.
Back to top Go down
stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

PostSubject: Re: Your guiltiest musical pleasure   Your guiltiest musical pleasure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 7:36 pm

ABBA was wonderful! I could listen to 'em all day.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Your guiltiest musical pleasure   Your guiltiest musical pleasure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 6:02 pm

My musical tastes are all over the board, so I'm not really sure anyone who knows me could say, "That is the preference of music that he predominantly listens to". So, if I had to pick anything, I would have to go in the pop direction that is that of Barry Manilow or Barbra Streisand. Say what you will about these two, but they ruled the 70's, and still can pack them in when they tour. Especially Barbra; she is like the freakin' Eagles when it comes to the amount of times she has retired from perfoming live. Everytime she comes back; she suckers people into believing this is the last tour. LOL.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Your guiltiest musical pleasure   Your guiltiest musical pleasure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 8:17 pm

Guilty pleasure is a weird thing, I don't particually feel embrased by anything I like. When I was younger I used to get a lot of crap for liking George Michael's " Listen Without Prejudice" but I think it is a great album, that shows growth in songwriting and singing, I hated Wham and " Faith" just too pop, but on " Listen" I heard an artist with a lot of depth and showed his r & b roots.

I don't feel guilty for liking that album, but it is funny when people go thru my collection and they get m's and they see Megadeth, Mercyful Fate, Metallica, and others and they is George Michael, I guess I should tell them it belongs to my girl.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Your guiltiest musical pleasure   Your guiltiest musical pleasure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 3:33 pm

I found a guilty pleasure that I am actually ashamed that I like, I have to take a deep breathe.... I don't mind Rick Springfield, yes that is right pop act, soap opera acting, cheeseball Rick Springfield, I enjoy his cheesy 80's hits.

There I said it, they say confession is good for the soul. Now excuse me while I cue up " Jessie's Girl"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your guiltiest musical pleasure   Your guiltiest musical pleasure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 3:35 pm

Rick Springfield had some really good songs in the 80's. Be proud of your cheesiness, manny!. Smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Your guiltiest musical pleasure   Your guiltiest musical pleasure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 3:55 pm

I know every single solitary lyric on the ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW soundtrack album.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your guiltiest musical pleasure   Your guiltiest musical pleasure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 4:04 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I know every single solitary lyric on the ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW soundtrack album.

A weakling weighing 98 piounds.....will get sand in his face when kicked...to the griound.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your guiltiest musical pleasure   Your guiltiest musical pleasure - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your guiltiest musical pleasure
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next