Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Starting over - Century Media Re-issues

Go down 
+9
kmorg
Stender
MetalGuy71
Rex
exact33
DeathCult
Smindas
Thrasher73
scottmitchell74
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Vordul
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Vordul

Number of posts : 322

Starting over - Century Media Re-issues - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting over - Century Media Re-issues   Starting over - Century Media Re-issues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 12:29 pm

oh sorry unc saxon i thought you meant 'starting over' because you are now officially half a century old ? Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Starting over - Century Media Re-issues   Starting over - Century Media Re-issues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 1:56 pm

Vordul wrote:
oh sorry unc saxon i thought you meant 'starting over' because you are now officially half a century old ? Laughing very hard

lol!

PostSubject: Re: Starting over - Century Media Re-issues   Starting over - Century Media Re-issues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 7:00 pm

Quote :
oh sorry unc saxon i thought you meant 'starting over' because you are now officially half a century old
Shag a wallaby.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Starting over - Century Media Re-issues   Starting over - Century Media Re-issues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 7:18 pm

Depends on whats being reissued...if its a deleted title that ive been looking for forever-I say FOR.Why should someone have to fork over a small treasure to an overly greedy seller on Egay or Amazon etc..just to get that missing disc in their collection.If CM is going to reissue a bunch of horsedung bands i say AGAINST.The Forbidden-"Forbidden Evil" reissue CM put out was solid.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Starting over - Century Media Re-issues   Starting over - Century Media Re-issues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 7:27 pm

Quote :
Why should someone have to fork over a small treasure to an overly greedy seller on Egay or Amazon etc
Don't be like that....Ebay is an auction site. People pay what they want to pay (at least on my auctions. I have never started a listing for over $9.99). Then we get into the whole "collecting" thing again. And that's a dead horse.
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZsaxon1500
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Starting over - Century Media Re-issues   Starting over - Century Media Re-issues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 6:30 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
Quote :
Why should someone have to fork over a small treasure to an overly greedy seller on Egay or Amazon etc
Don't be like that....Ebay is an auction site. People pay what they want to pay (at least on my auctions. I have never started a listing for over $9.99). Then we get into the whole "collecting" thing again. And that's a dead horse.
[url=http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZsaxon1500
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZsaxon1500[/quote[/url]]

Ill see your plug and raise you mine: http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZexact3

lol!

PostSubject: Re: Starting over - Century Media Re-issues   Starting over - Century Media Re-issues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 7:38 pm

Just a couple of ho's aren't we Alex?
Back to top Go down
UltraMagnus007
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
UltraMagnus007

Number of posts : 282

PostSubject: Re: Starting over - Century Media Re-issues   Starting over - Century Media Re-issues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 5:30 pm

Eyesore wrote:
DeathCult wrote:
Oh, well, thats usually fun. What was the original question though?
I was basically complaining that Century Media is going overboard with their reissues. Some have been really cool, but a good number of them are just clear attempts to wring money from the pockets of fans that still buy music.

Then it went downhill from there. Haha.

Oh, I don't know. I thought the thread was just getting interesting Ha Ha.

Reissues are great for hardcore fans who have to own everything by certain bands but only if the reissue is handled well, ie plenty of extra material and a good re-mastered sound.
Back to top Go down
ensiferum2k
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ensiferum2k

Number of posts : 340

PostSubject: Re: Starting over - Century Media Re-issues   Starting over - Century Media Re-issues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 6:24 pm

Everyone hears differently, but to me, most remasters sound worse than the orgs. CM remasters being some of the worst I've heard. The best sounding recent remasters that I've heard have been the Saxon remasters. You can definitely toss out your originals for the remasters on those.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Starting over - Century Media Re-issues   Starting over - Century Media Re-issues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 8:25 pm

I know what ya mean, E2K, but I am afraid of the Saxon remasters. I have the bad quality of the first presses, cassettes, and vinyl engrained in me. The remastering might freak me out! Just judging by Demin and Leather (the worst of the lot, production-wise) I assume it is like hearing them for the first time all over again? Kinda like what Mr Pink was referring to at the table in the diner?
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Starting over - Century Media Re-issues   Starting over - Century Media Re-issues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 8:32 pm

More or less Sax, but I still prefer the originals. Although, Mr. Pink does have a very valid arguement.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
ensiferum2k
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ensiferum2k

Number of posts : 340

PostSubject: Re: Starting over - Century Media Re-issues   Starting over - Century Media Re-issues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 8:55 pm

http://media.putfile.com/princess-of-the-night
What Saxon remasters have you heard, Uncie Sax?
There's one song from the remaster. Tell me what you think if you haven't heard it yet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Starting over - Century Media Re-issues   Starting over - Century Media Re-issues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 12:26 am

Man, I can totally tell the difference just on my crappy computer speaks!! I only listened to about 10 seconds (*pretty cool site, btw), but could tell instantly. Are you sure that wasn't the re-recording from Heavy Metal Thunder?

I have Destiny and Innocence. I figured those were so over-produced and polished to begin with that I'd grab 'em for the bonus tracks.

Now I gotta go crank my super lame Dutch issue DnL on Disky Records, just to get the taste out of my ears!!
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Starting over - Century Media Re-issues   Starting over - Century Media Re-issues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 10:46 am

if they want to reissue let 'em, you don't have to buy any of it if you don't wanna, but i would let 'em do it, who knows they might put out something interesting
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starting over - Century Media Re-issues   Starting over - Century Media Re-issues - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Starting over - Century Media Re-issues
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2