Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

This can't really happen ... can it?

Go down 
+7
Smindas
mc666
scottmitchell74
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
kmorg
Temple of Blood
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

This can't really happen ... can it? Empty
PostSubject: This can't really happen ... can it?   This can't really happen ... can it? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 1:04 pm

Quote :
Vocalist Doogie White and Yngwie Malmsteen have decided to part company after six and a half years together. Doogie joined Malmsteen's band in September 2001 and recorded two albums with the legendary Swedish guitarist: "Attack" (2002) and "Unleash the Fury" (2005).

"I had a long chat with Yngwie today and it is clear that he wants to move musically in a new direction," Doogie said in a statement that was released to BLABBERMOUTH.NET earlier today. "It's great news that he will be expanding on his undoubted talents both as a writer and guitarist. I just want to thank, publicly, Yngwie and the many band members past and present that I have worked with. It seems appropriate that we started our working relationship in South America in September 2001 and finished in South America in December 2007. Now, anyone need a singer??"

Although there has been no official announcement on the matter, BLABBERMOUTH.NET can reveal that White's **rumored** replacement in Malmsteen's band is none other than former JUDAS PRIEST/ICED EARTH singer Tim "Ripper" Owens.

Perhaps not so coincidentally, Owens briefly broached the subject of him joining Malmsteen's band during a live interview that took place on the January 11, 2008 edition of the "Friday Night Rocks" radio show on New York City's Q104.3 FM. While discussing his departure from ICED EARTH and the perception that guitarist and primary songwriter Jon Schaffer rules ICED EARTH with an iron hand, Owens said, "If I went out and joined somebody like YNGWIE MALMSTEEN, well, you know what you're getting into — you're not joining a band, you're just joining a project to jump in and sing with him real quick. It's a whole different experience. I thought I was getting into a band and I was promised different things, and it all worked out until now. And I think everybody does know that it's the Jon Schaffer thing. It's a revolving door with everybody, and that's a cool thing, and Jon has built this thing from the ground up."

Owens and Malmsteen previously collaborated on a cover of OZZY OSBOURNE's "Mr. Crowley", which appeared on the "Flying High Again: The World's Greatest Tribute to Ozzy Osbourne", released in March 20006 via Magick Records. Listen to the track on YouTube.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=91641

I just can't see him singing those lyrics or fitting in with that old RAINBOW/DEEP PURPLE image.

But Owens needs a high profile gig pretty bad.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: This can't really happen ... can it?   This can't really happen ... can it? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 1:06 pm

WEIRD!!!!!!

NW, he can unleash that FOOKIN' FURY!!

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: This can't really happen ... can it?   This can't really happen ... can it? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 1:13 pm

That does seem an odd pairing, unless perhaps Yngwie is going to go in a much heavier direction with his new stuff.

ult

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: This can't really happen ... can it?   This can't really happen ... can it? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 1:22 pm

That certainly seems like a bizarre pairing, but I guess it could work if Yngwie wrote an album to fit that style of vocalist. I could see this maybe working as a one-shot deal, but nothing lasting. And Owens doing older Ing-Vayy material would sound strange. While both guys are metal, they have 2 very distinct but different metal roots, Yngwie's Blackmore worship (as pointed out by TOB), Owen's steeped in Priest/Maiden history.

I'll be interested to see how this pans out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This can't really happen ... can it?   This can't really happen ... can it? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 1:27 pm

I love Yngwie as you may well know.

I am staying positive in hopes of another "Marching Out" type album. More true metal less filler.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: This can't really happen ... can it?   This can't really happen ... can it? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 1:29 pm

Malmsteen should get that singer from ASTRAL DOORS. Much better fit IMHO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This can't really happen ... can it?   This can't really happen ... can it? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 1:30 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:

Amen on that one.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: This can't really happen ... can it?   This can't really happen ... can it? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 1:31 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

Amen on that one.

Or someone like ROB ROCK maybe.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This can't really happen ... can it?   This can't really happen ... can it? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 1:32 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Amen on that one.
Impossible! That guy's in like ten bands as it is. Haha. Awesome singer, though.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: This can't really happen ... can it?   This can't really happen ... can it? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 1:34 pm

Eyesore wrote:
spectrefate wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Amen on that one.
Impossible! That guy's in like ten bands as it is. Haha. Awesome singer, though.

Is he in any that sell more units and play bigger shows than Malmsteen? I doubt it. I'm sure people take that into consideration when considering new projects they wanna spend their time being part of.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This can't really happen ... can it?   This can't really happen ... can it? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 1:35 pm

I wish Tim would do more with Beyond Fear. This might work but I have doubts.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: This can't really happen ... can it?   This can't really happen ... can it? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 1:38 pm

Quote :
I wish Tim would do more with Beyond Fear.

Agree with vehemence!!
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: This can't really happen ... can it?   This can't really happen ... can it? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 1:40 pm

emptytomb1 wrote:
I wish Tim would do more with Beyond Fear. This might work but I have doubts.

That CD was a big dud IMHO. His band is talented but those songs just weren't up to snuff IMHO.

I wonder if Malmsteen's camp leaked this just to feel out what the fans would think about this. I heard they do this with casting of genre movies just to see what the fanboy reaction is before they make a final decision.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: This can't really happen ... can it?   This can't really happen ... can it? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 1:47 pm

ultmetal wrote:
That does seem an odd pairing, unless perhaps Yngwie is going to go in a much heavier direction with his new stuff.

ult
i'd like that Smile

Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: This can't really happen ... can it?   This can't really happen ... can it? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 1:48 pm

Owens also recorded some vox on a recent Michael Wilson modern rock project that I'm sure they were feeling out for a big deal. Looks like it hasn't panned out or else we would've heard an announcement about it.

To me, his vox just didn't fit that style and couldn't really win over the kindof crowd that listens to the radio anyway.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: This can't really happen ... can it?   This can't really happen ... can it? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 2:40 pm

mc666 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

ult
i'd like that Smile
I too would like that.

scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: This can't really happen ... can it?   This can't really happen ... can it? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 2:42 pm

I'd check it out for sure!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: This can't really happen ... can it?   This can't really happen ... can it? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 3:00 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Quote :

Agree with vehemence!!

as do I
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: This can't really happen ... can it?   This can't really happen ... can it? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 3:02 pm

thrasher73 wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:
Quote :

Agree with vehemence!!

as do I

Me too. If I had to pick one over the other, I'd rather hear a new Beyond Fear cd over more Malmsteen wankery.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: This can't really happen ... can it?   This can't really happen ... can it? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 3:04 pm

Ah, my boys! Reason and sanity return.

TOB - This can't really happen ... can it? 19976

Very Happy I'd check out the Malmsteen too! Just can't miss a chance to rag on TOB!
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: This can't really happen ... can it?   This can't really happen ... can it? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 4:33 pm

It's official:
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=91666
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: This can't really happen ... can it?   This can't really happen ... can it? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 4:45 pm

Wow this is going to be very interesting. But whats even more wierd is this sentence from the article.......

Owens and Malmsteen previously collaborated on a cover of OZZY OSBOURNE's "Mr. Crowley", which appeared on the "Flying High Again: The World's Greatest Tribute to Ozzy Osbourne", released in March 20006 via Magick Records. Listen to the track on YouTube.

20006? The songs not even out yet and its on You Tube!
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: This can't really happen ... can it?   This can't really happen ... can it? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 4:47 pm

Well, this could be very interesting.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: This can't really happen ... can it?   This can't really happen ... can it? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 4:52 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Wow this is going to be very interesting. But whats even more wierd is this sentence from the article.......

That song was released years ago.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: This can't really happen ... can it?   This can't really happen ... can it? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 4:55 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:

That song was released years ago.

Yea, I'm pretty sure I had it on a comp called "Bat's Head Soup: A Tribute to Ozzy" that was put out by Deadline Records some time ago.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This can't really happen ... can it?   This can't really happen ... can it? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This can't really happen ... can it?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next