Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite solo act from King's X

Go down 
+4
tohostudios
DeathCult
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Favorite solo act from King's X - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite solo act from King's X   Favorite solo act from King's X - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 10:06 am

TrogDawn wrote:
I liked Ty's first two solo albums a lot and also the Platypus stuff, but I always felt that the glut of side projects these guys did were effectively the death of King's X for me. I've personally never recovered from it and I've never been able to recover the excitement that I once had about them. Neutral

Try again. The Metal Blade years have lots of good stuff on them...and you need to listen to "Ogre Tones"...best album since "Dogman"...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite solo act from King's X   Favorite solo act from King's X - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 2:48 pm

Quote :
And I call dibs if you dislike it.

Don't hold your breath!
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Favorite solo act from King's X   Favorite solo act from King's X - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 4:54 pm

I nabbed it...and it's quite good....need to digest it further....

Eyesore there is another copy there I can grab for you....but you are so far in cd debt to me...I hate to pile more on. lol!

Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Favorite solo act from King's X   Favorite solo act from King's X - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 7:53 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Try again. The Metal Blade years have lots of good stuff on them...and you need to listen to "Ogre Tones"...best album since "Dogman"...
I've heard just about everything from those years and nothing stuck with me. I've just lost interest. Neutral I do have a burn of Ogre Tones, but I have yet to listen to it. I'll get around to it someday...

Oh and on a side note...don't worry about those Stooges burns you promised me, I found them both used. Favorite solo act from King's X - Page 2 309780
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following

PostSubject: Re: Favorite solo act from King's X   Favorite solo act from King's X - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 8:01 pm

Shiney wrote:

Eyesore there is another copy there I can grab for you....but you are so far in cd debt to me...I hate to pile more on. lol!
Dude! I got a Zodiac Mindwarp CD today, and a Black Halos CD. Interested? Pleeeeeeeeeeeease?
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Favorite solo act from King's X   Favorite solo act from King's X - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 10:41 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Shiney wrote:

Dude! I got a Zodiac Mindwarp CD today, and a Black Halos CD. Interested? Pleeeeeeeeeeeease?

You're not going to offload quality like Z and the Black Halos are you. For shame if you do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite solo act from King's X   Favorite solo act from King's X - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 11:03 pm

rattpoison wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Shiney wrote:

You're not going to offload quality like Z and the Black Halos are you. For shame if you do.
Yup. The Black Halos went to Shiney, Zodiac Mindwarp is up on eBay. The Black Halos seem cool, but sounds like typical punk to me. Plus I owe Shiney! Haha. The Zodiac disc just isn't that good. I don't even need to listen to it more than once.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: Favorite solo act from King's X   Favorite solo act from King's X - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 11:07 pm

May Cobalt Stargazer strike you down in your sleep blashphemer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite solo act from King's X   Favorite solo act from King's X - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 11:15 pm

rattpoison wrote:
May Cobalt Stargazer strike you down in your sleep blashphemer.
You ever heard The Steppes?
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: Favorite solo act from King's X   Favorite solo act from King's X - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 11:16 pm

No. Care to fill me in?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite solo act from King's X   Favorite solo act from King's X - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 11:31 pm

rattpoison wrote:
No. Care to fill me in?
They appear to be an Irish band. I picked up a CD by them called Harps And Hammers yesterday. It had that look, you know. But I figured they were some kids doing the retro thing, but it turns out they've been around since the early 80s. There's very little info on them out there, though.

The style is an odd mix of 70s rock and 80s power-pop, even a little pysch, but it's done really well. Seems like a band a few of you here would dig. Check out these songs for two distinct styles:

The Land Of Hope
Key To My Heart

More here: http://www.myspace.com/thesteppesnowonmyspace

I'm really digging this album.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: Favorite solo act from King's X   Favorite solo act from King's X - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 11:45 pm

Good find. This stuff is awesome, primo garage! It's very based in the 60's but it's got a kind of 70's rock thing running through it. I see they were signed to Bomp which is pretty much a guarantee for bands being good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite solo act from King's X   Favorite solo act from King's X - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 11:51 pm

rattpoison wrote:
Good find. This stuff is awesome, primo garage! It's very based in the 60's but it's got a kind of 70's rock thing running through it. I see they were signed to Bomp which is pretty much a guarantee for bands being good.
Definitely a good find, but I'm assuming the majority of their discography is on vinyl, which sucks for me. Haha.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: Favorite solo act from King's X   Favorite solo act from King's X - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 11:53 pm

You never know Bomp might clean out the vaults like they usually do and reissue it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite solo act from King's X   Favorite solo act from King's X - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 11:06 am

TrogDawn wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I've heard just about everything from those years and nothing stuck with me. I've just lost interest. Neutral I do have a burn of Ogre Tones, but I have yet to listen to it. I'll get around to it someday...

Oh and on a side note...don't worry about those Stooges burns you promised me, I found them both used. Favorite solo act from King's X - Page 2 309780

I suck.... Sad Sorry. I need to quit promising burns of stuff...I had one guy get REAL mad at me about it...I felt horrible...

Listen to "Ogre Tones"...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite solo act from King's X   Favorite solo act from King's X - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 4:30 pm

News:

Quote :
Legendary hard rockers KING'S X have changed the projected title of their new album to "XV" from the previously announced "Go Tell Somebody". The CD will be released through InsideOut Music on the following dates:

U.S.: May 20
Germany, Austria, Switzerland: May 16
Rest of Europe: May 19

"XV" was recorded and mixed at Wireworld Studios in Nashville, Tennessee with producer Michael Wagener (SKID ROW, ALICE COOPER). This is the second KING'S X album in a row with Wagener manning the boards. Pleased with the results of 2005's "Ogre Tones", the band headed into the studio more prepared and creative than ever before.

"We really enjoyed working with him on the last album," guitarist Ty Tabor said shortly before entering the studio to record the new CD. "There was no pre-production on anything and we were pleased with how it turned out. This time, we're doing some pre-production, some writing together and we're going to try to outdo ourselves. We're going in this time with a complete and prepared attack."

Glad they changed the title (I thought Go Tell Somebody was dumb), but XV is also crap to me. I have album titles that signify the chronological number that the release may be (i.e. Def Leppard's X for their 10th album, Staind's Chapter V for their fifth album, etc). A pet peeve of mine, I guess.

But it's just a name! So I can't wait for this one. 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite solo act from King's X   Favorite solo act from King's X - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 4:31 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I have album titles that signify the chronological number that the release may be (i.e. Def Leppard's X for their 10th album, Staind's Chapter V for their fifth album, etc). A pet peeve of mine, I guess.

This is like the IVth time you mentioned this. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite solo act from King's X   Favorite solo act from King's X - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 5:00 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
I have album titles that signify the chronological number that the release may be (i.e. Def Leppard's X for their 10th album, Staind's Chapter V for their fifth album, etc). A pet peeve of mine, I guess.

This is like the IVth time you mentioned this. Smile
5cr3w y0u, tu88y!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite solo act from King's X   Favorite solo act from King's X - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 5:31 pm

Yeah - Fellow KX freak, Brent, filled me in on that. It's no surprise. Inside-Out seems to never be on the ball.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite solo act from King's X   Favorite solo act from King's X - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 7:10 pm

I like the new title...I DON'T like the new release date... angry
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite solo act from King's X   Favorite solo act from King's X - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 7:28 am

Favorite solo act from King's X - Page 2 XV-Cover

New album cover...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite solo act from King's X   Favorite solo act from King's X - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 12:27 pm

Looks pretty metal for them.

When is the release date?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite solo act from King's X   Favorite solo act from King's X - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 1:08 pm

May 20
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite solo act from King's X   Favorite solo act from King's X - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 1:13 pm

What's with the cross AND pentgram, dUg?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Favorite solo act from King's X   Favorite solo act from King's X - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 1:47 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
What's with the cross AND pentgram, dUg?

He goes both ways. And, yes, the pun was intended.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite solo act from King's X   Favorite solo act from King's X - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite solo act from King's X
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next