Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Starting over - Century Media Re-issues

Go down 
+9
kmorg
Stender
MetalGuy71
Rex
exact33
DeathCult
Smindas
Thrasher73
scottmitchell74
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Starting over - Century Media Re-issues Empty
PostSubject: Starting over - Century Media Re-issues   Starting over - Century Media Re-issues Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 6:39 pm

For or against?
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Starting over - Century Media Re-issues   Starting over - Century Media Re-issues Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 6:42 pm

Agin
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Starting over - Century Media Re-issues   Starting over - Century Media Re-issues Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 6:58 pm

I'd say against. I'm not typing all that crap again. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Starting over - Century Media Re-issues   Starting over - Century Media Re-issues Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 7:01 pm

Against
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Starting over - Century Media Re-issues   Starting over - Century Media Re-issues Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 7:03 pm

It was a good thread. I'll miss it.

And we had just come to a resolution, too!
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Starting over - Century Media Re-issues   Starting over - Century Media Re-issues Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 7:05 pm

Are we going to instant-ban the first person to say 'for'? ;P

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Starting over - Century Media Re-issues   Starting over - Century Media Re-issues Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 7:19 pm

For the most part, against. There were one or two were I prefered the remastered sound quality over the original. But alot of them are just wanking
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: Starting over - Century Media Re-issues   Starting over - Century Media Re-issues Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 7:27 pm

Oh, wait. Was the question for or against reissues or for or against this thread? Haha.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Starting over - Century Media Re-issues   Starting over - Century Media Re-issues Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 7:33 pm

I'm not sure, I missed the original thread. Sounds like I missed something good though
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Starting over - Century Media Re-issues   Starting over - Century Media Re-issues Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 7:33 pm

DeathCult wrote:
I'm not sure, I missed the original thread. Sounds like I missed something good though
Just me pickin' on a noob.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Starting over - Century Media Re-issues   Starting over - Century Media Re-issues Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 7:36 pm

Oh, well, thats usually fun. What was the original question though?
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Starting over - Century Media Re-issues   Starting over - Century Media Re-issues Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 7:44 pm

I like some of the remasters. I got the sentenced remasters mostly for the bonus material plus i thought they sounded better than the originals.. I think CM tries to milk re-releases for all their worth though.

Alex

PostSubject: Re: Starting over - Century Media Re-issues   Starting over - Century Media Re-issues Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 7:49 pm

DeathCult wrote:
Oh, well, thats usually fun. What was the original question though?
I was basically complaining that Century Media is going overboard with their reissues. Some have been really cool, but a good number of them are just clear attempts to wring money from the pockets of fans that still buy music.

Then it went downhill from there. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Starting over - Century Media Re-issues   Starting over - Century Media Re-issues Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 7:49 pm

What happened to the other thread?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Starting over - Century Media Re-issues   Starting over - Century Media Re-issues Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 7:54 pm

exact33 wrote:
I like some of the remasters. I got the sentenced remasters mostly for the bonus material plus i thought they sounded better than the originals.. I think CM tries to milk re-releases for all their worth though.

Alex
The only Sentenced reissue that looked worth anything was the one for Frozen, mainly because it had four or five bonus tracks. The others were simply remastered and had one bonus track. Not worth it, in my opinion. I love the reissue of The Gathering's Mandylion because nearly all the bonus stuff was unreleased. But I was unimpressed with the reissue of Nighttime Birds because all the bonus material was previously released stuff, and most of it from their Accessories rarities album, not imports and hard-to-find singles.

And today I bought the two Moonspell reissues—Irreligious and Wolfheart. Both are excellent. They each come with a bonus live disc, and Wolfheart has the old bonus track that was only on the limited digipack. Also, their reissue of the two Only Living Witness albums was great, lots of cool unreleased stuff.

Unfortunately not all have been so good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Starting over - Century Media Re-issues   Starting over - Century Media Re-issues Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 7:55 pm

Rexorcist wrote:
I laid waste to it like I was Godzilla in Tokyo, and the Japanoobs had to start over and rebuild.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Starting over - Century Media Re-issues   Starting over - Century Media Re-issues Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 7:56 pm

Quote :
Glitch in the system..
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Starting over - Century Media Re-issues   Starting over - Century Media Re-issues Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 8:08 pm

I agree with you Eyesore, for example, their Death reissues, had nothing special, and sounded exactly the same as the original albums. But damned if they werent marketed as remasters
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Starting over - Century Media Re-issues   Starting over - Century Media Re-issues Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 8:59 pm

While I think of them as just a simple cash-grab (for the most part, anyway), I say let 'em reissue all they want. Nobody's twisting my arm to buy 'em.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Starting over - Century Media Re-issues   Starting over - Century Media Re-issues Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 10:40 pm

against, against, against
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Starting over - Century Media Re-issues   Starting over - Century Media Re-issues Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 11:56 am

For!!!!!!

What are we talking about again?

PostSubject: Re: Starting over - Century Media Re-issues   Starting over - Century Media Re-issues Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 11:59 am

kmorg wrote:
For!!!!!!

What are we talking about again?
Whether babies should be allowed smoke weed.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Starting over - Century Media Re-issues   Starting over - Century Media Re-issues Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 12:01 pm

Why are you taling like an Indian to me?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Starting over - Century Media Re-issues   Starting over - Century Media Re-issues Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 12:03 pm

kmorg wrote:
For!!!!!!
Automatic ban.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Vordul

Number of posts : 322

PostSubject: Re: Starting over - Century Media Re-issues   Starting over - Century Media Re-issues Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 12:18 pm

against
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starting over - Century Media Re-issues   Starting over - Century Media Re-issues Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Starting over - Century Media Re-issues
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next